The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Wrote an E-book That’s Now Paying My Car Payments

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Just a small inspirational story.

I have a personal blog which gets a few thousand visitors every month.

Last year I decided to write an e-book that would help my readers solve a specific problem.

The book was done in April, where I'd launch it to my mailing list and on my blog.

It's around 42,000 words, and the price of the book is $37.

After making three sales in May, barely enough to pay for my car payment, it made enough money to pay for my monthly car payment twice in June.

If you have a blog or a website, why not create a digital product that helps your visitors, if you're not already selling a product to them?

I've been making money from affiliate sales on my blog. But the lack of control have smashed my earnings to the ground several times (earned thousands on one program, that one day just closed and left my blog earning pennies).

Now having my own product, no one but me can decide when to shut it down.

My plan is to save all the money from my book, so when I have enough, I can pay off my car debt in one big chunk.

It wasn't clever to get a car a few years ago, that I couldn't pay for in cash.

But it was smart to create a new income source, that hopefully can help me pay off the debt in half the time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
This is amazing and inspirational! Definitely my plan as well. What niche are you in? Feel like sharing your website?

xWW

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
This is amazing and inspirational! Definitely my plan as well. What niche are you in? Feel like sharing your website?

xWW

Not a single niche per say. It's my personal blog, where I write about my businesses, personal development, life etc.

The blog isn't in English, so not much sense in sharing it here

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I did this a while back and I made some decent money off my book. I literally did no advertising and it still sold copies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congrats, a small step into something much larger. Once you get a taste, there's usually no going back!

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Great work. It's funny, I've been having a look at cars recently to replace the wife's car in 2-3 years. We have put in place saving measures so we can have majority cash payment when the time comes...but everyone I talk to says 'why wait!? Interest rates on car loans are only 6-7%?'

I've told the wife that if she wants a car sooner, she needs to figure out an idea that pays the loan plus extra weekly after tax...!

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles

Last year I decided to write an e-book that would help my readers solve a specific problem.

The book was done in April, where I'd launch it to my mailing list and on my blog.

After making three sales in May, barely enough to pay for my car payment, it made enough money to pay for my monthly car payment twice in June.

If you have a blog or a website, why not create a digital product that helps your visitors, if you're not already selling a product to them?

I've been making money from affiliate sales on my blog. But the lack of control have smashed my earnings to the ground several times (earned thousands on one program, that one day just closed and left my blog earning pennies).

My plan is to save all the money from my book, so when I have enough, I can pay off my car debt in one big chunk.

But it was smart to create a new income source, that hopefully can help me pay off the debt in half the time.
Thanks for sharing.

MRide

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Jun 29, 2018
Congrats on your win, Sander! :D
Love the e-book stuff - has been an awesome tool for me too.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Fantastic stuff!

Is there any way you can double down on this success? $37 is not cheap for an ebook by a (presumably) unknown author, yet you have sales. This indicates to me that you have something good here.

Have you tried pushing it through any other medium than your blog/email marketing? Maybe try some social media marketing, facebook groups etc.

Basically you have shown that if this product is exposed to a small audience, they buy, so now set about increasing the size of that audience.

Well done again, this really isn't easy what you've done. :cool:

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019

Awesome man.

I just feel like ebooks don't sell anymore. Nobody goes on blogs and buys $37 ebooks. You could've got lucky, or, your content is extremely good and the website/book must look excellent.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Awesome man.

I just feel like ebooks don't sell anymore. Nobody goes on blogs and buys $37 ebooks. You could've got lucky, or, your content is extremely good and the website/book must look excellent.

I feel like ebooks sell. Even for $37.

Hell, I know a guy who sells an ebook about real estate investing for $89 a piece.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
$37 is indeed not a cheap price for a book! That is truly awesome that you are getting sales, it must have good value. Do you know if there are other books like this in your language?

Congrats! You're quite inspiring.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019
I feel like ebooks sell. Even for $37.

Hell, I know a guy who sells an ebook about real estate investing for $89 a piece.

What I should have said is it's really difficult to sell ebooks with little to no credibility. It's impressive that you're getting consistent sales.

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
I have finished a softcover recently and will advance this to ebook and audiobook too. I already bought a sufficient mic for speaking.
I am really proud that I finished something like this. It gives me a lot of self esteem though missing any sells up until now.

However, the target are just young adolescents without much money. So my customers are paying just 9 € and I earn around 2.5 right now per sale. So I have to make a sufficient marketing setup next to it.

The next time I write a book, I will also try to use better tools. I have a dictating software now and the good microphone will help me to accelarate the output. But this is something for 2020 :). One step after another.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
What I should have said is it's really difficult to sell ebooks with little to no credibility. It's impressive that you're getting consistent sales.

I think maybe it has something to do with the language. In English, maybe there are hundreds of books like this, all competing on Amazon, all racing to the buttom when it comes to the price.

In Danish, which I write in, this is the first book about this topic. And Amazon/Kindle isn't very popular here yet (compared to the countries with Amazon departments). So much less competition, and I'm not directly competing with thousands of Kindle books on the same topic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.