The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think Im going to be sick ...

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I suppose like anything else it's about doing your due dilligence. The Whitney seminar that I went to was like the bizarre social experiment gone wrong. People of ALL walks of life (toothless and broke to doctors wearing Rolex watches) were lined up with credit cards in hand to be the first 20 to sign up at the reduced rate or $45k. I was one of the ones who had to meet with a "wealth coach" one-on-one. This person had a little desk set up and we briefly discussed my goals. The whole time my spider sense was tingling. The "wealth coach" was nothing more that a temp employee whose job (for that weekend) was to shame me into signing up. When I asked how well the Whitney training worked for them they responded that they hadn't gone through it. When I asked how they could pass on such an opportunity, my meeting was over. (This was about me and not them. They wanted people who were action takers, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, well I want a wealth coach who has wealth- so I see we are at an impass!...That's how it ended.)
Are some seminars worth $45k? Maybe. I believe in Diane Kennedy and she's done nothing so far but share thousands of dollars worth of advice with us for free. She knows what she is doing.... Many others just make money by getting you to part with yours. Key difference there!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
I don't know who this guy is or what his product is like, but let's think for a minute about what's happening. This guy has built his business to a point where he can charge $45K for a seminar. If someone considers $45K a good price to exchange for the information/service they'll get, who are we to judge? Sure, his customer might be a sap, and for you, this price might be a rip-off, but his customers must see some value there. If not, they can either not buy it, or have the opportunity for legal recourse if it's all crap.

However, if you could find a niche market to sell $45K products to (which cost almost nothing to produce and maybe a bit of marketing cost), I'm sure you'd be happy. I would!

On the other hand, someone mentioned his high-pressure sales tactics. I haven't heard of them, but if he conducted his business in a legal and reasonable way, I wouldn't have a problem with it. In fact, I'd be curious if there were lessons from it I could learn.

I agree that it's a lot of cash to part with, but if it gets his customer motivated and making headway to their own freedom, it's not really relevant. It's better than spending it on stupid stuff (eg: 2.5 years of work-related expenses in a corporate job in my city... fuel, parking, lunch, coffee... adds up to $45K in 2.5 years.)

:)
Daniel

camski

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 24, 2007
Noblesville, IN
I think Mj summed it up as well as anyone. There is so much free information out there that I personally wouldnt pay $45K for any seminar, but that is just me. But i do not begrudge anyone who CONDUCTS a seminar and finds people to pay the $45K. In fact I respect them for being able to command that money. It might indeed be nothing but crap, but so was the pet rock and tons of other things that are sold all over the world.
I am not one to take a moral highground about how anyone makes their money. How one makes their money all comes down to their own moral compass. Being the capitalist I am I believe the market will make or break a business model. If these seminars are being purchased means that there is a market for it and Russ Whitney has found a way to capitalize on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.