The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I quit my job and now I'm making my living playing [cheating] online poker

Vomitory

BANNED
Mar 6, 2022
When the lock downs begun I was working in sales. You know the deal - minimal wage plus a commission, but since there were so few customers I was not making enough money to cover my basic expenses.

My anxiety went trough the roof and at one point I thought, I would have to move back with my parents. Not that it's the worst thing on the planet, but if you are a guy in his 20s living mommy and daddy is not a dream situation.

At that time all I did is complained about my situation, which didn't exactly make me very popular with other people.

However a friend took pity on me and invited me to join a team play poker chat room he was in. I told him that I don't even know how to play poker, but he convinced me to give it a try. Team play is when couple of people sit on a table and share with each other what cards they have, and they play as a team against the rest of the players on the table.

I was doing pretty well, but the summer came and many of the restrictions got lifted and my regular job picked up. Standing on your feet 8 hours a day trying to sell a person something that they probably don't want and most likely don't need is a joyless existence. On top of that I started making more money from the poker than my ""real"" job. So last October I decided to quit and just play poker.

To be honest I've never been more happy in my life. I feel free and in control for the first time. I just wanted to vent a little and share my experience(maybe brag a little).

If you have any questions leave them in the comments bellow and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PseudoBobSmith

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 8, 2020
New York
When the lock downs begun I was working in sales. You know the deal - minimal wage plus a commission, but since there were so few customers I was not making enough money to cover my basic expenses.

My anxiety went trough the roof and at one point I thought, I would have to move back with my parents. Not that it's the worst thing on the planet, but if you are a guy in his 20s living mommy and daddy is not a dream situation.

At that time all I did is complained about my situation, which didn't exactly make me very popular with other people.

However a friend took pity on me and invited me to join a team play poker chat room he was in. I told him that I don't even know how to play poker, but he convinced me to give it a try. Team play is when couple of people sit on a table and share with each other what cards they have, and they play as a team against the rest of the players on the table.

I was doing pretty well, but the summer came and many of the restrictions got lifted and my regular job picked up. Standing on your feet 8 hours a day trying to sell a person something that they probably don't want and most likely don't need is a joyless existence. On top of that I started making more money from the poker than my ""real"" job. So last October I decided to quit and just play poker.

To be honest I've never been more happy in my life. I feel free and in control for the first time. I just wanted to vent a little and share my experience(maybe brag a little).

If you have any questions leave them in the comments bellow and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.
Do you mind sharing the play poker chat room? And what site you play on?

Xpo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 30, 2021
Israel
I mean it's kind of gambling and not the most moralistic thing to do.
You are kind of cheating people and making them lose money although they don't know they were "cheated" by a team-play.

Don't know man, there are plenty of other ways to earn money- even if you're frustrated and exhausted- earning money by kind of "cheating" other people should never be an option in my opinion..

• Banned

Vomitory

BANNED
Mar 6, 2022
I mean it's kind of gambling and not the most moralistic thing to do.
You are kind of cheating people and making them lose money although they don't know they were "cheated" by a team-play.

Don't know man, there are plenty of other ways to earn money- even if you're frustrated and exhausted- earning money by kind of "cheating" other people should never be an option in my opinion..
Life is the biggest cheater of them all. Plus if you are on a gambling site you have money to spare. In the long run 90% of players WILL lose, I just want to make sure i'm in the other 10%

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Team play is when couple of people sit on a table and share with each other what cards they have, and they play as a team against the rest of the players on the table.

So you're cheating? What a great first post and introduction to the community.

Xpo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Sep 30, 2021
Israel
Life is the biggest cheater of them all. Plus if you are on a gambling site you have money to spare. In the long run 90% of players WILL lose, I just want to make sure i'm in the other 10%
So thats your excuse, really? Listen man, you are just bullshitting yourself into thinking its OK because thats the easy thing to do.

There will always be scammers and cheaters, but its not an excuse to join them. NOT AT ALL.
Stop being a crybaby and go hustle at a normal job, build your own business. Believe me you will feel way better and way more satisfied than cheating other people.
And how are you so sure that you only cheated people who "have some money to spend" (although its STILL not OK at all)
You might've stole someone's ability to pay rent just because you were lazy. Im sure you are not a bad person, but just stop with it, the world is already full of scums dont help them reproduce.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, just so we're clear. If you're cheating people and calling it "making a living" you're lying to yourself, and quite frankly, no better than a common thief.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Team play is when couple of people sit on a table and share with each other what cards they have, and they play as a team against the rest of the players on the table.
It’s called collusion. Lol So basically you aren’t very good at poker.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Bragging about scamming people?! Truth is, most of us could make a lot of money doing this, but guess what, we have morals. We make money by providing VALUE.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Some humans are just worthless…

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
By engaging in immoral or unethical behavior you hurt yourself.

Immoral is anything that inhibits, obstructs or is contrary to the maximization of utility, potential or actualization of the person. If you lie to youself you will never see the truth in yourself. Which hurts others as well.

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Maybe the truth is what he needs to hear to make a meaningful change and he'll be glad that everyone here told him what they think.

But it sounds like you're afraid of hard work so maybe there's no hope for you....

No.1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Nov 14, 2020

Copypasta spotted...

What do you guys think his plan could be? To fool y'all to join the team and then the team will scam the people that fell for it or sum? Hmm... Not to smart move IMO if you post the same bs in different forums around the same days with the verbatim phrases.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My initial thought was that he was pushing a new online poker site.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Copypasta spotted...

What do you guys think his plan could be? To fool y'all to join the team and then the team will scam the people that fell for it or sum? Hmm... Not to smart move IMO if you post the same bs in different forums around the same days with the verbatim phrases.

He linked to a Skype group with a password “if you want to join him” in his thievery. I deleted it, so perhaps it was part of some grander plan.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It wouldn’t be too hard to scam someone if the plan involved them having to share their cards with the ops team in a game of poker

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
It wouldn’t be too hard to scam someone if the plan involved them having to share their cards with the ops team in a game of poker
Even that would be hard. Most platforms have 30sec/1 minute timers.

It can work, but not to that exent.

I made some money playing poker, not by actually winning, but by not losing.
That way, the rake was converted into points and the points in money.

OP should feel ashamed. Why isn’t he banned? :blush:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007