The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I saw something interesting today at work

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
As I drove to work today, I decided to do a little experiment and look at things differently.

As I drove to work at 7 am, I looked at the cars around me.

90% or so were nice cars. I only saw a few that were "old and rugged looking"

Keep in mind, my car is missing a bumper and a passenger window. People probably look at my car and think all kinds of bad things about me.

But then I thought for a second and remembered the math. 85% or so of these nice cars are financed. They are living in a consumption script that's lying to them.

If they are doing so well off with their nice car, then why the F*ck are they awake at 7 am traveling to a job they hate? They are a slave to the system just like I am. The shiny new car doesn't mean F*ck.

Well, I actually take that back. It does mean something. It means they have more debt and more responsibility than I do. It means they are more trapped than I am to the system.

These people probably drove past me in their nice new car and looked down on me.

But I actually felt bad for them.

My car is financed too. I had 34 payments on it and I make 15$/hr at my job. But I decided to start giving almost $2k a month to pay it off early. Just about all of my paycheck. It'll be paid in just a few months.

Then I'll be free and can use all of my money to achieve financial freedom so I'm not playing this F*cking game anymore. I hate going to work, I hate waking up at 6 am to get ready. I hate playing the office politics, I hate working to make some other person wealthy, I hate the fact that I have to be someones bitch or I'll get fired. It's not my company, its his. He put the work in and he built this company, I didn't do shit and he worked his a$$ off. He deserves the right to fire my a$$ and easily replace me if he wants to.

All my coworkers complain that they don't make enough. It pisses me the F*ck off. Like bitch shut up, this owner is a entrepreneur and he sacrificed so much to be able to call the shots. I respect the man. They act like they deserve a higher paycheck just for F*cking existing.

So after my morning commute, I eventually arrived to my workplace.

I decided to drive around the parking lot and look at the vehicles.

I know for a fact that 99% of the people here, including me, are making less than $20/hr.

But guess what I saw? A F*ck ton of nice new cars in the parking lot. I know they are all financed. 99% of the cars are brand new as F*ck. I saw a lot of expensive brands as I drove.

But it gets even better.

As I drove through the parking lot. I decied to go to the owners (of the whole business) spot. It has a sign on it reserving it so its easy to find.

Guess what I F*cking saw?

An old a$$ red Z71 that might be older than me.

I decided to do more investigating and I asked all the coworkers around me.

Guess what? He only owns 2 vehicles. An old a$$ Z71 and a old a$$ car his mother drove when she was alive.

I instantly gained so much more respect than I already had for that man.

If you've read MJ's books and you have entrepreneurship in your blood. I think you should just understand why he had those vehicles while his employees around him were driving Mercedes.

I don't think it needs explanation. You either get it or you don't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Why do you post in bold constantly? It's incredibly hard to read, you do this for almost every post it seems.

All my coworkers complain that they don't make enough. It pisses me the f*ck off. Like bitch shut up,

Why are you getting so angry that they complain about not making enough?

Good job for recognizing peoples financial habits and learning from it before you fall into that category. But acknowledging this doesn't make you "better" than your co-workers and from the way you worded your post you seem triggered.

I hate going to work, I hate waking up at 6 am to get ready. I hate playing the office politics, I hate working to make some other person wealthy, I hate the fact that I have to be someones bitch or I'll get fired.

I counted 5 "I hate's." Working a job doesn't mean you have to be someone else's "bitch." If you hate it so much, then build something of value instead of wasting your energy on long-winded posts like this one.

WaterWerks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
idk man, i lost you after your slave to the system sentence.
kind of a negative way to view it but i can sorta understand your point of view.

seems like you need to step away from the hate bubble and start seeing things differently. you're feeding this strong energy into new and old automobiles when in fact you should focus on the shit you hate and flip that into things you love.

i love waking up at 4am
i love going into work and dealing with the obstacles thrown my way.
and not to brag, but i have a pretty decent car.

change your perspective and you'll notice the difference

good luck sir

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Your post has such an air of superiority to it. You're not better than those people because you drive a shitty car (which you also make payments on and are indebted to - see the irony?)

Good for you for being angry about your situation and realizing it sucks, now go do something useful with that energy instead of putting down strangers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My car is financed too. I had 34 payments on it and I make 15$/hr at my job. But I decided to start giving almost $2k a month to pay it off early. Just about all of my paycheck. It'll be paid in just a few months.

