• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What to do while learning?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by razzhimself, May 14, 2019.

1. razzhimself

razzhimself New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Hi, Just posted an introduction post a while ago.
    I've started learning Programming (Java)
    and some NPD Concepts towards my idea.
    But now it seems like nothing goes and i mean by getting experience while I'm just learning.
    Should I do something beside have a regular job. like a quick side hustle or something with low capital ? Just for the refrence experience . Or should I just get going with my Idea and not be waiting until i finish my studies and hire some experts right away (for % of the revenues or something , another thing i should learn is how to build a team without any capital .. )

Thanks ahead for any help .

2. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,184
    Take action, stop learning and learn by starting a business, not by consuming.

Numerous threads on here about side hustles, how to start with no money etc.

Look around.

Find something you can do right now. ( Business you can start) and go already!

3. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,028
    You will learn far more by taking action and getting your feet wet than by any form of passive studying.

For starters you will discover the things that you never knew you needed to know until you dived in.

Also bear in mind it is very difficult to hire experts solely on the promise of equity/revenue share for an unknown/new venture.

Ask yourself would you be willing to spend a considerable amount of your free time building a product for someone else for no concrete financial reward? No, I wouldn't either. People who have skills that align well with startups will probably get offers like this several times a month. I know I used to when I had a website marketing business many years ago.

It is very difficult to build something with nothing. Especially if it's a big something you are trying to create. So a low capital 'side hustle' that you can build on your own that doesn't require you to learn complex programming languages etc. is where I would begin.

4. razzhimself

razzhimself New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $12
    Really appriciate your response .
    I know for sure i need to start taking real action in order to learn deeply all different values and lessons.
    If you have something to add like impactful posts on the forum or any other advice, I will be more than grateful :)

RazorCut likes this.
  5. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,184

Here's something impactful. START A BUSINESS NOW STOP ACTION FAKING.

RazorCut likes this.
  6. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,028
    The forum is full of impactful posts however spending time reading one thread after another can just lead to inactivity disguised as research. You really need to be doing rather than thinking. I'm a firm believer in small consistent action over time rather than massive action over a short period as that creates a useful habit that will stand you in good stead throughout your life.

If you consistently move forward on a regular basis you will reach your destination. If you make one massive effort which takes you half way and then lose interest and do no more you never reap those rewards.

So find something that interests you, that will hold your attention for a long period of time and ideally will be beneficial to your long term plan; the business you ultimately want to build when you have more resources available to you.

If you are starting from scratch then maybe consider something like website design or internet marketing. These are easier skills to master than computer programming and will prove useful later on. But you have to have an interest otherwise you won't stick with it.

Timmy C likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.