The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO I took the red pill and I can't go back

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

CNasty

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 7, 2018
Hey everybody I'm Chris from Canada I recently finished reading Unscripted and it's really helped me understand how I've felt my whole life "that there's something wrong with the world you don't know what it is but its there like a splinter in your mind"- love the matrix and in time references, so relevant and true.

Some history about me: since I was a kid I always enjoyed the value exchange offering products or services for value vouchers whether it was cleaning cars, helping out at my Dad's dental practice or selling chocolates door to door for my football team and a few part time jobs as a teenager, I can also remember visiting businesses with my family imagining how I would run them and make them better. Sadly as I got older the Script took over and after high school I went to college because that's what were supposed to do but without an interest I wasted a lot of money getting no where, I dropped out and worked Retail management at a big box retailer for years then switched to management at a quick lube/tire center which led me to start my own business offering a mobile tire service but I made a lot of mistakes, blinded by ambition I took high interest debt to get things started as a result it didn't take long with no cash flow, not enough customers and Huge monthly payments that I couldn't maintain the business and had to shut it down and get a job.

I'm currently an Automotive technician at a dealership a job I've had since my first business over 4 years ago, the last year has been a lot of self discovery, I had this nagging thought, is this it? paycheck to paycheck for the next 43 years of my life for a "promised" government pension? always at the mercy of a boss with there own agenda, I knew this wasn't for me.

After reading many self help books things were more clear but there was still something missing, then came Unscripted the book to end the search, everything in the book made so much sense from dispelling the myths, the bias's, the beliefs, the bullshit, learning how to start a Productocracy business using the five commandments and reaching an Unscripted life, I'm grateful to MJ and his book showing me how to take control of my life and restart the entrepreneur fire I had as a kid, I like the Automotive field so I may start a related business but I'm here to expand my mind to see how else I can add value and contribute to the forum along the way, thank you.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
So you read Unscripted (first) and not TMF? (TMF is my first book, I'm always interested how readers perceive reading them in reverse.)

Welcome and thanks for the intro.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Welcome! I think autodealers are terrible with social media. Maybe that is something- and Idea?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Top Bottom