The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have been struggling with the online business model for 4years

I have been struggling with the online business model for 4 years now. can you help me?

• How to start you own online business

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • How to use free traffic

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • How to make your first $1000 a day

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • How to promote your affiliate link

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Marketing using free traffic sources

• How to find platforms to get free traffic from

• Total voters

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
Hi ,my name is mwila..I have been struggling to make sales when I start any online business with paid traffic at first and with free organic traffic. I have been struggling with this since 2016 no breakthrough. It's time I get some form of mentorship that will take me to another level so that I can be in the fast lane. I will forever indebted to whoever may teach me how to drive in the fast lane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon Anthony

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
572%
Jan 5, 2019
Can you give us some examples of previous failures? Which one got you the closest to success?

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
Can you give us some examples of previous failures? Which one got you the closest to success?
I started with affiliate programs, gear best, click bank, easy one up, David sharpe's legendary marketer was my last... I used both paid traffic and free traffic I could get leads but no sales. Now I am back with click bank trying to use free traffic cause I can no longer afford paid traffic.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
I started with affiliate programs, gear best, click bank, easy one up, David sharpe's legendary marketer was my last... I used both paid traffic and free traffic I could get leads but no sales. Now I am back with click bank trying to use free traffic cause I can no longer afford paid traffic.
I even did CB passive income by Patric chan nothing really worked. I just want to start making sales from free traffic then I can scale up to paid traffic but I don't know how to tried forums, blogs,quora not getting a single sale.

Jon Anthony

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
572%
Jan 5, 2019
What website are you using to generate free traffic? I do SEO very well, take a look at my previous progress posts

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Id recommend a value creation approach vs a money chasing approach.

What can you create, change, modify to add value that pulls customers towards you rather than try to push customers towards an offer.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
Grat
Id recommend a value creation approach vs a money chasing approach.

What can you create, change, modify to add value that pulls customers towards you rather than try to push customers towards an offer.
spectacularly answered... Am kindly asking for more guidance. Or how do I learn what you do?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
One thing I learned in life is the harder you chase money the faster it runs away from you.

This is because your mindset is wrong. Instead of thinking "how can I get" think "how can I help"

Also I have found that most people fail with Affiliate Marketing as they constantly switch and change strategies rather than sticking to one and mastering it.

This might strike a chord with you:

Have you read MJ's books?

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
One thing I learned in life is the harder you chase money the faster it runs away from you.

This is because your mindset is wrong. Instead of thinking "how can I get" think "how can I help"

Also I have found that most people fail with Affiliate Marketing as they constantly switch and change strategies rather than sticking to one and mastering it.

This might strike a chord with you:

Have you read MJ's books?
Thank you very much for your wise words... Yes I am currently reading the millionaire fast lane. If I may ask what strategies are working for you? (Maybe they can also help me)

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Maybe you bounce around too much.

If you stuck with your original idea over the four years, might it be a success?

I know someone with an affiliate website that doesn't know any SEO or cro at all and he makes 7k+ per month. At one time he was earning over 50k per month but he got lazy and didn't work on it for a year.

His strategy is simple: Produce a shit load of content aimed at helping people solve specific problems.

He has written over 1000 articles in 3 years. Pure brute Force. He's made over 700k in 3 years by writing an article or two every day.

He did this for 6 months before he made any money. That's 180 articles.

Did you produce 180 articles for any of your endeavors?

Maybe you gave up too soon to chase another idea.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019

If you stuck with your original idea over the four years, might it be a success?

I know someone with an affiliate website that doesn't know any SEO or cro at all and he makes 7k+ per month. At one time he was earning over 50k per month but he got lazy and didn't work on it for a year.

His strategy is simple: Produce a shit load of content aimed at helping people solve specific problems.

He has written over 1000 articles in 3 years. Pure brute Force. He's made over 700k in 3 years by writing an article or two every day.

To tell you the truth this is when I doing that...have been drafting content to do precisely that. I will update you when I start making bits of progress. Thanks for your help

Thanks

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
You’re jumping over dollars to pick up cents.

Pick one thing and stick with it until you see some results.

PS: lol at the “How to make your first $1,000 a day”

Yes I am going to show you how to make your very first $365k this year!

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
I would suggest you to read and re-read following books :
- TMF by MJ Demarco
- Unscripted by M J Demarco
- The Go giver by Bob Burg and John Davidman
- The One thing by Gary Keller
(I recommend you to to have Audbile version and listen to them while you are doing some unproductive sort of work).

