When I have read "Unscripted " the idea of "action ---> assess ---> adjust" really appealed to me. But the adjusting step is so HARD that it makes me feel stupid.
I know (intellectually) what mistakes I make while talking with clients and doing marketing etc. but no matter how hard I try, those lessons from taking action can not be adjusted (put into my skills).
For example I have lost a lead. I know exactly what mistakes I had made. My way of selling wasn't persuasive. Right after the call ended I knew that this potential client won't buy from me. I was right, cuz she has cancelled my service day before it was supposed to be delivered.
Learning process as en entrepreneur seems really though. My expectations were to high. I knew a lot about theoretical business. But after ~6-7 months it still seems like banging my head into a wall when it comes to skills.
I wonder if I don't take too much skills to learn at once. The (stricte) business skills I am focusing on right now are around digital marketing:
- Website/funnels
- Social media marketing
- Persuasion/Selling via phone/Storytelling
- Editing videos
+ The rest like taxes, managing ppl etc.
How long does it take to be advanced in your actions? Does this process comes naturally when you regularly push yourself?
I know (intellectually) what mistakes I make while talking with clients and doing marketing etc. but no matter how hard I try, those lessons from taking action can not be adjusted (put into my skills).
For example I have lost a lead. I know exactly what mistakes I had made. My way of selling wasn't persuasive. Right after the call ended I knew that this potential client won't buy from me. I was right, cuz she has cancelled my service day before it was supposed to be delivered.
Learning process as en entrepreneur seems really though. My expectations were to high. I knew a lot about theoretical business. But after ~6-7 months it still seems like banging my head into a wall when it comes to skills.
I wonder if I don't take too much skills to learn at once. The (stricte) business skills I am focusing on right now are around digital marketing:
- Website/funnels
- Social media marketing
- Persuasion/Selling via phone/Storytelling
- Editing videos
+ The rest like taxes, managing ppl etc.
How long does it take to be advanced in your actions? Does this process comes naturally when you regularly push yourself?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
