The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wow, I'm tempted to reopen that. Some great posts in there, despite the dumpster fires that surround it.
Do it. Anything’s better than the “feed my family to cannibal terrorists to send the right message” war thread. :rofl:

But you know me, I’m always in favor of even the most diseased threads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Do it. Anything’s better than the “feed my family to cannibal terrorists to send the right message” war thread. :rofl:

But you know me, I’m always in favor of even the most diseased threads.
I’m adding more to the fire here but that part had strong J.P. Getty vibes. There’s always a chance you pay them and don’t get your family back, but if you don’t pay them the chance is zero unfortunately.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I've never done this before but I believe this merits

+Rep
This threads already way off topic so I’ll ask here.

What happened to the rep bank @MJ DeMarco?

I used to like transferring money to people who made really good posts.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
There will always be opportunities to grow your $$. As you expand your knowledge, you will learn to spot them.

I am a firm believer in having your just in case fund sitting in cash. 3-6 months of expenses before you put money at risk in the markets.

Just starting out, get a library card. Only buy the books if you need them sitting on a shelf for reference.
I agree. Doesn’t hurt to take that $1000 and store it away for now. Make sure you’ve got some buffer in your account before taking risks. You’ve got plenty of time to invest and will make much better decisions with a nice cushion.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
LMAO wow.

I do agree, the concept of public libraries is a joke. Most public stuff is a joke.

I mean the concept of public facilities are well-intentioned, but when something is well-intentioned, that usually means it sucks HARD in execution.

Although your raging against the face covers is pretty cringey, I'm no better. I think seat belts should be permanently removed from all vehicles. There are a lot of "safety precautions" that should be straight up optional.
You’re right that is also cringe.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Ergo: Auto renewals and no late fees.

Kak's story was so behind the times, the government was actually ahead of him on this one. Not often you see that.

Here's the thing. The library has an incredible value offering. Free books, movies, audiobooks, music, a lot of which is available virtually.

Sure, the future billionaire believes everyone should line their walls with books. I respect that. (Calling a hypothetical librarian a bitch for doing her job, I respect that a lot less.)

For me, I hate spending money on a bad book or a bad meal. That's why I tend to order things that I know I like on menus, and why I try to at least get a sampling of a book before I spend money on it. Just because the book has good reviews, or it was recommended to me, doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it.

View attachment 36930

Sure, sometimes I break these habits, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. But usually not.

I love the personal library comment. I just bought two more bookshelves for my walls. But I guess I just take an extra step in making sure that the books that come into my home are quality.

For those starting out, library is way more affordable. Build the ginormous library wing of your home once you've made it.

Lastly, bravo on the thread hijack. I bet no one saw this coming... :rofl:
I’m starting to respect you @BizyDad

Last edited:

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Alright, that clearly was the wrong approach. I typed that out kinda fast and got back to work. Rather than edit, I'll just own my words and apologize for making the situation worse, not better.
Don’t apologize. You’re totally in the right lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This threads already way off topic so I’ll ask here.

What happened to the rep bank @MJ DeMarco?

I used to like transferring money to people who made really good posts.

It went away when the forum software was updated. It's removal was not really my choice and I would love to bring it back, or better, have it tied to a crypto coin.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It went away when the forum software was updated. It's removal was not really my choice and I would love to bring it back, or better, have it tied to a crypto coin.
I’m apeing into DeMarco Dollar upon its release

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
We get it, you love masks as a fashion statement, and the unfettered spread of deadly meningitis through libraries.

We get it, you love masks as a fashion statement, and the unfettered spread of deadly meningitis through libraries.
0552AEF1-C644-44E6-A5E6-537991B54E19.jpeg
Too cool for public libraries, face masks, and meningitis vaccines lol

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@TonyStark
Kak is a great guy. He’s passionate about libraries and what you are referring to was mostly satire. I’d hate to see more sparks here, we have enough dumpster fire threads at the moment. Throwing some water on this guys.

Edit:
But two Texans duking it out is guaranteed to be a distraction from world events maybe I shouldn’t.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

@TonyStark
Kak is a great guy. He’s passionate about libraries and what you are referring to was mostly satire. I’d hate to see more sparks here, we have enough dumpster fire threads at the moment. Throwing some water on this guys.