Strong work! You have to start somewhere.

Why do you post in bold constantly?

I fixed it.

You either get it or you don't.

Once you see the system that frames the false reality, it's hard not to keep seeing it.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
the whole car thing is insane, my friend in nyc wanted a car for a long long time, he finally got 55k job and financed an Audi A4 or something like that, that shit costs him like 700 bucks a month, half insurance and half financing.

Now that we're planning to roomate this year, he is finally seriously considering selling it.
700 bucks!?!??!?! i couldn't believe it...
i mean i know the Subway system is terrible but still better than 700 bucks a month goddamn!!!!

even at 60k a year thats still a shitton of money for a car...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
As I drove to work today, I decided to do a little experiment and look at things differently.

Keep in mind, my car is missing a bumper and a passenger window. People probably look at my car and think all kinds of bad things about me.

But then I thought for a second and remembered the math. 85% or so of these nice cars are financed. They are living in a consumption script that's lying to them.

If they are doing so well off with their nice car, then why the f*ck are they awake at 7 am traveling to a job they hate? They are a slave to the system just like I am. The shiny new car doesn't mean f*ck.

Well, I actually take that back. It does mean something. It means they have more debt and more responsibility than I do. It means they are more trapped than I am to the system.

These people probably drove past me in their nice new car and looked down on me.

Then I'll be free and can use all of my money to achieve financial freedom so I'm not playing this f*cking game anymore. I hate going to work, I hate waking up at 6 am to get ready. I hate playing the office politics, I hate working to make some other person wealthy, I hate the fact that I have to be someones bitch or I'll get fired. It's not my company, its his. He put the work in and he built this company, I didn't do sh*t and he worked his a$$ off. He deserves the right to fire my a$$ and easily replace me if he wants to.

All my coworkers complain that they don't make enough. It pisses me the f*ck off. Like bitch shut up, this owner is a entrepreneur and he sacrificed so much to be able to call the shots. I respect the man. They act like they deserve a higher paycheck just for f*cking existing.

I know for a fact that 99% of the people here, including me, are making less than $20/hr.

But guess what I saw? A f*ck ton of nice new cars in the parking lot. I know they are all financed. 99% of the cars are brand new as f*ck. I saw a lot of expensive brands as I drove.

But it gets even better.

As I drove through the parking lot. I decied to go to the owners (of the whole business) spot. It has a sign on it reserving it so its easy to find.

Guess what I f*cking saw?

Guess what? He only owns 2 vehicles. An old a$$ Z71 and a old a$$ car his mother drove when she was alive.

If you've read MJ's books and you have entrepreneurship in your blood. I think you should just understand why he had those vehicles while his employees around him were driving Mercedes.

If they are doing so well off with their nice car, then why the f*ck are they awake at 7 am traveling to a job they hate? They are a slave to the system just like I am. The shiny new car doesn't mean f*ck.

Then I'll be free and can use all of my money to achieve financial freedom so I'm not playing this f*cking game anymore. I hate going to work, I hate waking up at 6 am to get ready. I hate playing the office politics, I hate working to make some other person wealthy, I hate the fact that I have to be someones bitch or I'll get fired. It's not my company, its his. He put the work in and he built this company, I didn't do sh*t and he worked his a$$ off. He deserves the right to fire my a$$ and easily replace me if he wants to.

All my coworkers complain that they don't make enough. It pisses me the f*ck off. Like bitch shut up, this owner is a entrepreneur and he sacrificed so much to be able to call the shots. I respect the man. They act like they deserve a higher paycheck just for f*cking existing.

But guess what I saw? A f*ck ton of nice new cars in the parking lot. I know they are all financed. 99% of the cars are brand new as f*ck. I saw a lot of expensive brands as I drove.

But it gets even better.

Post a picture of your car. How much is a passenger window?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Why do you post in bold constantly? It's incredibly hard to read, you do this for almost every post it seems.

Hey! At least it isn't "IN ALL CAPS, LIKE THIS!!!".

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
If you built a company in the future and had employees (a team) to help you, would you look down on them?

Dan

WaterWerks

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 25, 2018
NYC
the whole car thing is insane, my friend in nyc wanted a car for a long long time, he finally got 55k job and financed an Audi A4 or something like that, that sh*t costs him like 700 bucks a month, half insurance and half financing.

