- Joined
- Jun 4, 2021
- Messages
- 4
Rep Bank
$125
$125
User Power: 25%
Hi, I've been feeling like this since I had the intention to start a business, and it's really holding me back.
When I started looking for a job as a fresh graduate I found this person who was helping people like me to get really good job opportunities in tech. This was the beginning of his coaching business, I accepted the program and I actually paid him $5k for his services. Long story short, I was one of his first clients so we became really good friends, plus I was able to land a job that payed way more than expected so I'm 100% happy about this decision.
It's been more than a year now and his business has kept growing but he is only serving certain "segment" of the market. But over the same period of time I've seen that there are a lot of people still struggling with this problem and I know he's not interested in serving them, also I've been learning more about the subject by myself, so I know that I can also serve those people maybe with a different approach that I have in mind. I'm in the process of validiting the market but each time that I work on the idea I feel that I'm betraying him, because I'll work on his niche in a similar business model.
Does that make sense? Some people had told me that I should not be feeling this because business is business and that we can all earn something. But I am scared that if I'm able to grow it, at some point he'll find out, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time I'm afraid to ask him about this for the same reason.
Thanks for reading btw!
When I started looking for a job as a fresh graduate I found this person who was helping people like me to get really good job opportunities in tech. This was the beginning of his coaching business, I accepted the program and I actually paid him $5k for his services. Long story short, I was one of his first clients so we became really good friends, plus I was able to land a job that payed way more than expected so I'm 100% happy about this decision.
It's been more than a year now and his business has kept growing but he is only serving certain "segment" of the market. But over the same period of time I've seen that there are a lot of people still struggling with this problem and I know he's not interested in serving them, also I've been learning more about the subject by myself, so I know that I can also serve those people maybe with a different approach that I have in mind. I'm in the process of validiting the market but each time that I work on the idea I feel that I'm betraying him, because I'll work on his niche in a similar business model.
Does that make sense? Some people had told me that I should not be feeling this because business is business and that we can all earn something. But I am scared that if I'm able to grow it, at some point he'll find out, and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but at the same time I'm afraid to ask him about this for the same reason.
Thanks for reading btw!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
