The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I hate every phone RANT

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I go through this about every 3 months. I get a new phone that is supposed to change my life and then it sucks. Every time. I have not liked a phone since I stepped up to the first iphone. Now that phone definitely sucks.

Thinking about going back to apple for one big reason. Battery life. My android phone maybe lasts 5 hours off the charger if I barely touch it. In what effed up world is that acceptable? I used to go on vacation without a charger when I had a motorola razor.

Frankly I miss fast simplicity. My android has everything but the kitchen sink but it is shitty at being a phone, I dread checking my notifications on it. I am going to get everything apple by the end of the year...

I am probably going to hate the 5s or whatever the hell I end up with too... I want a phone I can tolerate for more than 3 months.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
If you wouldn't play Angry Birds for 5 hours...

I like my iPhone. My sister just went from a Droid to the iPhone 4 and got an extended battery. I think it makes the phone too bulky, but it lasts her all day. I can't think of a reason to go back to Droid. I liked the Razor as well.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I basically work from home. I do some field stuff and leave it plugged in to the car charger, so it isnt the biggest deal. To give you an idea. I unplug the bastard to go golfing yesterday afternoon, I drive an hour play 18 holes and in the bar afterwards I got to send a few emails and it died...

The apple phones have better accessories. Like the extended cases. I bet it is still a hell of a lot smaller than my Otterbox.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I use a flip phone to make and answer calls and a tablet to answer e-mails. Wi-fi is available almost everywhere. Just recently, Marriott started offering complementary Wi-fi (it used to cost $10 a day).

Screw cellular internet. It sucks hardcore. I'd rather pay the $10 to not have to use it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My phone is a business expense. I need to be able to send and receive emails on it. Even further, I need to be able to tether the 4g to my computer.

I use email for business far more than the phone part. My phone is 75% email device. I have a tablet too. I will probably sell it and get an ipad once I get the phone.

Contract is up with AT&T in November and I am switching to sprint. Will save about $100 per month.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Louis CK is hilarious. I used to listen to the comedy station on XM and he would get me laughing so hard.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
Android doesn't seem to throttle the CPU to save battery unless you download an app to do that. I'm using CPU Tuner but I had to tweak the default settings to get it how I like it.

I think this is the main problem with battery on a lot of android phones. They have no concept of 'idle'. One thing (only thing) the sh!tty microsoft PDA phones I used 7-8 years ago did right.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Agreed, however the throttling apps on Android also suck. It makes the phone as laggy as a 90s computer until it gets up to full blast.

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
Ahh yes, I remember having a phone in the early 2000's and only having to charge that bad boy like once or twice a week, LOL. Fast forward to last year, when I was doing all kinds of meetings with clients with my Blackberry, and having to run to the car to charge it, just to send an email or make a call. Damn you smartphone!

It's like, the more advanced phones get, the shittier the battery life gets haha. Though I do understand they're little computers with complex tasks.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well at least some of the morphie cases can help. I doubt id ever be able to go back to a phone without one once i got one.

Think the iphone 5 will be out by November? Im switching carriers.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
my buddy just got the galaxy s3 and says the battery lasts all day and then some. Be careful with Sprint, they are very deceptive on their coverage, 4G is non existent. It wears battery life down considerably as the phone is always searching for signal even if you upgrade phones. Of course this is dependent on where you are but here in Minneapolis metro sprint sucks. I am getting the galaxy s3 on Verizon in the next week or two, much better coverage and helps battery life with a stronger consistent signal. If you do a lot of web surfing/email, you'll appreciate the larger screen. I'd never go back to an iphone until they make the screen similar size to galaxy and other droid phones.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah I have heard that, but I live in Houston. Should be close enough for government work. ATT is the carrier that sucks here. Verizon is usually the best, but expensive for a single line.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
A phone is a phone, its just an expense. I keep mine for the 2 year contract because I'm cheap.

I have an Iphone 4s 64G and it works just fine. Dropped it in the mud a few times as well, surprisingly durable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.