The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I took the red pill and I can't go back

CNasty

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 7, 2018
Hey everybody I'm Chris from Canada I recently finished reading Unscripted and it's really helped me understand how I've felt my whole life "that there's something wrong with the world you don't know what it is but its there like a splinter in your mind"- love the matrix and in time references, so relevant and true.

Some history about me: since I was a kid I always enjoyed the value exchange offering products or services for value vouchers whether it was cleaning cars, helping out at my Dad's dental practice or selling chocolates door to door for my football team and a few part time jobs as a teenager, I can also remember visiting businesses with my family imagining how I would run them and make them better. Sadly as I got older the Script took over and after high school I went to college because that's what were supposed to do but without an interest I wasted a lot of money getting no where, I dropped out and worked Retail management at a big box retailer for years then switched to management at a quick lube/tire center which led me to start my own business offering a mobile tire service but I made a lot of mistakes, blinded by ambition I took high interest debt to get things started as a result it didn't take long with no cash flow, not enough customers and Huge monthly payments that I couldn't maintain the business and had to shut it down and get a job.

I'm currently an Automotive technician at a dealership a job I've had since my first business over 4 years ago, the last year has been a lot of self discovery, I had this nagging thought, is this it? paycheck to paycheck for the next 43 years of my life for a "promised" government pension? always at the mercy of a boss with there own agenda, I knew this wasn't for me.

After reading many self help books things were more clear but there was still something missing, then came Unscripted the book to end the search, everything in the book made so much sense from dispelling the myths, the bias's, the beliefs, the bullshit, learning how to start a Productocracy business using the five commandments and reaching an Unscripted life, I'm grateful to MJ and his book showing me how to take control of my life and restart the entrepreneur fire I had as a kid, I like the Automotive field so I may start a related business but I'm here to expand my mind to see how else I can add value and contribute to the forum along the way, thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So you read Unscripted (first) and not TMF ? (TMF is my first book, I'm always interested how readers perceive reading them in reverse.)

Welcome and thanks for the intro.

Turner

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 27, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
Great post and welcome. There are a few of us on here from Calgary. If you ever want someone to bounce ideas off shoot me a PM. - Ryan

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Welcome! I think autodealers are terrible with social media. Maybe that is something- and Idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CNasty

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 7, 2018
So you read Unscripted (first) and not TMF ? (TMF is my first book, I'm always interested how readers perceive reading them in reverse.)

Welcome and thanks for the intro.

Ya haha I found Unscripted through an amazon review of a different author and once I started reading I was hooked, reading TMF is definitely on my to do list!

CNasty

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 7, 2018
Great post and welcome. There are a few of us on here from Calgary. If you ever want someone to bounce ideas off shoot me a PM. - Ryan

that's awesome thanks Ryan.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...