Now that we're planning to roomate this year, he is finally seriously considering selling it.
700 bucks!?!??!?! i couldn't believe it...
i mean i know the Subway system is terrible but still better than 700 bucks a month goddamn!!!!

even at 60k a year thats still a shitton of money for a car...

audi vehicles aren't cheap, plus having a vehicle financed or leased would require the buyer to have it under a full coverage policy.
some people would rather pay and be a bit more comfortable,

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016

Here are two pictures of my car @Vigilante. It's a 2010 Dodge Avenger.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I got a quote a few months ago and I believe it was about $298 or so to have it repaired. I could probably order the parts themselves and learn to fix it myself.

But the window isn't my top priority. I dislike having a broken window. But paying the car off and then using that freed up money to fund a business is a higher priority to me than the window. I just make sure to not leave anything inside the car that can be stolen while I work.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016

The images arent working on my side. But let me know if you can see them. If not, I'll find out how to repost them so they work

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Once you see the system that frames the false reality, it's hard not to keep seeing it.

It is very difficult. The more I read/understand from your books, the more I can't unsee what I see everyday.

Your books have so much value. Looking back years ago, I can't remember exactly what it was that caused me to find your first book and this forum.

But I'm very glad I did. Your books have had so much impact on how I view business and entrepreneurship. Thank you (and a certain few other individuals on this forum) for being a great mentor to me and countless others.

I constantly come back to this forum time and time again. It's the only forum I've consistently stayed apart of and enjoy being a member of.

I've come to learn that the reason I come back to this community so much, is because it's a community of value. This forum is valuable and not full of bullshit information designed to take people's money and make you rich. It's not perceived value, it's real value.

You mean what you say in your books. You're a real entrepreneur and your legacy is about creating real value for people. This forum is a living testament to that.

Thank you MJ and thank you to all of the individuals who give their time to help moderate and contribute to this community.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
If you built a company in the future and had employees (a team) to help you, would you look down on them?

Dan

No I wouldn't look down on them as people.

But I would look down on their shitty financial decisions that led them to where they are in life.

My anger isn't towards the people themselves, it's towards the scripted consumption lifestyle that people have been sold.

The thing is, my coworkers complain they don't make enough. But the truth is, our boss (the owner) pays us a lot more than the industry standards.

When I got hired on I asked for $12/hr, he said no and instead offered me $15/hr. (I'm actually writing another post about this right now that I'll post later.)

My coworkers look at the millions of dollars the owner makes and feel some entitlement to that. This is what disgust me.

The owner (and his family) have worked for longer than I've even been alive to build this company. They have built a great company that provides real value to people and that is why they deserve to be millionaires.

Even though my coworkers are paid more than they should be, they still perceive their hourly value to be far more than it really is.

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of people in society are. That is disgusting and it is one of the reasons people stay poor and trapped in a rat race.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Your post has such an air of superiority to it. You're not better than those people because you drive a shitty car (which you also make payments on and are indebted to - see the irony?)

Good for you for being angry about your situation and realizing it sucks, now go do something useful with that energy instead of putting down strangers.

You're missing my point (either that or my communication style needs improving)

I don't think I'm better than these people. The reason I pointed out that I'm also making payments was for that very reason.

I was also trapped in that same consumption lifestyle. The only difference is I've finally realized the lifestyle that 99% of us are trapped in and I'm working to escape it.

A lot of these people probably think they are better than me because they have some nice brand new Mercedes that they are paying years on. They think that is the American dream and that it brings happiness.

But that's a F*cking lie. It's the scripted mindset that we've all been brainwashed into believing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

But it gets even better.

I actually liked your post and I’ve noticed a similar trend. Rep++

The older I get the the less I feel the need to prove myself to people. Funny I drive a used Z71 Suburban. I paid cash and at 50k miles per year, I have run it to 190k miles in short order, yet I maintain it perfectly. I LOVE my truck.

The guys that work for me are all the hot car buyers.

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My tenants don't get it. A lot of times my tenants drive hot cars. We don't. Our older vehicles are good transportation and they are paid for.

I glad that you understand the connection between debt and less wiggle room in your life. Now take that understanding and apply it to other "stuff" that can have similar effect on your life. Most people around you have no idea where they spend their money.

