The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I HATE Noisy Apartments

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
The place in Mexico I am in right now is double normal rent. Place is super quiet and built to an amazing standard. I am sleeping like a baby.

I stayed in this place last year in Kiev... Luxury in Mind One of Kind Gem In Center 3004 - Apartments for Rent in Vasyl'kivs'kyi district, Kyivs'ka oblast, Ukraine. It is way above normal rent but is super quiet during the day. Also it is nearly always booked. I miss it a lot for recording videos.

Point is - these places already exist you're just not paying for them. But of these countries have a lot of lower prices rentals that struggle to find tenants.

---

This isn't to brag. I work out of my apartment and really enjoy a goodnights sleep. Only making the point that to complain about capitalism when you are paying less and wanting more is missing the point.

I'm a capitalist, trust me....I was making a point that MJ makes in Unscripted about how some business owners miss the mark by focusing on squeezing every penny of profit to the detriment of long term relationships/loyalty with customers.

Also, I guess I haven't experienced that many quiet apartment buildings so I don't have much of a reference point. Yes, those quiet buildings I guess are above my pay grade at this point.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm a capitalist, trust me....I was making a point that MJ makes in Unscripted about how some business owners miss the mark by focusing on squeezing every penny of profit to the detriment of long term relationships/loyalty with customers.

Also, I guess I haven't experienced that many quiet apartment buildings so I don't have much of a reference point. Yes, those quiet buildings I guess are above my pay grade at this point.

Hope that post didn't come off arrogant.

I think builders are aware but its just two different approaches - my something cheap (that is cheap) so people who only care about location/stats buy or rent it. Or create something of quality that a smaller market will pay for.

Plus there is a disconnect between buyer and builder. If you rented a place and it sucked and it was right from the builder (and their reputation was on the line) then it would be a different story. But it is going through agencies, websites, developers, agents etc. The product doesn't have a direct link to the creator so there is much more potential for people to cut corners. |

Something that shows a buildings quality could maybe take off. Like a "rate my teacher" for property.

HelpAndProsper

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 1, 2018
Boston
Hope that post didn't come off arrogant.

I think builders are aware but its just two different approaches - my something cheap (that is cheap) so people who only care about location/stats buy or rent it. Or create something of quality that a smaller market will pay for.

Plus there is a disconnect between buyer and builder. If you rented a place and it sucked and it was right from the builder (and their reputation was on the line) then it would be a different story. But it is going through agencies, websites, developers, agents etc. The product doesn't have a direct link to the creator so there is much more potential for people to cut corners. |

Something that shows a buildings quality could maybe take off. Like a "rate my teacher" for property.

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking on the rating thing....

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I can sympathize with the original post. I have above average hearing sensitivity, which is great for playing music and running a mixing board, but awful for background noise or work environments with a lot of commotion.

I live half a mile from the train tracks, with nothing between my window and the tracks. This is the busiest freight line in the state, with literally 50 trains a day, almost all 100 cars of mostly oil tanks. There are also two Amtrak trains in the middle of the night, and about six heavy commuter rail trains a day during rush hour, that squeal to the stop a couple of miles down the tracks.

The house is also a block away from a construction site with bulldozers, cement trucks, and loud engines of some kind running all day. Sometimes there's also hammering or other pounding with power tools.

Even with the window closed, the rumbling through the cheap wood frame wall is relentless. I am very eager to get my new business going so I can afford to move to an extremely quiet place to sleep. And either there or at a separate office, have an extremely quiet place to work. As soon as that happens, I know my productivity will shoot up four or five fold to what it is now.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
I've had the same thought as you.

When I lived at last apartment I had noise coming from above. Now I live on floor two of two, it's more bearable from under than noise from above you. But I have no complaints for my neighbours.

Only this one time when a dog was left alone and barked for hours. I was about to go insane!

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
Sure makes sense. Perhaps you can offer hearing reduction surgery, or frontal lobotomies. Go to the source of the problem: the human perceptual apparatus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.