The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I feel like I can't make money because I don't have money.

A post of a ranting nature...

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
This post might inspire you with some ideas. A lot more is possible than you realize.

If English is not your first language but you still want to do youtube, recreate something for your country and in your language that was wildly successful in English. It could be something that's simple and basic, but as long as it doesn't exist yet (or isn't being executed well) in your language, you could have a surefire winner. Think of a channel that people in your country have to be bilingual to enjoy because there's no [your language] version of it, and then take action to make a version of that for your home audience.

Copy what's working for others. Be relentless about solving problems. Don't let little things like thumbnails stand in your way. If the best thing you're capable of on your thumbnail is a black screen and white text - do that the first few times until you get more comfortable with Canva or Figma. Just release something. And then do it again. And again. Pivot and adjust based on what you see working.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Nov 15, 2022
You can download caput or DaVinci resolve (they're free) and you can learn to edit. You can then edit your videos your channel. You can even sell video editing and graphic design to other youtubers

Last edited:

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Whenever I find an idea I realize that the only reason I can't take action is because I don't have enough money. For example right now I have a YouTube channel idea, but I am not a native english speaker so I need to hire someone from fiverr for voiceover. I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails. I know that it sounds like I am trying to find excuses but I am really trying my best. I feel like you can't escape the slowlane if you live in a third world country.
You can, it just takes more time if you're from a third-world country (from Bosnia and Herzegovina here).

Keep doing your best and learn all the facets of your business, from making videos to copyediting to designing and it will happen. It just won't happen overnight.

Trust the process and work on it.

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
even though i see your point, all you did was to give 'just do this bro' advice. not helpful at all.
you're very fortunate that anyone bothered to give you more advice after dismissing this guys thoughtful reply. Your mindset is the only thing holding you back.

G

GuestUserx253

All weak excuses.

You speak this "rant" as if people are born with these particular skills.

Did you know when I was born, I immediately knew how to start a forum? And write? And start a business?

I was born talented and lucky. Money wasn't required.
Hi, this might be a bit weird since I am writing this after a month. But after considering what everyone else told me, now I realize why I was so wrong about this post. Is it possible to delete this thread? I couldn't find a way to do that. Thanks. Also I am sorry for the ignorant/arrogant things I told you guys... @piano @kommen @Costa and others I couldn't tag.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Hi, this might be a bit weird since I am writing this after a month. But after considering what everyone else told me, now I realize why I was so wrong about this post. Is it possible to delete this thread? I couldn't find a way to do that. Thanks. Also I am sorry for the ignorant/arrogant things I told you guys... @piano @kommen @Costa and others I couldn't tag.
Unfortunately you can't delete threads. But you are not alone. There are many of the popular users here where if you scroll down their profile enough, you'll find the old embarrassing things they posted.

When I was new to this forum, I did something similar as you, and I suspect most users here also did something like that too.

Just help people, one at a time. Use your creativity to solve problems then come back here to make us proud!

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
It also takes guts to take the humility and apologize like this. This kind of habit will help you in your entrepreneurial journey too, so keep it up! Most people wouldn't even do this.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Whenever I find an idea I realize that the only reason I can't take action is because I don't have enough money. For example right now I have a YouTube channel idea, but I am not a native english speaker so I need to hire someone from fiverr for voiceover. I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails. I know that it sounds like I am trying to find excuses but I am really trying my best. I feel like you can't escape the slowlane if you live in a third world country.
Funding is important, but its a plan that's worth more. My grandfather started a television repair company with a screwdriver and a cheap voltage meter, and succeeded. I have a little money to fund my ideas but mostly everything comes down to effort and hard work - putting skin in the game. I spend a lot of time reading and implementing, and talking to good contacts that can help me get where I need to be. Invest the money into yourself to get somewhere

Edit: I missed where you changed your attitude to the situation. You'll get there, my message may have seemed harsh because your previous responses created the perception that you were asking for help but just wanted to argue. Now that I saw that you wanted to take back your responses, and that's a great attribute to have. Not taking confrontation negatively but using it to reassess your actions and thoughts.

Last edited:

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
It's supercool you had the humility to listen and courage to come back and post what you have above.

Hopefully now you can see that you can make it happen (yes it's possibly harder from a 3rd world country, but that makes the juice taste even sweeter when you get it). I hope you take this fire and go make it happen. And come back here to ask questions with an open mind along the way and you will probably get some good perspectives.

pbird

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 14, 2023
I am 18 and a student. even if i work full time i get something like $300 per month. do you think learning all the skills i listed in my first message would be better than trying to hire someone?
I do because once you learn those skills you have them. Why pay for something you could learn if it potentially would benefit you time and time again?

ChasingDream97

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jun 19, 2023
Whenever I find an idea I realize that the only reason I can't take action is because I don't have enough money. For example right now I have a YouTube channel idea, but I am not a native english speaker so I need to hire someone from fiverr for voiceover. I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails. I know that it sounds like I am trying to find excuses but I am really trying my best. I feel like you can't escape the slowlane if you live in a third world country
You don't have a money problem you have a thinking problem.
Every problem you have can be fixed by thinking creatively.

For instance I am not a native English speaker
Take lessons to improve your pronunciation.
You live in the internet age .
If you can't figure it out here you can't figure it out anywhere
By this I mean find free resources online.
It will take up a bit of your time but everything has a cost.
Sometimes it's money and sometimes it's time.

Or work on your social skills and strike up a friendship with native English speaker who will voice your video free of charge.

You just got to be good sales man.

Don't know how to edit videos.
Easy you have a brain research it until you've got the hang of it or find a group where someone can teach you it bc it's their passion.
I recommend Reddit for this

Being a third world country is actually the biggest opportunity of all because it keeps you hungry
Whilst a 1st worlder will get complacent bc even a normal 9-5 job is pretty good
And remember there is money in every country
If you can't find it you're in the wrong place and crowds

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!