The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I joined the Fastlane

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Hey guys,

I'm 23 years old and I just finished studying law, yet I have no interest in a 60+ hours job in which I making others rich. So i bought some book about how to get rich and being successful so i could at least retire at age 40. Then I read TMF and everything changed. I am very motivated although I know everyone around me will tell me to persue my job for which I studied so hard for.

I already have my first question: How do you see the alcohol market? I have some ideas but I am not sure about the marketing. To advertise alcohol is not that reputable in my country (Austria). I do not want to make an excuse but I rather start with an idea I am comfortable with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How do you see the alcohol market?

Recession proof.
but I rather start with an idea I am comfortable with.

Starting a business is rarely comfortable. If that's your expectation, you will be in for a rough ride.

May I suggest reading my 2nd book as it gives a little more insight into the process of starting a business as well as how to uncover opportunities where there doesn't seem to be any.

Welcome to the forum.

Elijah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 6, 2017
Austria
Recession proof.

Starting a business is rarely comfortable. If that's your expectation, you will be in for a rough ride.

May I suggest reading my 2nd book as it gives a little more insight into the process of starting a business as well as how to uncover opportunities where there doesn't seem to be any.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank your for your answer.
I will read it for sure! What would you suggest doing while figuring out how to start a business? Should I read marketing books and stuff (because I guess that is something I am going to need to know anyways). Or is this stuff explained in your second book?

Edit: About "being comfortable": What I was trying to say is that I think I need to be convinced about my own product to convince others!

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Alcohol is one of those areas that I would almost feel guilty about making money off of.

The reason: I've seen households torn apart because of alcohol abuse and addiction. I simply wouldn't want to be a contributor to that. However, due to its addictive nature, I think it could be very profitable -- just not for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bitsinmyblood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 29, 2017
Washington State, USA
Alcohol is one of those areas that I would almost feel guilty about making money off of.

The reason: I've seen households torn apart because of alcohol abuse and addiction. I simply wouldn't want to be a contributor to that. However, due to its addictive nature, I think it could be very profitable -- just not for me.

I guess you have to ask yourself what would happen if you didn't sell booze. Would that prevent addiction? Obviously not. Access isn't the problem..
Besides, there are more people that responsibly enjoy various compounds. I don't see drugs or compounds as good or bad, just tools like a shovel or a hammer, or a jetski. Sure some people kill themselves on a jetski, but most people don't feel the need to ski at max throttle and to perform dangerous maneuvers. Does someone occasionally die as a result of an accident on a jetski when they're doing their best to be safe? Sure, but it doesn't represent the common experience.

I don't condone drug dealing, but I also don't blame the dealer for the fact that there is a strong customer base wanting his/her products...

I believe more in person responsibility and choice than I believe in transferring responsibility or criminal deterrence.... which I'm not sure if you've been watching the news for the past 30 years but Barbara Bush's "War on Drugs" is a complete failure. (Sorry for the somewhat political remark, MJ).

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Recession proof.

Welcome to the forum.
lol @ recession proof

@Elijah you might find these stories a bit inspiring...

Ladi Delano: Meet Nigeria"s youngest billionaire

John Paul DeJoria on the Power of Rejection | Impact Theory

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.