The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just left my girlfriend of 3 years, for business. Am I a selfish prick?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"Women will make you lose money.

Can't believe I'm reading this here on a forum that likes to practice itself in personal responsibility and accountability for one's choices...

In other words, you think with your balls and not with your head.

Quit playing victim and blaming women for your poor choices.

Women don't MAKE you do anything, you're lack of self-control and critical decision making ability MAKES you do things...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
There is a lot of middle ground between the grotesque, destroyer of women, that feminism is today and your quote above.

I'm inclined to agree with @Richard Espinosa that the feminist indoctrination of young men is pretty sickening.

What the hell us wrong with a woman that cooks?
Agreed.

Here’s how I see it. If a woman wants to be ‘feminine,’ she can be feminine. If a man wants to be masculine, he can be masculine. If a woman want’s to pursue a career traditionally seen as masculine, go for it. We have plenty of women entrepreneurs (a position traditionally seen as masculine) on this forum. And if a man wants to be a nurse, then live and let live. But don’t knock those who want to play into their traditional gender stereotypes.

The shit gets out of control. I had an ex girlfriend who really wanted to study sociology. She loved sociology. But she ripped her hair out daily studying engineering instead. Why? Because some feminist professor drilled in her head that she shouldn’t go for positions like sociology because it just furthered the notion that women have certain places in society and she should go after the ‘higher quality position.’ The irony is, who are you to define traditionally feminine positions as ‘lower quality’... sounds to me like you’re the sexist. “Teacher” is an amazing position for someone who wants to be a teacher. “Mom” is an amazing position for someone who wants to be one.

I feel like that’s part of the unscripting thing. It’s not “X is better than Y” it’s “build a life that YOU want."

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Can't believe I'm reading this here on a forum that likes to practice itself in personal responsibility and accountability for one's choices...

In other words, you think with your balls and not with your head.

Women don't MAKE you do anything, you're lack of self-control and critical decision making ability MAKES you do things...

With all due respect, I fully agree with the above, but seems I'm interpreting the lines differently from you guys (especially the first line is not meant to be taken literally). D
It's more of encouraging the newbie entrepreneur not to bother too much with women in the beginning and concentrate on his hustle/business first.

In a way, the first line is not wrong:

"Women make you lose money" = True. Movie $, food $, dating activities $. Even if you go dutch, you're still losing money when dating women (unless the woman pays for everything on a date but I find it kinda shameful for a guy to let her do that). All these $ could have been re-invested back in growing the biz.

Just in case of any misunderstanding : I fully support equal rights for both genders but do not agree with neo/radical feminism.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
With all due respect, I fully agree with the above, but seems I'm interpreting the lines differently from you guys (especially the first line is not meant to be taken literally). D
It's more of encouraging the newbie entrepreneur not to bother too much with women in the beginning and concentrate on his hustle/business first.

In a way, the first line is not wrong:

"Women make you lose money" = True. Movie $, food $, dating activities $. Even if you go dutch, you're still losing money when dating women (unless the woman pays for everything on a date but I find it kinda shameful for a guy to let her do that). All these $ could have been re-invested back in growing the biz.

Just in case of any misunderstanding : I fully support equal rights for both genders but do not agree with neo/radical feminism.

I would say that is wrong to be honest saying woman make you lose money, a date can be a simple walk in the parkit doesnt have to involve money and even if it did whos to say you have to pay? even if you did how is it losing money,it is an experience shared, its a poor way to look at it to be honest i goon plenty of dates where sometimes i pay sometimes they pay its not a big deal.

A woman will only take you for a ride if you let her and again that comes down to your own poor decision making.

A date doesnt have to be some expensive venture, if it is your investing way to much on someone you dont even know.

You also say you support equal rights but at the same time say a guy should always pay.... im all for equal rights thats why i dont care if they pay after all equal is F*cking equal.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
"Women will make you lose money. Money will not make you lose women".
I get what he’s saying. If you focus on random girls it will distract and trip you up. I don’t think he’s implying that women are bad.

“I keep my head, both of them, where they’re supposed to be” - Jay-Z

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Sadly for me I couldn't keep my relationship in the process of becoming a better person.

You did her a favor. Males must first learn to care for themselves. Then, they become stronger and can take care of a family. If you can't do that, let someone that can do it. Women want a strong man and a secure relationship. If you can't provide that now, that's okay. Maybe someday you can, but until then, do whatever you can to help yourself grow and mature. But don't blame women for what you can't provide. I assure you that their fathers and brothers want them to have a strong man. You'll understand that if and when you have a daughter someday.

Of course, everyone makes poor choices. No shame in that. Just "man up" and make the most of it.

Why is it that most females are attracted to the strong confident type that don't blame women for their misfortunes? Ask a few.

Even if you go dutch, you're still losing money when dating women (unless the woman pays for everything on a date but I find it kinda shameful for a guy to let her do that). All these $ could have been re-invested back in growing the biz.

Or, do it all. Date/marry a beautiful woman. Be successful. Be happy. Be envied. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Wow, just wow. My fiancee just dumped me yesterday so I have insomnia and I'm feeling down right now. However starting back in January I decided to educate myself better and started reading a lot of books.

If I take all the pain and grief away from my current situation I feel kind of identified with a lot of users who have replied here. At the end what matters the most is the ability to pursue our own dreams and goals. Sadly for me I couldn't keep my relationship in the process of becoming a better person.

Behind all the bad feelings and loneliness I feel the burning desire to become what I've always dreamed. It's nice to see that other guys feel the same way.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
Should have ended it first! All good though, maybe you didn't see the signs.

Work on yourself first. Level up. Get shit done.

