• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

I think Im going to be sick ...

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by MJ DeMarco, Aug 24, 2007.

1. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,999
    Admin Post
    Reading this makes me ill ...

Poor saps are going to pay $45K for information that can be found for FREE. High pressure sales tactics (for $495) only to be upsold to more stuff.

Imagine the people that pay for this stuff ... the debt of the seminar will handcuff them for years.
    :cuss:
    http://forum.richdad.com/forums/tm.asp?m=618258&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

2. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,814
    Man what a coincidence. I was just reading that entry and making the exact same observation. What a huge hole to put yourself into to get started!:cheers:

1 person likes this.
  3. running dogg

running dogg Banned

Rep Bank:
    $0
    Russ Whitney is a disgusting excuse for a human being, and if he sues me for saying it, I'll get some people together and bring his empire of scamming crashing down, even if I have to play Samson. That's how disgusted I am with him and his tactics. I saw what he did to Creative Real Estate Online after some posters trashed him. He threatened to not only sue them, but utterly destroy them, professionally and personally. It reminds me of the "freak outs" L. Ron Hubbard pulled on his critics.

Also, the $45k is for ONE SEMINAR. There's a graduated scale, like in Scientology. At the end, the total cost is probably something like $100k. If I had that much money, I wouldn't need a seminar, I'd need a wealth manager, like the kids of billionaires have to manage their dough so they can keep the tabloids in business. If I could get a $100k credit card limit, I wouldn't need Whitney either.

I'm financing the startup costs of my e-commerce website on cards, and already I'm starting to get nervous. I'm thinking of getting a personal loan to pay down the cards so I can continue. If some dumb seminar guru told me to sweet talk my bank into giving me a $100k credit limit, I'd tell him to go pound sand, because it ain't gonna happen.

4. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    Can any of you comment on wealth managers, based on your experience?

5. royemunson

royemunson Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $374
    Yes, if this is nuts. This is why I dislike the so called gurus. Once your in their funnel, their sales tactics are to continue to upsell you until you've spent more than you can afford.

Heck Diane Kennedy has a real estate seminar in Hawaii that is 30K.

They make you feel like you can't be successful until you spend this kind of cash.

Joe

6. Peter2

Peter2 Fastane Legend. RIP.

Rep Bank:
    $10,807
    If a wealth manager is sooooooo good, how come he still has to work? :rolleyes:

7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    well, if that were completely truth then Roger Federer or Tiger Woods would need a coach? They are clearly the best on what they do and still need coaches. Same with singers and actors. Or maybe these comparisons are stupid.

Let's talk about business people... the most important CEOs also have coaches --called advisers or something else, but the concept is the same.

I do know of rich people using them, and knowing that there are so many wealth people in this forum that's why I ask.

1 person likes this.
  8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,999
    Admin Post
    Thats a great analogy however I think a coach that Tiger Woods might use and a coach that the "Russ Whitney's seminar-lecture-circuit" provides are two different things. The speakers make millions selling seminars and educating people on book theory which, with discipline, can be learned from a book. The lazy mentality, "I want someone to show me step-by-step the road to wealth" is why these seminars are big money winners for the guys the propagate them.

Not all education is treated equally because each carries a cost.

People worth millions don't go to work for Cash Flow Technologies or Russ Whitney. They don't sit on the phone in some office in Phoenix and "coach" callers.

No one has contacted me. Peter? Anyone contact you to be a mentor? SteveO? Russ?? Anybody?

1 person likes this.
  9. snowbank

snowbank Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $22,712

Be my mentor MJ?(seriously):smxB:

1 person likes this.
  10. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $403,999
    Admin Post
    That's the point of this forum! To have real millionaire mentors! Not some guy in an office that was hired for $20/hr to play the part of a successful businessman. :smxG:

1 person likes this.
  11. kimberland

kimberland Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $128
    I'm wary of any mentor that won't talk about downside
    (everyone can do this, you won't lose money, etc).