For now read about the CENTS commandment thread by M J Demarco and make sure that your business fulfills at least 4 commandment (5 should be ideal IMO) and see if your business fulfill all the commandments . You will immediately know where your business is failing.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Hey Mwila, my experience with affiliate marketing is this.
Make a website, write 100k words over 3 months(last September). Earn nothing for 8 months, then all of a sudden google realized I exist. 6 months in I got a sale. 7 months in I made 14 dollars that month, then it jumped to 70, and now every month since I've been in the hundreds(still haven't broke 4 figs.)

I'll be coming up to a year and I'm still new at the game. Building an online presence is all about doing the work every day. With my new site, I plan to follow a similar strat to Goodluck Chuck's friend. Hit the punching bag each day and never give up.

In the movies, there's a sudden lightbulb that always goes off and the protagonist becomes Iron Man or he figures out stocks etc. It never shows the guy sitting alone in his room on his laptop banging his head against the wall and wondering what the hell he's doing. It's not as fun to watch. But I think that's a lesson I finally learned that hadn't beaten into my consciousness until recently.

The fun part IS hitting your head against the wall with the pedal to the metal and destination set to god knows what. It's better than watching Netflix at least.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
You’re jumping over dollars to pick up cents.

Pick one thing and stick with it until you see some results.

PS: lol at the “How to make your first $1,000 a day”

Yes I am going to show you how to make your very first $365k this year!
Lol..you clearly teasing me with those figures.. 365k lol. But I would love to learn from you. You the information I have gathered here so far has made me realize that the things taught on YouTube channels by these so called gurus is unrealistic.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
- TMF by MJ Demarco
(I recommend you to to have Audbile version and listen to them while you are doing some unproductive sort of work).

For now read about the CENTS commandment thread by M J Demarco and make sure that your business fulfills at least 4 commandment (5 should be ideal IMO) and see if your business fulfill all the commandments . You will immediately know where your business is failing.
- TMF by MJ Demarco

gratitude, I will do just that..I am currently reading TMF. I will update you when I read all the material.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
Hey Mwila, my experience with affiliate marketing is this.
Make a website, write 100k words over 3 months(last September). Earn nothing for 8 months, then all of a sudden google realized I exist. 6 months in I got a sale. 7 months in I made 14 dollars that month, then it jumped to 70, and now every month since I've been in the hundreds(still haven't broke 4 figs.)

I'll be coming up to a year and I'm still new at the game. Building an online presence is all about doing the work every day. With my new site, I plan to follow a similar strat to Goodluck Chuck's friend. Hit the punching bag each day and never give up.

In the movies, there's a sudden lightbulb that always goes off and the protagonist becomes Iron Man or he figures out stocks etc. It never shows the guy sitting alone in his room on his laptop banging his head against the wall and wondering what the hell he's doing. It's not as fun to watch. But I think that's a lesson I finally learned that hadn't beaten into my consciousness until recently.

The fun part IS hitting your head against the wall with the pedal to the metal and destination set to god knows what. It's better than watching Netflix at least.
Thanks my friend I will keep hitting the punching bag

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Thank you very much for your wise words... Yes I am currently reading the millionaire fast lane. If I may ask what strategies are working for you? (Maybe they can also help me)

Simply not looking to profit instantly or directly. In other words focusing on helping others and in a scalable way that will benefit as many people as possible. MJ's book goes into great detail.

I have spent time this week with several people where my time and effort has provided help to them, even if it was just a sounding board. I don't seek anything in return but that karma has an effect (and not in some new age pappy way either). I just know if you help others, others help you. Life is like a mirror in that regard.

I think maybe the focus on helping others changes your mental framing which then opens you up to possibilities you wouldn't have noticed otherwise, and in many cases wouldn't have come your way anyway, as often they are as a direct result of the circle of people you have helped in the past.

When I said 'the harder you chase money the faster it runs away' that is from personal experience. But I have observed it with others countless times. You think you are doing well then it all disintegrates around you because chasing money does not add value, there is no long term benefit so it will wither away at some point.

Mwila Chimutete

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 25, 2019
Simply not looking to profit instantly or directly. In other words focusing on helping others and in a scalable way that will benefit as many people as possible. MJ's book goes into great detail.

I have spent time this week with several people where my time and effort has provided help to them, even if it was just a sounding board. I don't seek anything in return but that karma has an effect (and not in some new age pappy way either). I just know if you help others, others help you. Life is like a mirror in that regard.

I think maybe the focus on helping others changes your mental framing which then opens you up to possibilities you wouldn't have noticed otherwise, and in many cases wouldn't have come your way anyway, as often they are as a direct result of the circle of people you have helped in the past.

When I said 'the harder you chase money the faster it runs away' that is from personal experience. But I have observed it with others countless times. You think you are doing well then it all disintegrates around you because chasing money does not add value, there is no long term benefit so it will wither away at some point.
Thanks I will do exactly that...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...