Once you get the attention of another pretty girl, you'll forget allllll about the last pretty girl almost instantaneously.. trust me.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
I remember you talked about this at the meeting late last year man, are you the guy that I gave a ride home?

You made the right choice man! Put in the work for 10 years, and you will be able to have any girl you want.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I remember you talked about this at the meeting late last year man, are you the guy that I gave a ride home?

You made the right choice man! Put in the work for 10 years, and you will be able to have any girl you want.

I'd argue it's better to find someone better for you BEFORE you have money. Someone that understands the sacrifice.

Changed that for you:
You made the right choice man! Put in the work for 10 years, and you will be able to have any GOLDDIGGER you want.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
I'd argue it's better to find someone better for you BEFORE you have money. Someone that understands the sacrifice.

Changed that for you:
Not necessarily true about the gold digger thing. If you're experienced, you'll see it, you'll know it.

Besides, to attract a gold digger - don't you gotta shower them with materialistic shit? You'll never see that from me, sorry. Only rich betas indulge in that form of seduction.

No, as a 30 year old single man, you're a man with experience, a man who has matured and has confidence in himself, a man who has value, a man with security, a man with options. A man who won't take shit, a man who has learned what he wants and what is a quality woman. A man that women WANT.

It's really not all about the money.

Also, the whole "marry early" thing wouldn't work out for me. If I marry later on, she's not going to be my age or near it. Haters pile on, I really don't care. That's my honest preference.

Last edited:

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015

Yes, that's me haha. I really feel I've transformed this past year it's amazing.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Even if you go dutch, you're still losing money when dating women (unless the woman pays for everything on a date but I find it kinda shameful for a guy to let her do that). All these $ could have been re-invested back in growing the biz.

All I gotta say is.. if you're spending money on a woman you've never met before, you're doing it wrong.

My dates are usually free to minimal cost. And if there's money involved, they pay for their side. Nothing shameful about it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
All I gotta say is.. if you're spending money on a woman you've never met before, you're doing it wrong.

My dates are usually free to minimal cost. And if there's money involved, they pay for their side. Nothing shameful about it.

Lol! Good luck with that.

My fellow men, for the love of God, pay for dinner at a halfway decent place if you are on a first date. Pull her chair out for her, open doors for her, walk her to her car.

There is a difference between paying for a dinner, and peacocking with a Lamborghini. For crying out loud.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015

My fellow men, for the love of God, pay for dinner at a halfway decent place if you are on a first date. Pull her chair out for her, open doors for her, walk her to her car.

There is a difference between paying for a dinner, and peacocking with a Lamborghini. For crying out loud.
Ah yes.. the tried and true advice. Of a sucker.

Tell that to the guys who have girls drooling over them over a walk in the park and a pack of skittles.

First date to a halfway decent restaurant AND pay for it all?? What am I, a saint? I got businesses to build. One of those "first dates" every week and I'm down big time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Tell that to the guys who have girls drooling over them over a walk in the park and a pack of skittles.

First date to a halfway decent restaurant AND pay for it all?? What am I, a saint? I got businesses to build. One of those "first dates" every week and I'm down big time.

Yep, a sucker with a hot wife that supports everything I do. That understands business. That never questions my intentions.

I’m not surprised there’s a new one every week, every damn one of them thinks you are a complete loser.

Ironically, for all of your hating on feminism, making them pay for a date is feminist.

Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

I don't agree with dinner as a first date. lol

Just take her to coffee then a hike in the park. Bowling is a good one too.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

If you don’t make enough money to take a woman out to eat once a week... you need a...

J O B.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I always pay for the 1st and 2nd date. But it would bother me if they never offered to pay for drinks later, the tip or dessert after the 2nd date. This was a few years ago.

But now, I don't care, I pay for every date, the first date could be a $250 meal and I don't give a sh!t. You know why? Because I pick a place that I want to eat at. The price of the meal or date (I've gone to an NBA game on the 1st date) doesn't matter to me because it's something I would have done with or without a date. Just some of the benefits of having FU money.

And another thing, women do make you lose or spend money. It's something you chose to do. Who asked who out?

Now that I'm older, I'm seeing that your mindset and what lens you see things through has a huge bearing on how your life turns out. Many of you need to change it.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Yep, a sucker with a hot wife that supports everything I do. That understands business. That never questions my intentions.

I’m not surprised there’s a new one every week, every damn one of them thinks you are a complete loser.

Ironically, for all of your hating on feminism, making them pay for a date is feminist.

Never called you a sucker.

For a guy like me who's not looking for exclusivity for at least another 10 years, that's just not the way to go.

Also lol at the loser thing. I don't see only one girl at a time, it's multiple. Some stay, some go, and the weekly thing is just new prospects. All healthy shit.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What do we need to change?

Your view that going on a date is a burden to you. You going into it thinking of coffee in case it goes bad, you don't have to stick around for 2 hours and you get away with paying only $10.

Instead, why don't you go into it thinking that you wanted to get coffee anyway and instead of sitting alone you get to meet and talk to someone new?

Just be excited to meet someone new and figure out what they know. I've known in the first minute whether or not I'm attract to a girl or not, but that doesn't mean I cut a date short and leave. And yes, I've had some bad dates... where the girl would talk about stuff I didn't care about, like designer purses and shoes, or staying in 5 star hotels. But instead of being annoyed, I'd try to understand why that stuff was important to her, see where she's coming from.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere

Be a Skittles man.

Anyway, not sure what this has to do with entrepreneurship? But seeing multiple women a week might not cost money, but it certainly eats up lots of precious time that you could be spending building a business.

You don't want to be one of those guys that spends his entire 20s meeting lots of women and then has nothing to show for it in his 30s. I've met a few guys like that and definitely not where I want to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.