The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I feel like I can't make money because I don't have money.

A post of a ranting nature...
G

GuestUserx253

Whenever I find an idea I realize that the only reason I can't take action is because I don't have enough money. For example right now I have a YouTube channel idea, but I am not a native english speaker so I need to hire someone from fiverr for voiceover. I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails. I know that it sounds like I am trying to find excuses but I am really trying my best. I feel like you can't escape the slowlane if you live in a third world country.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Whenever I find an idea I realize that the only reason I can't take action is because I don't have enough money. For example right now I have a YouTube channel idea, but I am not a native english speaker so I need to hire someone from fiverr for voiceover. I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails. I know that it sounds like I am trying to find excuses but I am really trying my best. I feel like you can't escape the slowlane if you live in a third world country.
Sure it's hard, but not impossible

Suck at English? Learn it.
Don't have money? Get a job or side hustle.
You don't wanna learn English? Then make content for your mother tongue.
I also need someone to design thumbnails.
Bro, 13yo me created yt videos on a PLAYSTATION.
It's all excuses.

G

GuestUserx253

Sure it's hard, but not impossible

Suck at English? Learn it.
Don't have money? Get a job or side hustle.
You don't wanna learn English? Then make content for your mother tongue.

Bro, 13yo me created yt videos on a PLAYSTATION.
It's all excuses.
you might be right, thank you for your opinion.

do you think i can make money if i really try hard?

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
A

Anon45x4yB

Hi.
A tv-serie (on primevid if you are in usa ) : Undercover Billionaire. It can show you how people can start from scratch and grow a profitable buisness.

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
do you think i can make money if i really try hard?
I mean, if you have a healthy body and mind, and don't live in a shit hole like North Korea, then sure.
Somebody who keeps working and doesn't give up is like an Übermensch. Do you think an Übermensch would lose? Yes he would, but one day he'd win something that would make everybody forget his defeats.

G

GuestUserx253

Personally I love the advice from @BizyDad (IDEA - CHAT - Having to many ideas)

"If I had no money, I would choose whichever I could make "profitable" fastest. By profitable, I mean at least able to support myself and one employee, plus expenses with some left over to fuel growth."
I am 18 and a student. even if i work full time i get something like $300 per month. do you think learning all the skills i listed in my first message would be better than trying to hire someone?

piano

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
I am 18 and a student. even if i work full time i get something like $300 per month. do you think learning all the skills i listed in my first message would be better than trying to hire someone?
Well, if you can use money reliably to speed up the process, then you should probably use it.
However, that's not my expertise. I'd look at the threads of @Andy Black or ask the forum again if you can't find the answer you're looking for.
Also, what you're describing is outsourcing I think. We probably have a bunch of such threads of this topic on this forum. Use the search function for it!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
As long as you can speak well enough to be understood it is not necessary to be a native speaker.

Jake Tran does not speak like a native speaker. Not stopping him from getting millions of fans.

When he hired someone to speak his fans said they missed his accent.

Native speakers tend to be good in their language and that give them a better ability to comprehend the language wrapped in different accents better than non-native speakers who struggle to understand less than perfect English.

G

GuestUserx253

As long as you can speak well enough to be understood it is not necessary to be a native speaker.

Jake Tran does not speak like a native speaker. Not stopping him from getting millions of fans.
yeah this is actually not a problem for speaking, but writing video scripts is really hard since i only know basic words that are used in daily life. what do you think about learning skills in a year instead of using all my money to hire freelancers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
yeah this is actually not a problem for speaking, but writing video scripts are really hard since i only know basic words that are used in daily life. what do you think about learning skills in a year instead of using all my money to hire freelancers?
You can use ai to assist you. ChatGPT for instance.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
You don't need a LOT of money, but you can bootstrap what grows to an 8 figure business on a very LIMITED amount of money (we started with less than $2K). We needed to budget some for products, advertising and design work (and testing, testing testing). Not all products or ideas will grow to fruition and you gotta be very deliberate what to chop and what to keep investing in especially when you are short on funds.

Do whatever you got to do to start getting some cash flow in. A job, freelance work or hustles but def get some money rolling in to start setting up your business.

Good luck.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
611%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
Third world here (Venezuela)

You must accept your situation, leave the arrogance of wanting to do everything as you wish. There are people who have everything easy, and others who have to work 10x times to have only 10% of their results.

Your priority is not to start a business, your priority is move out to the first world.
Just F*cking Move out, you are not a tree.

