It’s my first post in the forum, so if it’s not the proper place for my thread, please excuse me.
I have my store ready with 0 sales and no money to run ads because I blew my savings during the quarantine of COVID and I’m still stuck in the 9-5…
How I got here?
So a quick intro – around a year ago I decided I will start my first business ever. I still haven’t read TMF or UNScripted at that time, but I had an idea that I wanted to see unfold. Young and stupid I rushed into it thinking it would be easy. I’ve never been so wrong. However I started doing my first prototype of the product. After searching for the right materials for few months , combining them and tweeking little details, I was satisfied with the quality of the product.
So I had my product good to go and now it was time to see if people would want to buy it. I started doing my research about where can I show my product and which people would be interested in it and then this happens…
And here I found that another guy was doing pretty much the same thing , and having huge success doing it.
Okay, at least people want this type of product and are willing to pay for it. I was aware of the fact that no matter what you do, you will always have competitors. And I thought probably that’s the way things should be. For the next few months I was creating my website – using the Shopify platform, doing the logo for the product, photoshooting each style of the product, writing the descriptions, doing all sort of preparation stuff to get ready.
After so much months of not receiving a single dollar, but only investing into good materials and machines so the product can be perfect, and what not I was ready to go live. My store is set up, my product is excellent and I start running facebook ads.
I launched my facebook ads, and went to sleep hoping, the next day I might wake up with a sale.
Nope.
Not a single add to cart or any sort of interest. I went to work thinking I must did something wrong or people still haven’t seen my ad enough times. And so few days past by and still no results. I stopped the ads and decided I would have to try new creatives. So I did it a few more tries and I still have nothing to show. I felt really shitty. Thoughts of doubt started crawling – What was I thinking? I’ve never sold anything online. I was not the guys who are making 6-figues selling stuff online. I’m not familiar with the market. People don’t want my product. It’s not that good. It’s not worth their money.
I felt stupid and I stopped doing anything for like a month, and that’s the time when COVID hits us. The city got under quarantine, and I have to stay at home for 2 months, without job or any sort of income.I had savings, because I’ve always lived under my means, but for the last 3 months they disappeared. And here I am asking for advice.
The main question I have is the following: How do you know if it’s time to give up the business, because it’s hopeless, and start the next project?
P.S. I thought my first post would be so much better, and as I’m reading this i realise my writing is awful, but I just wanted to get it out there! Thank you for reading this
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
