The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea- need analysis

Idea threads

Baker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2015
Problem: Acne

I have an idea for a supplement that can completely get rid of acne. It's a combination of two vitamins that actually do get rid of acne when taken together. This remedy is known by some people but isn't sold as an acne supplement anywhere and it really does work. It also makes your skin soft and smooth whilst it's eradicating acne and scars. It would be a daily capsule or soft gel and if I go through with it I'm thinking of adding a 1 bottle guaranteed clear face or something along the lines. (Or money back).

My target market would be teenagers and young adults suffering with acne. These people are usually desperately looking for a solution but the thing is none of the facial washes really work because they don't target the cause.

What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
Have you tested this with a large amount of other people?

Acne is a very complex situation, as potential solutions will (usually) only work on a small percentage of people.

Unless you're literally selling accutane in a bottle, it's pretty unlikely that you have a solution that will work widespread. If you're claiming it does, then you'll need some proof to show your customers, or you'll come off as another snake-oil salesman.

Baker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2015
Have you tested this with a large amount of other people?

Acne is a very complex situation, as potential solutions will (usually) only work on a small percentage of people.

Unless you're literally selling accutane in a bottle, it's pretty unlikely that you have a solution that will work widespread. If you're claiming it does, then you'll need some proof to show your customers, or you'll come off as another snake-oil salesman.
Good point. I might send free bottles to some consumers and stay in contact with them to track their progress and attain testimonials.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Find a manufacturer for the product, make a few samples, or find an existing product to private label.
Get people to take it and see if it actually works, If it does work, create a sales funnel and drive traffic to it via Facebook.

Supplements are risky business though FYI, i've been marketing them for well over a year, but it takes tons of time to get it started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Baker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 8, 2015
Find a manufacturer for the product, make a few samples, or find an existing product to private label.
Get people to take it and see if it actually works, If it does work, create a sales funnel and drive traffic to it via Facebook.

Supplements are risky business though FYI, i've been marketing them for well over a year, but it takes tons of time to get it started.
What makes them risky?

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Vitamin C and E?

Vitamin C works well for me, technically it reduces the redness of acne

But C&E are anti-oxidants which help remove free radicals which can be responsible for acne

There is so many factors in acne it is obvious 1 product in this category cannot attack all the factors

Rsimmons016

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Oct 22, 2013
Miami, FL, U.S.A.
Are you going to manufacturer domestically or overseas? Be carful with the claims you market and list on the label. Dietary supplements are fairly easy to sort out with FDA. Any medicinal claims throw you into a different realm of FDA.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.