The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea validated?

Idea threads

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022
So I posted before an idea for a course/online school for an accounting qualification (in the future qualifications) that I completed myself and thought was massively overpriced and needed democratisation, I checked Udemy and there was a person in 2017 with a similar idea but dreadful execution (1 course needed to be solid 30hrs, they went for 5hrs and other issues like bad PowerPoint, lousy presenter with a monotonous voice etc.) they still had over 1.5k users @£60 per course for 5 courses, assuming 37% revenue share that's £167k pre-tax, not great but still a good result and would be enough to kickstart my venture, I'd have better courses and hope to establish productocracy even if it is only Udemy at the beginning so hoping to at least repeat the user numbers, ultimately I don't want my business on Udemy but I would need money to scale the business up. Also starting on Udemy would disrupt the space in the beginning and as competition is brick and mortar so they cannot react as I'd be undercutting them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Luke23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 29, 2023
So I posted before an idea for a course/online school for an accounting qualification (in the future qualifications) that I completed myself and thought was massively overpriced and needed democratisation, I checked Udemy and there was a person in 2017 with a similar idea but dreadful execution (1 course needed to be solid 30hrs, they went for 5hrs and other issues like bad PowerPoint, lousy presenter with a monotonous voice etc.) they still had over 1.5k users @£60 per course for 5 courses, assuming 37% revenue share that's £167k pre-tax, not great but still a good result and would be enough to kickstart my venture, I'd have better courses and hope to establish productocracy even if it is only Udemy at the beginning so hoping to at least repeat the user numbers, ultimately I don't want my business on Udemy but I would need money to scale the business up. Also starting on Udemy would disrupt the space in the beginning and as competition is brick and mortar so they cannot react as I'd be undercutting them.
Go for it!

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Seems to me you did your research and I can only repeat - go for it! I think Udemy is a great place to start, but I do agree with you - aim higher. Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.