If you're playing the stock market,
    there will be bad days, bad decisions.
    You'll end up losing money.
    Just part of the game.

If you're leading projects,
    some will blow up in your face
    and you'll likely get fired
    (or as I call it... taking the hits for the team).

: )

nomadjanet likes this.
  12. andviv

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    MJ, I think we are talking two diff things in here; my mistake for mixing things up.

The post was about Whitney and RDE. Then somebody mentioned about Wealth Coach/Strategists. I do know of a rich guy (you know him as well) that uses wealth coaching and told me it was worth every penny (and it is not cheap!!). I was asking about that in particular; probably should be a separate post.

13. Peter2

Peter2 Fastane Legend. RIP.

Rep Bank:
    $10,807
    I suggest that you start a new thread where we can talk about this issue.

14. Russ H

Russ H Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,420
    Yes, I do get the occasional request, from various places (everything from B&B mgt, to wealth building, to home theater design/construction, to building a business).

My answer:

That's why I write.

These days the writing is on the forums. In days past I wrote for magazines (before they became internet roadkill) and taught workshops.

Got paid well for it, too. :)

-Russ H.

15. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $403,999
    Admin Post
    I mean, has anyone from RD Corp, or Russ Whitney Corp, contacted you to be a mentor. They are selling mentors.

16. Russ H

Rep Bank:
    $2,420
  17. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    This is what I found most disgusting, assuming it's true:

18. cantwait2

cantwait2 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,908
    Property gurus have been charging up to $50k on this side of the globe for the duration of the property boom. Unfortunately there are always people clinging to the illusion that there is an easy way. They keep paying which is why these guys stay in business.

It's like spam, someone's buying.

19. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,743
    I was there, and yes they do take an intermission/lunch so people can go call their credit card companies to increase the amount of available credit. I increased my limits by $25k! ...Which is awesome, and I love having access to all that low cost (0% for 6 months) money- but hell if I bought anything there! Lots of people did. It was a super hard sell and there was this whole level of status given to those who joined. After all, they were the real action takers. Lame.

20. Russ H

Rep Bank:
    $2,420
    Funny thing is, I have older tapes and CDs from Robert Kiyosaki where he talks about how you can learn a lot from books and DOING, and that going the seminar route, while it can lead to success, can just as easily NOT-- and-- he says it's too expensive, he didn't see it being worth what the seminar leaders were charging.

RK's past seminars (5+ years ago) focused on selling his books and tapes. He really didn't try to "up sell" his students into seminars where they'd spend thousands of dollars.

Times change.

-Russ H.

21. andviv

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    He has said it before. The only way to make it to the billionaire level (which is his next goal) is to have "infinite returns"
    For him using these seminars is great ROI as he is not putting anything else than his name and others make him the money by using the old pressure-based seminar schemes.
    And just wait until his company starts pushing his franchising down everybody's throats. I can see the only way for franchisees will be to sell the RDE seminars.

22. yveskleinsky

Rep Bank:
    $1,743

Just curious- I'm assuming that when you posted this link that the link was active and not all deleted posts. (Very 1984 of the RD site.)

23. nomadjanet

nomadjanet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $202
    This is soooo true & no one wants to say it or to hear it. You will lose money on some deals. No one hits a homerun every up to bat.
    ++++ Seeing both sides of a deal makes us better business people.
    Janet

24. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $403,999
    Admin Post
    Thats called damage control - you can't sell $50K seminars and have your own forum exposing the BS that it is.

25. yveskleinsky

Rep Bank:
    $1,743
    I think this was from a post that I started on the value of the Whitney training. In my defense, I kept getting hammered by people who didn't read the whole friggin post. I would have never paid anywhere near $50k for training, I was just wondering if anyone had and if they felt it was worth it.

...I like how the mods response to the deletion is: "Does not add value". Ironically enough, the intention of my post was to clarify value. Potato/potatoe I guess.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.