As far as starting a business, you can start now.
1. Get a side gig & work more. Use the money to pay off your car faster.
2. Study everyday so you are ready when you can free up the $
3. Put your plan together so you can drop the hammer when it's time
5. Make the all important business contacts now -- for you future
6. Learn to compose your thought better -- practice your writing & speech

Good luck!

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Man... I would be pretty pissed off if I was paying monthly on that beat up Dodge Avenger.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You're missing my point (either that or my communication style needs improving)

I don't think I'm better than these people. The reason I pointed out that I'm also making payments was for that very reason.

I was also trapped in that same consumption lifestyle. The only difference is I've finally realized the lifestyle that 99% of us are trapped in and I'm working to escape it.

A lot of these people probably think they are better than me because they have some nice brand new Mercedes that they are paying years on. They think that is the American dream and that it brings happiness.

But that's a f*cking lie. It's the scripted mindset that we've all been brainwashed into believing.

You're right, admittedly I skimmed because I really hate long-winded "the world sucks, look at these sheep, I'm somehow better than them because I'm fastlane even though I'm not successful yet" type posts.

Mostly because I used to unintentionally catch myself looking down on people like I was better than them for that. People are people and just because they want to keep up with the joneses' doesn't mean they're "less than".

Lucious

Lucious
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Oct 13, 2016
Australia
I drove around for 4 years with broken aircon and driver side window (was stuck closed). Couldnt even feel some breeze on a hot day.. Was like being trapped in a sauna....

Why ....

Because I was saving up for a depsoit on my second property in sydney and also managed to save up for a 3 month holiday. The cars total value was low as well.

I was so use to being uncomfortable in that car it ended feeling like the norm.

Actually the only reason i fixed the aircon was for my recent girlfriend. Was feeling bad for her.

Freedom at that point meant more to me than being comfortable in my car.

I wish you all the best. Dont worry about being judged..

G

Guest24480

This is my favorite past time in the morning. Analyzing all the cars I'm sitting next to in traffic and wondering how many people can actually afford them. It's the only thing that makes the commute bearable for me, barring business podcasts.

G

Guest92dX

Even though my coworkers are paid more than they should be, they still perceive their hourly value to be far more than it really is.

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of people in society are. That is disgusting and it is one of the reasons people stay poor and trapped in a rat race.

Seriously?

You really don't understand as much as you think you do.

You're just being egotistical and sound immature.

In retail, the value of an $8/hr employee is like $45/hr output at minimum.

A $15 - $20 an employee has output of $75 - $200/hr.

$200k/yr coders put out less value by ratio and headcount than the average salaried person. Some of the "best" estimates on high salary production put the value at $1M, a 5x ratio. It's literally closer to 2x or 1.5x, which is why a lot of companies don't have complete IT departments. The costs aren't worth custom over turn a key here you go.

The only reason they are paid more is because they do critical back office stuff so infrastructure doesn't go down.

Other "less skilled" positions are literally like 7x or 10x returns.

An $8 an hour employee does jobs worth $80/hr occasionally and most times $1 or $5/hr

A $20/hr employee does jobs worth $250/hr occasionally and most times $5 or $10/hr.

A $75/hr employee does jobs worth $1k per hour occasionally and most times $20 or $50/hr.

An owner, hires you to take away his $8, $10, $20, $50, $500 per hour jobs so he can focus on activities earning $1k or $5k per hour.

He hires you to help EVERYONE make more.

Quit looking down on people. Everyone has value.

I can point you to 80/20 marketing, list examples, or show you metrics on revenue per employee for public companies if you disagree.

How do you think a business makes money?

They really are worth more.

That is why some people focus on growing with an organization because they'll get huge relative pay boosts by moving up when the organization grows.

You just can't pay someone $250/hr if they only do that $250/hr or $100/hr job for 20 hours out of the month.

The owner pays you slightly above market rates because understands that everyone has value.

The only thing you've demonstrated in all your rants is that you don't value people. I sincerely hope you do some soul searching before you hire anyone, if anyone will work for the business you build.

For your own sake.

Edit: also few people to no one is actually looking down on you. They are too busy with their own life.

You have a wildly irrational perception of the world. You don't have secret mystical people looking down on you. They might actually be concerned for you and supporting you.

There are no haters dude. You need an internal shift.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Yup.

Some folks trade life for a car.

Some folks live free by trading other folks’ lives for money for a car.

The goal is to be happy with whichever side you’re on.

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
I believe most of us are wired to think in terms of money, instead of terms of time.

