The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I started a week ago

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Hugo Del Portel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 15, 2020
Barcelona Spain
Hello everyone,

I started my journey as an entrepreneur a week ago. Well, it took for me an official first step a week ago.

I don't really know what I'll be facing, or do I ? I mean, I may have read TMF and UNSCRIPTED at least twice ...

I think it's prety clear that the path will be full of ambushes, tolls and failures are to be expected. Anyway, I did chose to take a 180 turn from the 7 to 15 job ( what I mean is that the job will be a secure income source for the time needed for my project to be reliable, and not my principal preocupation).

My goal, poped out in my mind during a repetitive, meaningless and time consuming task, is to ease people experience. I'm sure that I am not the only to suffer such incomodity, so I'll make sure to find an elegant solution to it.

So my value is to facilitate user experience, to "ease" boring tasks.

I've been spending my afterwork time to start a web, refreshing things learned during college, and pushing further my ideas, aiming to turn them into viables solutions.
So far I've got a domain, some few pages createds on the website, the and algotihms on paper (got to turn that into code).

On a critical point of view, someone would say that getting a domain is a bit early, moreover when the website is not even ready, and this person may make a point. But my principal fear on the topic is the action-faking. I feared that if I sit a second and I investigate further, taking my time, I'll end doing nothing ..
On the plus point, I do get the lesson, but I prefered to start with a bang and get a lot of initial inertia to keep me focused.

For the next week I plan to have the website grossely designed, and my databe on pseudo-code (key words, etc). I'm also think on background mode on the logo, knowing that it has to vehicule the valors of the site.

Thank you for your time ! Any tips, feedback or comment are welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
Congrats on making progress.

On a critical point of view, someone would say that getting a domain is a bit early, moreover when the website is not even ready, and this person may make a point. But my principal fear on the topic is the action-faking.

I would indeed say, that it is too early to get a domain at this stage. I have done this couple of times as well. I bought a domain and when I finished the project I bought another one because the name was better. Or even more often, I used to buy a domain for a project which has never even get started.

Anyway domains are dirt cheap nowadays.

Hugo Del Portel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 15, 2020
Barcelona Spain
Hi everyone!

I've been busy lately, mostly because I realised I laked of specifics skills to go further with my project.
So, I've been sharpening web design skills, learning JS and even though I knew SGL it did not matched my need, so I've been working on MongoDB and Mongoose.

I realised now that yes, getting a domain and stuff like that was a bit too much too soon. Maybe it's because I needed to se tangeable results right now, or impatience, or something else.

Now my objective is to make work my MongoDB with the web app I'm working on.

I've learn to break down into littles steps that can be daily. I'm also figuring out how to take the best out of the Scrum method, even when working alone on the project.

I've also read a bunch of books on the topic of marjìketing, engineering, and entrepreneurship. I've liked theses two in paricular:
- 10 commendments for business failure
- Traction - how any startup can achieve explosive customer growth

I'll keep updating the topic when I'll get any advance or replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.