The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Think Best When I am ________ .

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just a fun, interesting thread idea that popped in my head randomly.
Where do you think, brainstorm, get creative, etc. at?

I'll start it off:
1) Shower - my head is clear and I come up with some extremely good business ideas.

2) Bookstore - I'll go to Borders and just spend a few hours looking through things that interest me. I come up with at least 5 epiphanies before I leave.

3) Sitting at Nashville's capitol overlooking the city - clears my mind and I relax and look back at life, what I'm doing, and what I need to do to get to where I want to be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

qwerety

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
May 26, 2008
Detroit, MI
Right after I see an awesome post here, or heard/read a good book that makes me think.

Like when I first saw the thread here about goal writing awhile back, it helped to concentrate my focus more when I went right after to go write some goals up.

If I just sit and try to think, nothing much usually comes from that.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Same here the best ideas come when I'm doing my morning activities.

Taking a night drive by myself around the city.

Being online in my quiet room, inspired by everyone here.

ktzn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Munich, Germany
Bit different:

1: After i have driven hard and i settle for a slower drive back home my mind starts wandering.

2: Lying on my back in the backyard with a blue sky over me and good music in my ears.

3: When i sit in a meeting which gets a bit boring i usually find my self questioning a thing we discussed earlier.

4: when i pick up a old note wrote in one of the 3 above my mind can go nuts and it will begin throwing in new ideas and expanding already exsisting ideas.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
1) I think best when I am on the toilet. I know that sounds silly but it's where I have come up with many great ideas in the past.

2) I take a 1 hour power walk in the evenings for exercise. This is where I get a lot of ideas even though I use this time to envision me in possession of wealth and already having my goals fulfilled. It's inspirational for me. During those times I do switch gears and come up with flashes of ideas... which then I entertain those ideas and see if I can formulate any plan of action.

3) On my way to sleep. I am so tired these days so I tend not to have a lot of time to think on my way to sleep. Next thing I know it's morning. But sometimes it takes me 10-15 minutes to drift off and I spend a lot of time thinking clearer during this time of unwinding.

Great topic for a thread. Thanks. :banana:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I think best when i am in a new environment. Since my brain is already kick started since i am learning a new place, i take the opportunity to accelerate it. It helps that i am away from the grind as well.

When i am away from my desk and sitting somewhere in a nice environment with my notebook and jimnie gel pen.

In an environment that i want to be in more often or experience more often, IE camping, at a nice house, in a nice city, nice hotel etc etc. This puts me where i want to be, so i back track how to get there.

PS REP + i tihnk people are forgetting about rep these days, great thread.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
My best ideas come when I am lying in bed trying to go to sleep. I am not one of the fellows who can jump into bed and fall asleep within minutes, it usually takes me at least half an hour. Something about being super comfortable and warm with nothing else to do but let your thoughts go to work.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
My thoughts and ideas come randomly out of the blue. Doesn't really matter what I am doing. I usually wake up every morning trying to remember the idea that I had thought out the night before. I guess you would call it controlled ADD.:cool:

I can do my best thinking when I am at the coast fishing, but when I am there it is for a different reason. I don't want to think at all, just relax.:coolgleamA:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
This thread is funny because last week I was having this same conversation and my wife chimed in and said she thinks the best right after sex. When we were dating and first got married after we had sex I was up and out, working on a new project while she slept the day away.

Today we have reversed. I am so pooped after sex, I might puff on a cigar or watch a movie and chill out. My wife starts coming up with these crazy ideas. It's funny. One time I jumped in the shower to rinse of after a nice session and I hadn't been gone but 10 minutes and when I get back my wife re-arranged the bedroom and was like cleaning stuff up. She told me we would be happier with the TV in the corner while the head of the bed rested up against the outside wall. She was right. :smxB:

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
*rep++ for starting this thread
1) Shower
2) During or after meditation
3) After a good workout
4) While reclining on the beach watching the waves
5) During/after being on a friend's mega-yacht, beach estate or private jet; nothing motivates me more!! :banana:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks @Laguna. Reading some of the responses, I had to add a few more..

On an airplane - I always get a window seat and look at the ground during the entire flight. It really humbles me.. seeing how BIG the world really is (like I'm just one of the millions of specks trying to survive and live), seeing how we as people are so advanced that we create amazing things, also reminds me to never take life for granted and always chase my dreams (cause the plane can crash at any time!lol)

Laying down to sleep - this one is a classic. Sometimes, I won't even go to sleep because I keep putting notes into my phone. Or I will straight get up out of bed and hit the computer to do research.

Walking in huge house neighborhoods - there's a nearby suburb called Brentwood and I will take a walk in the multi-million estate neighborhoods. I get soooo motivated!

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I think best when I(m)-

1. Find myself getting annoyed with a situation
2. About to fall asleep
3. See a Lambo race down a highway.
4. When others try to bring me down. (They just motivate me more)

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Mine are similar to the others here.

- Whenever I am doing something routine like showering, eating, washing dishes, etc. my mind wanders and I think of all kinds of ideas.
- During my walks because it is repetitive and the movement energizes me.
- While I am driving, because it is routine and the speed/movement has a similar effect to exercising.
- Random pacing. I'll get started on an idea when I'm doing something routine and then I won't be done with the idea so I'll keep pacing around until I'm finished mulling it over.

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
There are a lot of places where I think good, but toilet and shower are No.1. No one can disturb me there:) But I think I have problem with spending to much time on this places...

It is simply amazing how many ideas then comes to my mind, and then I have to analyze each :)))

The best performance is when after time spent on this forum I go to the toilet:)

Maybe I could write a book "101 Toilet Business Ideas"....

Generally, I think I can think best when no one bothers me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.