The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I quit my Job

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
Love it dude. Im using YOIST for Wordpress which is a plugin, it seems to be a good pick based on reviews and ive seen my site get to the first page of google as well. check it out if you'd like :) davidwizman.com
Thank you for your feedback. I've heard of yoist before. Just through using YOIST you've managed to get on the first page of google?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest24480

That is one issue I run into with this industry. How do you set up recurring business with pressure washing. It's the sort of thing you only need to do once every 6 months - a year, any ideas?? Also began to throw window cleaning into the mix to get some sort of recurring business but have not had any luck selling that yet.
Was going to suggest snow removal due to the polar seasonality but then saw your location

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
That is one issue I run into with this industry. How do you set up recurring business with pressure washing. It's the sort of thing you only need to do once every 6 months - a year, any ideas?? Also began to throw window cleaning into the mix to get some sort of recurring business but have not had any luck selling that yet.

The market doesn't want it. They won't sign up for recurring services (for the most part)

Which means your schedule is more random, customers cause more problems because each person is a new customer so you can't know who's a problem customer yet, each job is new so employees will make more mistakes, etc.

This means to compensate for these problems, you need to charge a high hourly rate. Its a formula. You have a bunch of predetermined constants, and different variables are being added to, subtracted from, and multiplied by different variables.

Do you hire skilled workers or cheap workers?
Depends on how it affects your bottom line considering all factors and how your business is set up, based on what the market says you should do.

Do you offer x services or y services?
Same thing.

A little about my lawn care company.

There's enough demand in this industry. Customers will always say "It's hard to even find someone who will call us back!" The problem is profitability and scalability. I can get away with setting up my business the following way and still filling up the schedule.

1. contracts only
2. for 12 months at a time, paid each month, even in the winter
3. only simple services on a simple plan on a regular schedule
4. high prices
5. hiring cheap labor
6. low supervision
7. not focusing on quality whatsoever, replacing people who complain

Our reviews are still something like 4.6/5 and we have the phone ringing.

I only get away with it because I pay attention to the market. I don't believe in feel good advice like "just do a good job and you'll succeed" or "pay your employees well and they'll take care of you". I look with my own two eyes at what's going on in the market and realized this would be the best way to set up my business, maintain profitability, maintain scalability, and actually enjoy running it.

If it was hard to acquire lawn care customers and my ads stopped working, it would suddenly become worth it to change our terms to increase our closing ratio for customers. Nobody signing up? I guess we'll start taking on different types of jobs, driving further, or whatever is the least costliest, most effective way to capture more customer sign ups.

Don't set up recurring services. Do it once. Make them all pay upfront with ACH payments, charge high prices, send people home if there's no work, and automate the hell out of it, rinse and repeat.

also, the article linked in the response before mine is very good.

Last edited:

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
hi guys,

For those who don't know: I'm 21 and have started a pressure washing business in September.

I put my 2 weeks notice in at my day job. I work at a store called Fastenal.
I have now redirected my focus on my pressure washing business. Last month I made about $2,800 strictly from pressure washing. This was my queue to make the leap, I was only making $12/hour so it wasn't that big of a leap.

My next steps are SEO for my website and trying to get into the commercial side of things, or try and find another way to reach more homeowners.
Here's my website: Home - Wash Warriors feel free to check it out. Any tips/advice on SEO, marketing, or my web design would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
hey boss check this video out ... he dose a good job explaining how to create good websites
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGHBIfoGpfw

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
The market doesn't want it. They won't sign up for recurring services (for the most part)

Which means your schedule is more random, customers cause more problems because each person is a new customer so you can't know who's a problem customer yet, each job is new so employees will make more mistakes, etc.

This means to compensate for these problems, you need to charge a high hourly rate. Its a formula. You have a bunch of predetermined constants, and different variables are being added to, subtracted from, and multiplied by different variables.

Do you hire skilled workers or cheap workers?
Depends on how it affects your bottom line considering all factors and how your business is set up, based on what the market says you should do.

Do you offer x services or y services?
Same thing.

A little about my lawn care company.

There's enough demand in this industry. Customers will always say "It's hard to even find someone who will call us back!" The problem is profitability and scalability. I can get away with setting up my business the following way and still filling up the schedule.

1. contracts only
2. for 12 months at a time, paid each month, even in the winter
3. only simple services on a simple plan on a regular schedule
4. high prices
5. hiring cheap labor
6. low supervision
7. not focusing on quality whatsoever, replacing people who complain

Our reviews are still something like 4.6/5 and we have the phone ringing.

I only get away with it because I pay attention to the market. I don't believe in feel good advice like "just do a good job and you'll succeed" or "pay your employees well and they'll take care of you". I look with my own two eyes at what's going on in the market and realized this would be the best way to set up my business, maintain profitability, maintain scalability, and actually enjoy running it.

If it was hard to acquire lawn care customers and my ads stopped working, it would suddenly become worth it to change our terms to increase our closing ratio for customers. Nobody signing up? I guess we'll start taking on different types of jobs, driving further, or whatever is the least costliest, most effective way to capture more customer sign ups.

Don't set up recurring services. Do it once. Make them all pay upfront with ACH payments, charge high prices, send people home if there's no work, and automate the hell out of it, rinse and repeat.

also, the article linked in the response before mine is very good.
Interesting insight, why would you not want recurring services though? Lawn care seems like more of a demand with people more likely to do recurring service as grass grows a lot faster than the mold on someone's driveway.

w1zman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I've heard of yoist before. Just through using YOIST you've managed to get on the first page of google?
Well that and a bunch of other things- optimizing my site, improving its traffic, creating content for the site (blogs and such) so its a constant work in progress. I'm not tracking it too heavily but I noticed my "ranking" went up from when I first started so I guess im doing something right

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.