"It's not easy" Of course not. Life is NOT fair, and you're supposed to know that. If you can't do YouTube, do something else. And if you don't wanna do something else, then don't complain and don't demand to achieve your dreams if you're not willing to make it happen.

Here in "third world shitty countries" we are experts at making excuses and playing the "poor me, poor me" victim. We are lazy and cowards. That is why in this side of the world nothing works, we are all broke and we have zero freedom.

"I dont have money to hire thumbnail designer and I don't wanna learn graphic design to make my own thumbnails" Dude, in Canva you can make thumbnails in 2 clicks. "But the templates are Premium" You can get Pro accounts for free (legal). Do you know what Google is?

"I don't speak English fluently", then learn it. I've been studying English for almost 10 years and I can't even F*cking speak like a normal person. Because I want to master this awesome and global language, and that can only be achieved by working and leaving excuses aside.

Nowadays fastlaners makes lazy people life more easier, so that's why you don't even need speak English.
You can use a site called "Eleven Labs" and you have very human-ish voices for free. But you didn't know that, because you spend 5 hours complaining, instead of looking for alternatives and researching to achieve your goals.

Go back to read books, research and even if you don't have any money, try to do something, if it's been 2 years with that business and you still don't make money, then come back to the forum to ask for help.

I don't understand why you are so anxious and arrogant to create or start something in which you have neither knowledge nor resources. If you are gonna start something because it's "Trendy and everyone it's doing it", better go watch Netflix, you will save yourself a lot of problems.

Do your Best or do nothing, that's how this world works, it's a blood ocean with sharks around you.
Because being average, mediocre, poor and lazy is very easy, fun and comfy.
Entrepreneurship and Business is not for everyone.

G

GuestUserx253

You don't need a LOT of money, but you can bootstrap what grows to an 8 figure business on a very LIMITED amount of money (we started with less than $2K). We needed to budget some for products, advertising and design work (and testing, testing testing). Not all products or ideas will grow to fruition and you gotta be very deliberate what to chop and what to keep investing in especially when you are short on funds.

Do whatever you got to do to start getting some cash flow in. A job, freelance work or hustles but def get some money rolling in to start setting up your business.

Good luck.
thank you for your advice. may i ask what's your business about?

G

GuestUserx253

You must accept your situation, leave the arrogance of wanting to do everything as you wish. There are people who have everything easy, and others who have to work 10x times to have only 10% of their results.

Your priority is not to start a business, your priority is move out to the first world.

"It's not easy" Of course not. Life is NOT fair, and you're supposed to know that. If you can't do YouTube, do something else. And if you don't wanna do something else, then don't complain and don't demand to achieve your dreams if you're not willing to make it happen.

Here in "third world shitty countries" we are experts at making excuses and playing the "poor me, poor me" victim. We are lazy and cowards. That is why in this side of the world nothing works, we are all broke and we have zero freedom.

"I dont have money to hire thumbnail designer and I don't wanna learn graphic design to make my own thumbnails" Dude, in Canva you can make thumbnails in 2 clicks. "But the templates are Premium" You can get Pro accounts for free (legal). Do you know what Google is?

"I don't speak English fluently", then learn it. I've been studying English for almost 10 years and I can't even F*cking speak like a normal person. Because I want to master this awesome and global language, and that can only be achieved by working and leaving excuses aside.

Nowadays fastlaners makes lazy people life more easier, so that's why you don't even need speak English.
You can use a site called "Eleven Labs" and you have very human-ish voices for free. But you didn't know that, because you spend 5 hours complaining, instead of looking for alternatives and researching to achieve your goals.

Go back to read books, research and even if you don't have any money, try to do something, if it's been 2 years with that business and you still don't make money, then come back to the forum to ask for help.

I don't understand why you are so anxious and arrogant to create or start something in which you have neither knowledge nor resources. If you are gonna start something because it's "Trendy and everyone it's doing it", better go watch Netflix, you will save yourself a lot of problems.

Do your Best or do nothing, that's how this world works, it's a blood ocean with sharks around you.
even though i see your point, all you did was to give 'just do this bro' advice. not helpful at all.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
I don't know how to edit videos to keep the attention of the audience so I need to hire someone to edit videos. I also need someone to design thumbnails.
whats stopping you to learn how to edit videos and design thumbnails? be honest.

of course this is a wall you need to climb up to but when you up there you can help others getting over the wall or going further.

do you realy think mj said back then:
„shit i don’t know how to code a website, i need to hire a full team of developers but i don’t have money so lets put this into trash and search for something easier“

no.

What did mj do? he learned the skills from books in library’s and just did it without looking to make the perfect product at the start. the important part is that he made a product and you should too! just start to make your first product and then adjust your first product with the skills you learning overtime.

