The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just left my girlfriend of 3 years, for business. Am I a selfish prick?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GenYJourney

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 11, 2015
California
Just came across this quote from Napoleon Hill's "Outwitting the Devil" and thought it has some application here.

"No human being owes another any degree of duty which robs him of his privilege of building thought-habits in a positive environment. On the other hand, every human being is duty bound to himself to remove from his environment every influence which even remotely tends to develop negative thought-habits."

Interpret that as you like, good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Getting out of a long term relationship always feels lonely especially in the coming days and even months. It will pass. Focus on your goals.

Also remember achieving goals and working on yourself will always in the long run attract a better mate. That's one thing that takes men (at least myself) a long time to realize. A lot of men complain about how women don't want to talk to them, or the high value ones just ignore them.

Not chasing after them but bettering yourself, achieving your goals, and candidates that are a better fit for you when the time comes and when you are ready to put yourself out there and meet them they will naturally be more attracted to you. As opposed to complaining and trying again and again when you haven't first made yourself a better candidate.

Don't chase the cat, put out the tuna.

For now you decided the time wasn't right. Focus on your goals. Mold a better you. In the future when your ready and the time is right put yourself out there again and you'll eventually find a better fit for you. Relationships are stepping stones and experiences. One day you will just know you're with the right person.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Getting out of a long term relationship always feels lonely especially in the coming days and even months. It will pass. Focus on your goals.

Also remember achieving goals and working on yourself will always in the long run attract a better mate. That's one thing that takes men (at least myself) a long time to realize. A lot of men complain about how women don't want to talk to them, or the high value ones just ignore them.

Not chasing after them but bettering yourself, achieving your goals, and candidates that are a better fit for you when the time comes and when you are ready to put yourself out there and meet them they will naturally be more attracted to you. As opposed to complaining and trying again and again when you haven't first made yourself a better candidate.

Don't chase the cat, put out the tuna.

For now you decided the time wasn't right. Focus on your goals. Mold a better you. In the future when your ready and the time is right put yourself out there again and you'll eventually find a better fit for you. Relationships are stepping stones and experiences. One day you will just know you're with the right person.

Incredibly valuable post... I really appreciate the time you took to write this.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Do you regret it?

Whats your take on the right attitude to have in that age bracket? (20-25)

I don't regret it but I'm also still not financially free.
I don't know how i'll feel if I'm 30 and still poor.

All I know for sure is I don't want a "normal" 9-5 life.
At least I won't regret not trying on my deathbed.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm sorry, but I need to give some tough love here.

Hey everybody, so, as the title says, I left my girlfriend this past weekend, the longest relationship I've ever had, so I can focus 100% on my business, and fully experience my 20's (I'm 20)

This is contradictory. Do you want to focus 100% on your business or your 20's?

I call it BS. Nobody ever focuses 100% on their businesses or anything else for that matter, with the exception of geniuses like Elon Musk.

When I was focused on getting my business off the ground, I still had time for my girlfriend, still hanged out with friends, practiced sports, and enjoyed my life. And I still managed to build a high six-figure business.

Don't fall victim to the myth of an overworked entrepreneur. If you don't have time for anything else but your business, it means that you don't know how to organize your time and be productive.

The relationship wasn't bad at all, I loved her (still do), but there were times where I just felt like I wanted my independence. I didn't want to waste time. I wanted to hustle 100% and be free to move across country tomorrow if I wanted to, without having to worry about her (being in college).

Not to say that I didn't do shit in the relationship, I didn't let myself go, I still had my business goals, worked out, read books... I just felt like I could have done A LOT more if I was alone during those 3 years, she was an excuse for me to procrastinate, and just be comfortable and chill out with her.

You're making excuses. Your girlfriend didn't limit your independence or made you waste time. You need to realize this now while you're still so young. If not, you'll always blame your partner for your own shortcomings.

Maybe she wasn't the right person for you, but don't blame her for your procrastination. If you were on a diet and somebody put a slice of pizza in your hand, would it be their fault that you cheated? Ultimately, it's your decision to eat it or throw it away. Granted, it's better not to have such people around (particularly if they're doing it because they want you to fail), but you are being a dick if you blame them for your own lack of self-discipline.

The person you are with, unless they're literally keeping you chained somewhere in a basement, aren't limiting your independence - particularly if like in your case, it's a person you love who seems to support you. Obviously, this would be different if they were unsupportive and didn't want the best for you but I assume that wasn't the case. @Spicymemer45 gave a good example in this thread. Hundreds of thousands of women would do all kinds of nasty things with Conor, but he understands that nothing will ever match the loyalty and support coming from Dee.

