The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got a problem I hope somebody can help

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
At the moment I'm writing a manual or book a how to guide in a specific industry

I read in a guide that it is realistic to sell max 5000 - 10000 copies that 100 000 copies or millions is an unrealistic amount
But I studies that in the industry I'm writing in there's a very famous book on the topic I'm writing on which has sold for atleast 10 million copies
At the moment I'm writing the book / manual and it's not done yet
But I got two options
to either sell the book in the traditional book way through amazon or kindle etc or I can
create a website with a sales page and sell it as an ebook and get paid through paypal
What do you thing is the best way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Yup both indeed. and as said above: Do not put on KDP select. as then you're "Signing" a "Contract" that you'll only publish it on there.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Working on a similar project, kind of going with the wind on this one tho.

I know some of these guys will rip into me about how I wont make a penny and I'm doing it all wrong, but I'm doing this as a hobby/test. To really find out what I'm working with and what I need to do differently to attain better results.

I'm about 60-70% done with the book/guide it's self, and plan to market it on my own through a simple sales page (website) that I have created. It's simple yet professional looking.

As I said, I'm just doing this for a side hustle.

Step 1 Finish the book. Step 2 Finalize the web presence Step 3 Hustle the shit out of it.

I'll let you know how it works out.

good luck on your project!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I had similar doubts on how to proceed.

I think selling directly versus selling on Amazon is an interesting debate. After studying stuff thoroughly, I came to the conclusion that for me it makes more sense to create low priced books for Amazon rather than pushing higher priced ones, at least right now.
It depends on a lot of factors. Your skills, your budget, the nature and niche of the product.

I get where the "test both" crowd is coming from, but I don't agree. I don't think the two options are appropriate for the same kind of product, so I don't see the benefit of testing the wrong one.
Of course, I might be wrong. It's a judgment call one has to make based on his own experience and vision.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.