The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I overcame depression & found love

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
What this is:
Read. Time...........00:02:12
Paragraphs......................7
Sentences......................44
Words...........................554

Here I include my actions and thoughts which changed my mindset and helped me overcome my depression.

My issues stem from my childhood and my relationship with money, status and sex. I got used for sex and had a consensual sexual partner at the age of 5. It affected how I thought about life for years to come. On this day I'm 23 years old and my emptiness is gone; I have found purpose in life. I overcame depression when I used a psychedelic and phenibut in combination. While experiencing what psychologists call ego death, I asked myself how to be a great parent and what I wished my parents taught me as a child. What I dislike about growing up is, as children, we look up to adults for guidance and explanations. We need to know why anything is the way it is and everything needs to make sense. In reflection, I realize adults are just larger more experienced children.

I see that everyone has insecurities and these insecurities control their lives. We distract ourselves from these insecurities with activities. These include entertainment like TV, food, sex, video games, work, etc. Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with distractions. That is how we pass the time, and we all have time. What is bad about insecurities is they create anxiety. It is this lack of comfort (anxiety) that causes people to harm others. When we think about what creates comfort we do whatever we can to get it.

Everyone wants to feel comfortable―it is the reason we spend money on anything. Money allows us to create comfort. This is why all sales come from emotion. I spent years playing video games to pass the time and distract myself. This taught me how video games work, and to this day I use the relocatable skills in real life (not a total loss). Now days I enjoy being intimate with my closest friends/mentors and my significant other.

I find that a majority of society tends to be negative. People are afraid to see others succeed because of their insecurities. The Germans called this schadenfreude, a pleasure felt by others’ misfortunes. People tend to hide their true feelings. This is because society imposes emotional expectations that scare people from sharing. I believe mainstream religions have a respectable moral compass. The stories they share draw people to them when it feels ethogenic. Their adoption keeps people together when we are unsure that we can trust each other.

My cure to depression is my new found faith in humanity. In this moment I feel immense joy and fulfillment whenever I help another human. I use the word "human" because I see everyone as intelligent animals. We interact with the world how ever we can to gain leverage. People want leverage because control gives them comfort. I wish to help people achieve fulfillment and comfort.

It is the duty of a parent to prepare children for life in this world. I now feel fully prepared that I have found love and have accepted the truths written in this passage. This love is acceptance of another person and everything she represent. Her past, present and future. Once I accepted love, I achieved self-actualization, as explained in Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. I hope everyone achieves self-actualization and overcomes depression.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JohnZ123

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 23, 2014
Your struggles are far harsher than most people experienced. I hope you find success :)

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Your struggles are far harsher than most people experienced. I hope you find success :)
Thank you John, I don't go into details but I'm starting from nothing. I have my great reputation and credit score to show for my choices that's all.

On track to become NASM certified within 3 months I plan to publish a site to help track my clients and setup my calendar for training sessions. Automation should make it easy to expand in the beginning. From there I'll see if I want to be private contract or partner with a gym short term.

The future is up in the air ATM I'm facing felony charges for possession which brought me to this level of clarify in life. I'm upset about drug laws but I understand why they exist in our society because we cannot trust everyone to be responsible with them.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Love and solice in life can only be found in you. Don't let anyone or anything rob you of the warmth of those feeling.

You had an amazingly rough journey this far, and some other I know have as well. The past gives Slowlanders a reason to give excuses for failure and underachieving. Don't let that happen!

Welcome! I am so sorry you went through what you did, but don't let it sabbatoge your desires of ambitions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Love and solice in life can only be found in you. Don't let anyone or anything rob you of the warmth of those feeling.

You had an amazingly rough journey this far, and some other I know have as well. The past gives Slowlanders a reason to give excuses for failure and underachieving. Don't let that happen!

Welcome! I am so sorry you went through what you did, but don't let it sabbatoge your desires of ambitions. I look forward to seeing you around!
I'm glad I went through these events in life it gives me the very brightest outlook and a mental toughness that is insane. I lived in fear for many years but now I'm not afraid of anything death included. This freedom is what I needed to ask tough questions and find solutions to the worlds problems. I no longer care about money or status I want to make systems that help people starting with their basic needs.

Of course I'll need money to make systems large enough to help many people and that will require profit but not greedy profit. That is the reason I got into trouble.

Last edited:

HyperFocus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 4, 2016
Amsterdam
I notice you want to explain everything. You seem like a smart guy but its better to relax more.

I suggest you start doing

Mindfulness meditation, will be perfect for you.

The reason for doing it is to control your thoughts. I have a friend who started doing it and it helped him a lot.
I only do focus meditation because I never have annoying thoughts that keep coming up, but I know the importance of it.

On topic: awesome work!! Good luck with your work upcoming months

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Thank you Hyper I will begin studying mindfulness meditation now. The obstacles I face overcoming the medical field are daunting this will help.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Nice to see you've overcome your obstacles. I don't have the same story, but one with my own tribulations, triumphs, and overcoming tragedy. I think perhaps sometimes those who go through these types of things happen to make the biggest difference in the world because they see things from different angles and perceptions. :)

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Update to my current status I'm in a larger town with ~100k population and it is a change from small town living. Working commission sales job to gain some insight into providing real value to customers. It has given me good ideas to execute, although I'm currently facing some homelessness which was quite stressful at first but it has given me greater resolve. Thick skinned to put it another way.

Think broke college student diet sleeping in your car, grooming and bathing at the gym, bumming Wifi to finish coursework and write for your site.
This is how you obtain strong focus on what matters to you. When you have almost nothing to lose you get creative and bold real quick.

The Obstacle is the Way is a great book for adopting such a determined mindset.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
You're unique on the forum, as most of our posters have overcome love and found depression

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.