As for moving across the country, it looks like a purely hypothetical situation just to make an excuse. If you wanted to move, there would be time to worry about the impact of this decision on your relationship and possible solutions.

Whenever I visualized moving out of my parents house, I didn't really like the idea of living with her either, I just wanted to be alone and independent and hustling.

You're 20. There's no wonder that you're afraid of commitment. Moving in together is a big commitment, no matter how much you love the other person. It's not about her, it's about you not being ready for it - and there's nothing wrong in it. Anyway, you didn't have to live with her, you could have gotten your own place and invited her from time to time.

Not only that, but my call to the Sexual Marketplace has been increasing over time, I couldn't help feeling like I was losing out whenever I saw an attractive girl in public, and not being able to do anything. Not just losing out on sex potential either, but losing out on building confidence, the art of talking to people, and just growing in general.

This one is the biggest excuse in the entire thread.

You're a male. You will always feel like you're losing out when seeing an attractive girl, no matter how attractive your girlfriend is. Don't fool yourself this feeling will ever disappear (okay, actually it will, probably somewhere around your 70s or 80s). A grown-up male will acknowledge the beauty of the stranger and exert his self-control to realize that the brief, ultimately meaningless satisfaction of his primal urges isn't worth losing his long-term partner.

If you want to be 100% focused on your business, don't fool yourself that you'll be able to do so if you're constantly chasing meaningless sex with strangers. This is much more time-consuming and energy-sapping than being in a relationship.

Decide what you want in life: to build a successful business that will make you free or to let your primal urges enslave you. I don't know about you, but to me the feeling of freedom upon reaching financial independence is worth soooooo much more than having sex with hundreds of women. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd rather be wealthy and asexual than be a broke womanizer whose life is controlled by a stupid boss.

As for the second part about building confidence, etc. - nothing prevents you from doing so in a relationship. Yes, you won't be able to improve your pick-up skills if you want to stay faithful, but it's only one way of building confidence. You can get into sales, learn public speaking, volunteer, join social clubs, and do all kinds of other things to improve your social skills and grow. Then there's also immense personal growth you get from being in a relationship which IMO is much more valuable than the ability to chat up a drunk girl in a nightclub and make her go home with you.

I should be feeling good, but I can't help but feel a little down. There's thoughts in my head that are like, "Maybe I COULD have focused 100% while being with her, maybe it was MY issue, maybe I'm the one who made all the excuses, blablabla".

I think that the thoughts in your head are right. But it's no use crying over spilled milk. Even if it wasn't an entirely good decision (in the end, only you can judge it), you can learn from it and make better choices in the future.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

I call it BS. Nobody ever focuses 100% on their businesses or anything else for that matter, with the exception of geniuses like Elon Musk.

When I was focused on getting my business off the ground, I still had time for my girlfriend, still hanged out with friends, practiced sports, and enjoyed my life. And I still managed to build a high six-figure business.

Don't fall victim to the myth of an overworked entrepreneur. If you don't have time for anything else but your business, it means that you don't know how to organize your time and be productive.

You're making excuses. Your girlfriend didn't limit your independence or made you waste time. You need to realize this now while you're still so young. If not, you'll always blame your partner for your own shortcomings.

Maybe she wasn't the right person for you, but don't blame her for your procrastination. If you were on a diet and somebody put a slice of pizza in your hand, would it be their fault that you cheated? Ultimately, it's your decision to eat it or throw it away. Granted, it's better not to have such people around (particularly if they're doing it because they want you to fail), but you are being a dick if you blame them for your own lack of self-discipline.

The person you are with, unless they're literally keeping you chained somewhere in a basement, aren't limiting your independence - particularly if like in your case, it's a person you love who seems to support you. Obviously, this would be different if they were unsupportive and didn't want the best for you but I assume that wasn't the case. @Spicymemer45 gave a good example in this thread. Hundreds of thousands of women would do all kinds of nasty things with Conor, but he understands that nothing will ever match the loyalty and support coming from Dee.

As for moving across the country, it looks like a purely hypothetical situation just to make an excuse. If you wanted to move, there would be time to worry about the impact of this decision on your relationship and possible solutions.

You're 20. There's no wonder that you're afraid of commitment. Moving in together is a big commitment, no matter how much you love the other person. It's not about her, it's about you not being ready for it - and there's nothing wrong in it. Anyway, you didn't have to live with her, you could have gotten your own place and invited her from time to time.