Edit:
But two Texans duking it out is guaranteed to be a distraction from world events maybe I shouldn’t.
If you were from Texas, you would know that Austin is drastically different from 99% of the state!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Unfortunately I am ignorant on TX - please explain
The expression there is "Keep Austin Weird."

All around Texas you also have people whose families have been here for 3-8 generations too, but then in big cities you have a lot of people who really don't care about the state or its history. Austin is an extreme example of this.

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in Austin. It has a lot of great stuff to it. But, it also invites a lot of the not-so-great.

TBH people go to Austin thinking they are tasting Texas, but they aren't. They are trying some food and some music, and that's it.

This is the real spirit of Texas. Read this letter, it might remind you of the situation today @Antifragile

better version: Travis Letter

--
Texas was its own country. It was a country before Canada was a country, funny enough. I had family fight in the Texas Revolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
It's up to me to break this to you, I guess someone has to do it... so be it, it's me. When you "buy" your amazon kindle books, you don't own them. The grand overlord Jeff owns them, you are just renting.
You do if you keep a kindle airgapped, and transfer purchased books to it via your PC.
maxresdefault.jpg

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
The expression there is "Keep Austin Weird."

All around Texas you also have people whose families have been here for 3-8 generations too, but then in big cities you have a lot of people who really don't care about the state or its history. Austin is an extreme example of this.

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in Austin. It has a lot of great stuff to it. But, it also invites a lot of the not-so-great.

TBH people go to Austin thinking they are tasting Texas, but they aren't. They are trying some food and some music, and that's it.

This is the real spirit of Texas. Read this letter, it might remind you of the situation today @Antifragile

better version: Travis Letter

--
Texas was its own country. It was a country before Canada was a country, funny enough. I had family fight in the Texas Revolution.
This thread is “weird”.

But yeah I can vouch for this. Austin is a little too liberal for my taste, that’s why I live outside the city.

They’re definitely in their own liberal bubble.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Unfortunately I am ignorant on TX - please explain
Austin is becoming secondary Silicon Valley, and with that ascension, has now also become the most expensive US city outside of California, surpassing New York City and Seattle in just the last year and a half.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I can't believe this zombie thread is up and kicking.

I’m starting to respect you @BizyDad

This comment lifted my day more than I would've expected. Thanks.

On a side note, Tony Stark sharing a gif of Morgan Freeman applauding my American-esque Ted talk had to be the single most meta-patriotic moment of my life.

So thanks for being here Tony.

Don’t apologize. You’re totally in the right lol

Generally speaking, it bothers me when my comments help to derail a thread. I know I'm right. I do my best to speak from a place of truth. Sometimes I don't like the consequences.

And you may not have noticed the forum founder himself called me out in the tags. #EpicTroll

I've spent so much of my life being smart and so little of it being wise.

And one lesson I got from divorce, just because you're right doesn't mean you don't apologize.

Some lessons should be learned sooner in life, but better late than never. It's a work in progress...

@TonyStark

Edit:

I'll echo the Kak lovefest. He's one of my faves, and not only because he has great cigars and excellent taste in churches.

But if it'll cheer you up Antifragile, I'll go full Bruce Banner on him and Tony and Chosen and all the other Tex-coast Fastlane Avengers. Just say the word.

hulk-smash.gif

Hint: the word is meningitis.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
meningitis

Hahaha…

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And you may not have noticed the forum founder himself called me out in the tags. #EpicTroll

That wasn't me.

Many people (dozens? hundreds?) on the forum have the permissions to modify TAGS, can't quite remember the threshold for such permissions. I think if you're an EPIC contributor, you can modify TAGS, or a certain level of contribution.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Austin is becoming secondary Silicon Valley, and with that ascension, has now also become the most expensive US city outside of California, surpassing New York City and Seattle in just the last year and a half.

Don't California my... Too late.

Yes, everyone I talk to jokes that they all hope to sell their fancy houses and real estate investments to California buyers because they will pay double what they're really worth.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
That wasn't me.

Many people (dozens? hundreds?) on the forum have the permissions to modify TAGS, can't quite remember the threshold for such permissions. I think if you're an EPIC contributor, you can modify TAGS, or a certain level of contribution.

Oh oh... I should not have this kind of power. With it comes too much responsibility. :eek:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.