Before buying anything, I think about if I really need it, if it's going to help me buy my freedom and how much time do I have to sacrifice... After a short while you start realizing that some fancy clothes (maybe let's just say expensive, because you can dress well without spending all of your gold) and a couple of nice dinners might cost a month of your life... 30 days of your valuable life!

Some people work for 2 months in exchange of a week holiday... If you think about it it's insane. Worst deal ever.

I see it on some of my friends, and I almost always find the ingrained belief that you need to hold a regular job until you retire... Because... Well; because.

A book that has really resonated with me is "Start with why" by Simon Sinek, you start asking yourself why you do the things you do and your life changes.

Funny enough, I've taken a corporate job that I would like to keep for a year or two, but I'm learning a lot from it, and I know why I go there every morning and put the extra time and effort without anyone asking me to do it. My internal compass is all I care about, you have to care about yours and forget about the rest. Everyone is going in a different direction, and people that don't set their own destination are guided by the shepherd.

I'm digressing already; worry about where you are going, and forget about the rest.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
You have amazing passion and energy. Use it constructively.

Have compassion for others that might not be fortunate enough / have the courage to find a way out.

Unscripted is tough, if you have a family it can feel almost impossible. A lot of people are doing what they think they have to do because the script is strong.

I feel deep sorrow for parents working low pay jobs, doing what they think is best to keep their kids fed & happy. It must be achingly difficult.

Sometimes stretching yourself to a half decent, financed car is the only thing that makes you feel it’s worth it. It also gives them pride, humans crave this.

I get where you’re coming from. I LOVE analysing what others are spending on stuff I deem irrelevant. BUT they’re not worse, stupid etc, that’s their reality. You are fortunate you have the tools and time to make your reality incredible.

You obviously have a gift in your vision and determination. Use it but be compassionate. You may be a leader if these people one day...

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I actually liked your post and I’ve noticed a similar trend. Rep++

The older I get the the less I feel the need to prove myself to people. Funny I drive a used Z71 Suburban. I paid cash and at 50k miles per year, I have run it to 190k miles in short order, yet I maintain it perfectly. I LOVE my truck.

The guys that work for me are all the hot car buyers.
I have a 2002 Tahoe with 245k on the clock. I paid $3700 for it 5 years ago and it has asked very little of me. I will never get rid of this truck.

That being said I maintain it religiously. I like to take care of my stuff. After all I paid $3700 for it!

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Good for you! Getting angry at the system and realization is one of the first steps. Take this epiphany and do something with it.
Good Luck!

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Interesting how often the less money people make, the nicer the car (and bigger the payment is).

In my slowlane job, the top 3 positions in our organization of 175 people are mine, the Administrator, and the Facilities Engineer. The three of us drive a ‘97 Dodge Ram, a 2001 Toyota 4 runner, and a 2005 Honda Odyssey, respectively. Salaries range from barely above minimum wage for entry level custodial positions, to around 150K/year for the top dog.

Amongst our lowest earning employees, there are several Escalades and full size SUV’s that aren’t more than a couple years old, a brand new beautiful grey Dodge Challenger that is lowered, a couple of newer Audi’s, a few newish BMW’s and a newer Mercedes convertible.

For the most part, everybody is happy.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Interesting how often the less money people make, the nicer the car (and bigger the payment is).

In my slowlane job, the top 3 positions in our organization of 175 people are mine, the Administrator, and the Facilities Engineer. The three of us drive a ‘97 Dodge Ram, a 2001 Toyota 4 runner, and a 2005 Honda Odyssey, respectively. Salaries range from barely above minimum wage for entry level custodial positions, to around 150K/year for the top dog.

Amongst our lowest earning employees, there are several Escalades and full size SUV’s that aren’t more than a couple years old, a brand new beautiful grey Dodge Challenger that is lowered, a couple of newer Audi’s, a few newish BMW’s and a newer Mercedes convertible.

For the most part, everybody is happy.
I worked for a retail hardware store after high school. The parent company of the store was a real estate development company, both commercial and residential.

The owner is worth high 9-figures.

Until recently he owned a crappy small SUV with a dinky bike rack on the back. He had it for at least 10 years. Now he owns a low-end Japanese 'luxury' hybrid.

Plenty of the construction guys working for him have fully loaded Ford and Chevy pickups, probably leased @ $65,000.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.