The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I published my children's book....so know I'm thinking

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Originally I was making this book for my son and for fun. Not thinking of making any real money but know I am thinking that the character is pretty brand-able and I am thinking of turning it into a series and maybe more. I can picture the character on kids tee shirts. My question is do I write to publishing agents to get feedback and see if they are interested in representing me? The store is on Barnes and Noble and Amazon for now. It's called " The Ninja Bread man" if you want to take a look.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
looks like ninjabread man is a video game. I'd check the trademark if you haven't yet

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
"but know I am thinking that the character is pretty brand-able and I am thinking of turning it into a series and maybe more. I can picture the character on kids tee shirts."

Seems pretty weak to me as an argument for starting a business (virtually any character is pretty brand-able and you can picture it on a kids t-shirt, you just need a little imagination).

Getting an agent to represent you is a step in the right direction i would say, it means at least someone from the industry validated your idea and the story of the character and has some faith that it could work. That is, unless you have great digital sales or you think you can get it directly to market, in which case, skip the whole agent thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
If you have big aspirations for this effort then you should do the due diligence now.

:sigh:You don't want to wait until you have built it into a million dollar entity and then have to fend off lawyers because you did not do the right thing before building. Be sure you can build what you are trying to build, on the foundation and location that you are trying to build it on. It may be a case of you building on sand, but you won't know until the storm comes.

Do it right.

Originally I was making this book for my son and for fun. Not thinking of making any real money but know I am thinking that the character is pretty brand-able and I am thinking of turning it into a series and maybe more. I can picture the character on kids tee shirts. My question is do I write to publishing agents to get feedback and see if they are interested in representing me? The store is on Barnes and Noble and Amazon for now. It's called " The Ninja Bread man" if you want to take a look.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Luckily I don't have any aspirations for this project since it was not a goal in the first place. I will reach out to some agents to see if anybody likes the idea. If nothing becomes of it that's fine since it was really just an exercise to keep my mind busy until my next real project. We'll see what happens.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.