You're a male. You will always feel like you're losing out when seeing an attractive girl, no matter how attractive your girlfriend is. Don't fool yourself this feeling will ever disappear (okay, actually it will, probably somewhere around your 70s or 80s). A grown-up male will acknowledge the beauty of the stranger and exert his self-control to realize that the brief, ultimately meaningless satisfaction of his primal urges isn't worth losing his long-term partner.

If you want to be 100% focused on your business, don't fool yourself that you'll be able to do so if you're constantly chasing meaningless sex with strangers. This is much more time-consuming and energy-sapping than being in a relationship.

Decide what you want in life: to build a successful business that will make you free or to let your primal urges enslave you. I don't know about you, but to me the feeling of freedom upon reaching financial independence is worth soooooo much more than having sex with hundreds of women. Personally, if I had to choose, I'd rather be wealthy and asexual than be a broke womanizer whose life is controlled by a stupid boss.

As for the second part about building confidence, etc. - nothing prevents you from doing so in a relationship. Yes, you won't be able to improve your pick-up skills if you want to stay faithful, but it's only one way of building confidence. You can get into sales, learn public speaking, volunteer, join social clubs, and do all kinds of other things to improve your social skills and grow. Then there's also immense personal growth you get from being in a relationship which IMO is much more valuable than the ability to chat up a drunk girl in a nightclub and make her go home with you.

I think that the thoughts in your head are right. But it's no use crying over spilled milk. Even if it wasn't an entirely good decision (in the end, only you can judge it), you can learn from it and make better choices in the future.

While I do agree with everything you say, let's not forget he's only 20 years old and started his relation when he was 17. I guess it's totally normal you want a broader experience on that age.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015

Ultimately you're right dude. There were times I was in the relationship and hustling hard and times I was not, I know I have some of my own issues to to correct.

At the end of the day though, if I wasn't 100% happy to be around her and couldn't reciprocate the love she showed me, then she really wasn't the one for me.

I'm confident I made the right decision. She will grow from this. I will grow from this. Sucks to spend 3 years with someone and have them disappear from your life but it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Ultimately you're right dude. There were times I was in the relationship and hustling hard and times I was not, I know I have some of my own issues to to correct.

At the end of the day though, if I wasn't 100% happy to be around her and couldn't reciprocate the love she showed me, then she really wasn't the one for me.

I'm confident I made the right decision. She will grow from this. I will grow from this. Sucks to spend 3 years with someone and have them disappear from your life but it is what it is.

The best advice I can give you is simple.

If you want it, own that want.

Then take responsibility for getting it.

Gooooooooooooood luck.​

D

Deleted48496

@Red @G-Man @SinisterLex @Longinus @Satvik Gupta @luniac @The-J @GMSI7D

I really, really appreciate all your responses. I do feel like I've made the right choice. Yesterday I was kind of freaking out towards the end of the day, after work, felt alone. Today I feel calmer.

I'm confident it only gets better from here.

That's great. I'm glad I could be use of any help.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Hey everybody, so, as the title says, I left my girlfriend this past weekend, the longest relationship I've ever had, so I can focus 100% on my business, and fully experience my 20's (I'm 20).

I met this girl when I was 17, I had recently gotten over another break up, was working out, dressed well, and felt on top of the world and confident. She was the hottest girl that was ever interested in me. I almost didn't want to jump into another relationship right away, but of course I felt pressured and made it official.

The relationship wasn't bad at all, I loved her (still do), but there were times where I just felt like I wanted my independence. I didn't want to waste time. I wanted to hustle 100% and be free to move across country tomorrow if I wanted to, without having to worry about her (being in college). Not only that, but my call to the Sexual Marketplace has been increasing over time, I couldn't help feeling like I was losing out whenever I saw an attractive girl in public, and not being able to do anything. Not just losing out on sex potential either, but losing out on building confidence, the art of talking to people, and just growing in general.

Not to say that I didn't do shit in the relationship, I didn't let myself go, I still had my business goals, worked out, read books... I just felt like I could have done A LOT more if I was alone during those 3 years, she was an excuse for me to procrastinate, and just be comfortable and chill out with her. Whenever I visualized moving out of my parents house, I didn't really like the idea of living with her either, I just wanted to be alone and independent and hustling.

I've ALWAYS had a hard time breaking up with someone, even when things are going bad, I've had a problem with attaching too hard. I attempted to break up with her maybe after the 2nd year, but I felt hopeless and got back with her.

Then I read The Rational Male, I don't know why, but the author really spoke to me, and after just a few chapters in, I got the courage, and I broke up with her the next day for good. She did not take it well at all.

