Hi guys,
I just wanted to share the beginning of my journey with you guys.
After what felt like an eternity, I finally handed my resignation from my 6 figures job to return to my country and focus full time on pursuing my entrepreneurial goals.
After delivering the news, I received all sorts of comments and impressions from my environment and my coworkers, many people told me if I were crazy and many other secretly admitted they were jealous and wish they had the guts to do the same and even told me about their ideas and their dreamed projects.
That made me realize how many people out there have excellent ideas and the ability to successfully execute them (I have worked with them and know their potential) but are not acting just because of fear.
That same fear I didn't want to admit I had until the situation at my job got really unsustainable (which happened several months ago). It was in that moment when I had to look deep inside and face my inner demons and be complete sincere with myself.
I then realized that entrepreneurship is risky, but so is a job, (specially in my company that had been through several reestructutings and they are quite "trigger happy" at firing). At the end what did I have to lose? If everything went bad I could always go back to my industry. So I made the determination, I had to wait because of a signing bonus clause that would have made me owe them money I didn't have, so I decided to wait and save for my venture so I could start with a good cushion. I don't know if that was a good choice or not but it is done.
But the day has come and I finally handed my resignation, I couldn't feel more motivated having eliminated this huge headwinds (job + location).
I have several viable entrepreneurial projects in mind but I decided to focus on the craziest and riskiest one, which is also the one with higher potential and I have been working in it for a while.
I also want to encourage all that people who wants to do it but are scared: take the leap, try it, after all, if it does not work, you can always go back to do the same... if you still want to.
I will keep you posted with my progress
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I just wanted to share the beginning of my journey with you guys.
After what felt like an eternity, I finally handed my resignation from my 6 figures job to return to my country and focus full time on pursuing my entrepreneurial goals.
After delivering the news, I received all sorts of comments and impressions from my environment and my coworkers, many people told me if I were crazy and many other secretly admitted they were jealous and wish they had the guts to do the same and even told me about their ideas and their dreamed projects.
That made me realize how many people out there have excellent ideas and the ability to successfully execute them (I have worked with them and know their potential) but are not acting just because of fear.
That same fear I didn't want to admit I had until the situation at my job got really unsustainable (which happened several months ago). It was in that moment when I had to look deep inside and face my inner demons and be complete sincere with myself.
I then realized that entrepreneurship is risky, but so is a job, (specially in my company that had been through several reestructutings and they are quite "trigger happy" at firing). At the end what did I have to lose? If everything went bad I could always go back to my industry. So I made the determination, I had to wait because of a signing bonus clause that would have made me owe them money I didn't have, so I decided to wait and save for my venture so I could start with a good cushion. I don't know if that was a good choice or not but it is done.
But the day has come and I finally handed my resignation, I couldn't feel more motivated having eliminated this huge headwinds (job + location).
I have several viable entrepreneurial projects in mind but I decided to focus on the craziest and riskiest one, which is also the one with higher potential and I have been working in it for a while.
I also want to encourage all that people who wants to do it but are scared: take the leap, try it, after all, if it does not work, you can always go back to do the same... if you still want to.
I will keep you posted with my progress
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