Whats realy stopping you is your mindset.

Just start, put your videos out there and show us that you are taking steps to make good youtube videos.

G

GuestUserx253

whats stopping you to learn how to edit videos and design thumbnails? be honest.

of course this is a wall you need to climb up to but when you up there you can help others getting over the wall or going further.

do you realy think mj said back then:
„shit i don’t know how to code a website, i need to hire a full team of developers but i don’t have money so lets put this into trash and search for something easier“

no.

What did mj do? he learned the skills from books in library’s and just did it without looking to make the perfect product at the start. the important part is that he made a product and you should too! just start to make your first product and then adjust your first product with the skills you learning overtime.

Whats realy stopping you is your mindset.

Just start, put your videos out there and show us that you are taking steps to make good youtube videos.
you are right. i already started learning video editing.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
yeah this is actually not a problem for speaking, but writing video scripts are really hard since i only know basic words that are used in daily life. what do you think about learning skills in a year instead of using all my money to hire freelancers?

None of your posts in this thread suggest that you have any significant difficulty in writing English - I am on many forums for various interests, and FB, and it'd be great if everyone born in the UK who writes and speaks English natively could do so as well as you seem to be able to. I can't tell how long it takes you to write each post, of course, and none of them look like a typical google translate output, so if you're slaving away for an hour on each reply, I withdraw my comment. But you seem to be OK, from what I can read.

If you're writing scripts for a voiceover person to read out for a video, I'd expect any kind of decent VO person would be prepared to smooth out any rough edges, though that might mean you can't use the cheapest ones.

G

GuestUserx253

None of your posts in this thread suggest that you have any significant difficulty in writing English - I am on many forums for various interests, and FB, and it'd be great if everyone born in the UK who writes and speaks English natively could do so as well as you seem to be able to. I can't tell how long it takes you to write each post, of course, and none of them look like a typical google translate output, so if you're slaving away for an hour on each reply, I withdraw my comment. But you seem to be OK, from what I can read.

If you're writing scripts for a voiceover person to read out for a video, I'd expect any kind of decent VO person would be prepared to smooth out any rough edges, though that might mean you can't use the cheapest ones.
thank you for your reply. i don't spend too much time thinking about what i'm going to write so reading that made me kind of happy. i found a website with realistic ai voices and i already know basic level of editing. is it okay for me to dm you to get a feedback when i publish my first video in a few weeks?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

A similar thread:

G

GuestUserx253

A similar thread:

that was really helpful thanks

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I've found that @Andy Black 's "Help people, get paid, help more people" quote useful. He talks about it here and his signatures:

If you turn the Fastlane to a lifestyle long enough, your mindset will shift over months and you'll eventually realize that literally every human in the world only cares about a result for themselves and their family. Use your creativity and problem-solving skills to bring results to people. Listening is the most important skill here, so you can know what results a person wants.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

All weak excuses.

You speak this "rant" as if people are born with these particular skills.

Did you know when I was born, I immediately knew how to start a forum? And write? And start a business?

I was born talented and lucky. Money wasn't required.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The beautiful thing is that I don't need to argue with you.

The punishment for being wrong is you have to live the life your wrong thoughts create for you.

And I get to enjoy the life that my correct thoughts create for me.

My only request is when you see me with miss slovakia and I'm driving a Koenigsegg, PLEASE do not bother me, no matter how unfairly lucky you think I am.

If anyone has ever succeeded while living in a 3rd world country, then you are wrong. Simple. I have to find my way around obstacles every day. I have to be creative and turn bad situations into advantages often. I literally think I can do basically anything.

You don't need money to make money. No one will buy your money! People buy products and services. You need products and services. If you can't afford a product, make people pay for it upfront before it's created. Or, roll up your sleeves. You have two arms and two legs, you are the service. You have value sitting there in your hands and brain working together. Use it and if you are intelligent you can turn it into all the money you need to get ahead.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
take this

It needs 250$, you can do it in any mother tongue, even if you speak Dzonghka because there are even businesses needing online marketing in Bhutan.

All you need is hustle.

ggekko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 28, 2019
Houston
Back in 2003, I was a broker in commercial real estate and wanted to be an owner. I had no dough. I found an apartment investor and offered to help him bring in partners (you got to know the investor VERY well) for a fee. Ended up owning 7.5% of a 143 unit deal, 7.5% of a 120 unit deal and 20% of a 64 unit deal (put about $40K on credit cards for 20% ownership).
Help others find money, earn a fee and plow that into your business idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.