I should be feeling good, but I can't help but feel a little down. There's thoughts in my head that are like, "Maybe I COULD have focused 100% while being with her, maybe it was MY issue, maybe I'm the one who made all the excuses, blablabla".

I guess my plans are just to now work on myself and I really have no plans for a relationship for a very, very long time. I'm entering the non-exclusive dating scene now.

My mother obviously doesn't agree with the break up, and thinks I just broke my poor girlfriends heart for no reason.

What do you guys think? Am I a selfish prick for breaking up with her? Or is my future more important, and this may have been the best decision I could have made for myself?
Rollo Tomassi have brainwashed you well. I have read his book too and it was very eye opening but you shouldn't make decisions of that nature based of what you read in a book.

Word of advice: Boycott all redpill content on the internet, if anything is holding you back it would be that, what they say has some truth to it but the people you allow to influence you are far more toxic to you than your relationship may have been.

Anyway now that you've dumped your ex, you should be out of excuses or are you going to read more books to procrastinate?

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Rollo Tomassi have brainwashed you well. I have read his book too and it was very eye opening but you shouldn't make decisions of that nature based of what you read in a book.

Word of advice: Boycott all redpill content on the internet, if anything is holding you back it would be that, what they say has some truth to it but the people you allow to influence you are far more toxic to you than your relationship may have been.

Anyway now that you've dumped your ex, you should be out of excuses or are you going to read more books to procrastinate?
Listen, I've been thinking about breaking up with this girl for a long time, I've led her on and it was wrong.

The book just gave me the capacity to think, "I need to stop playing and end this NOW rather than LATER."

Also yes, no excuses. I don't consume my time with reading lol.. If I have a problem at hand, I'll read about it and solve the problem. Which is what I did.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Listen, I've been thinking about breaking up with this girl for a long time, I've led her on and it was wrong.

The book just gave me the capacity to think, "I need to stop playing and end this NOW rather than LATER."

Also yes, no excuses. I don't consume my time with reading lol.. If I have a problem at hand, I'll read about it and solve the problem. Which is what I did.

Yeah, you wanted to for a long time and the book just gave you the final push you needed, I got that after writing my post.

That's good, get after it.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
This may say something about your uncertainty.

A good partner will boost your confidence and make you forget about the other girls around.

Lol this is a crock of shit. I don't know what planet you live on but most men think about lot of women all day. Any women they see they are interested in. Maybe you will forget other women in the beginning but give it a few years and that will quickly fade away I can guarantee. The only people that really seem to fall for this are bible humpers that are brainwashed by the book.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Hey everybody, so, as the title says, I left my girlfriend this past weekend, the longest relationship I've ever had, so I can focus 100% on my business, and fully experience my 20's (I'm 20).

I met this girl when I was 17, I had recently gotten over another break up, was working out, dressed well, and felt on top of the world and confident. She was the hottest girl that was ever interested in me. I almost didn't want to jump into another relationship right away, but of course I felt pressured and made it official.

The relationship wasn't bad at all, I loved her (still do), but there were times where I just felt like I wanted my independence. I didn't want to waste time. I wanted to hustle 100% and be free to move across country tomorrow if I wanted to, without having to worry about her (being in college). Not only that, but my call to the Sexual Marketplace has been increasing over time, I couldn't help feeling like I was losing out whenever I saw an attractive girl in public, and not being able to do anything. Not just losing out on sex potential either, but losing out on building confidence, the art of talking to people, and just growing in general.

Not to say that I didn't do shit in the relationship, I didn't let myself go, I still had my business goals, worked out, read books... I just felt like I could have done A LOT more if I was alone during those 3 years, she was an excuse for me to procrastinate, and just be comfortable and chill out with her. Whenever I visualized moving out of my parents house, I didn't really like the idea of living with her either, I just wanted to be alone and independent and hustling.

I've ALWAYS had a hard time breaking up with someone, even when things are going bad, I've had a problem with attaching too hard. I attempted to break up with her maybe after the 2nd year, but I felt hopeless and got back with her.

Then I read The Rational Male, I don't know why, but the author really spoke to me, and after just a few chapters in, I got the courage, and I broke up with her the next day for good. She did not take it well at all.

I guess my plans are just to now work on myself and I really have no plans for a relationship for a very, very long time. I'm entering the non-exclusive dating scene now.

My mother obviously doesn't agree with the break up, and thinks I just broke my poor girlfriends heart for no reason.

What do you guys think? Am I a selfish prick for breaking up with her? Or is my future more important, and this may have been the best decision I could have made for myself?

Be obsessed or be average. If she is not obsessed or doesn't let you be obsessed and wants to hold you down in an "average" situation then get rid of her. Next time, though, you better clearly state your expectations to the new girl who comes along.

If you want to be obsessed about business for a while then you should only spend time with girls who fit that lifestyle. It could be short-term relationships but it could also be long-term relationships. You never know.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
If you have a girlfriend, she will make sure you never make any new friends! :rofl::rofl:. Unless she is your business partner, you made the right decision

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I don't think so. You're 20 years old and the world is your oyster. If you think the relationship is/was holding you back then you've made the right decision in my opinion.

Use this experience to fuel your growth. Make your mark.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
You need space and time to meet your needs and demands.

Love this whole post, very true. In order to be self-less, you have to be selfish first. Meet your own needs and demands, because if you don't you won't be able to fulfill other people's needs. Love yourself first, then love can flow out to others. You can't give something you don't already have.

Selfishness has a social stigma to it, but it's something very necessary. Osho explains this beautifully:

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
@bringitnow28329 @DustinH @Evil_Jester @Sanj Modha @LPPC

Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys! I've been very open to everything everyone has told me, on either side.

Well, so far it's been about 1 and 1/2 weeks, and honestly... I'VE NEVER FELT F*ckING BETTER HAHAHA

God, I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me, I can't even explain it. I just feel so god damn good. This was definitely the BEST decision I could have made for myself. I have ZERO regrets.
I feel more confident, I feel like I can make choices more easily now, without involving emotion.

This is something I really should have done a long time ago, but I'm glad it's just over with, and I feel amazing.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016

Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys! I've been very open to everything everyone has told me, on either side.

Well, so far it's been about 1 and 1/2 weeks, and honestly... I'VE NEVER FELT F*ckING BETTER HAHAHA

God, I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me, I can't even explain it. I just feel so god damn good. This was definitely the BEST decision I could have made for myself. I have ZERO regrets.
I feel more confident, I feel like I can make choices more easily now, without involving emotion.

This is something I really should have done a long time ago, but I'm glad it's just over with, and I feel amazing.
When you feel the emotion of relief, it means you have done something right ;)

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

I'm 35 years old now. You won't regret ANY decision you make at 20. Trust me on that.

Looking back, I wish I had taken more risks. Nothing is fatal or final - you're in the growth trajectory and it's a magnificent stage of your life. Make the most of it. I learnt sooo much in my 20s.

Nick Hudson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 5, 2017
United States
Selfish? Depends if you really plan on getting back to her. Work is not your life, and life is not your work. You should consider figuring that out what's more important to you. At the end of the day of working hard you come back to your loved ones.

bringitnow28329

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 30, 2013
Providence
Selfish? Depends if you really plan on getting back to her. Work is not your life, and life is not your work. You should consider figuring that out what's more important to you. At the end of the day of working hard you come back to your loved ones.

Or you just go out and find a random to bang and call it a night.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Come on....don't see girls that way! They are individuals just like you and me too!
Do respect the ladies. Random banging ain't gonna solve the problem, respect aside.
I'm sure OP isn't into that kind of thing lol.

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
While it could be put more eloquently... I do believe having options is the way to go..

This really isn't a discussion to be having on this forum though... a lot of men will have differing opinions on this subject, and I don't really want to start that kind of argument.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
I'm 35 years old now. You won't regret ANY decision you make at 20. Trust me on that.

I know a handful of people who absolutely regret knocking someone up/getting knocked up at that age. You can absolutely do things you'll regret/set yourself up for struggle for the rest of your life.

Funny enough, this is how most of them accomplished that.

TheRegalMachine

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 27, 2017
Moon Base
With just that I would say you made a fair decision. I'm always against young people shackling themselves down too early when they haven't truly experienced jack shit yet. They end up miserable because they settled on the first person to give them the time of day which isn't wise.
BUT...
You say your reasoning was "business", but your true reason was wanting to sow your wild oats. It's evident because you went into more detail about that than business.
If you decide to leave her because you wanted to focus on bettering yourself, making money/a business, building a better future, but she didn't fit in the plans her attitude or mindset, I'd still be with you. Like if she was controlling, combative, lazy, or any other negative assumption I couldn't think of, of course leave her behind, that wouldn't aid you on your journey. If she wasn't those things and you just wanted to get your dick wet whenever or where-ever you could get it, I can't help but feel bad for the girl.
If she was supportive and a keeper then yes you are a selfish prick, but sometimes you have to be a bit selfish to get where you want to go.
All in all it was your choice and trying to get validation from strangers online won't stop your conscience from eating at you.
You're gonna carry that weight.

P.S. No matter the book always take it with a grain of salt and look before you leap.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.