The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't know what do with my life at the moment

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I would like to start by letting you know that I love The Millionaire Fastlane & Unscripted (I've read 50% of the book so far, still on it).

I'm writing in the forum because I can't find good advice anywhere else...

My life sucks at the moment. I live between Spain and Northern Ireland.

I don't know if I should stay in sunny and beautiful Spain while doing my best at succeding at entrepreneurship, living with little money while building myself and my business.

Or to stay in ugly and shitty northern Ireland while being unhappy in a shit job with bad weather, shit food, and stress. There, I would also build my business and myself, but I just stay there because there I can get a job and make some money. In Spain, I don't have any job and I don't make money.

Reading Unscripted , I realized that value is more important than money, and I think I should stay in Spain, while working hard on my business and making no money at the beginning.

I'm starting an online consulting business for eCommerce brands. Nothing to do with a marketing agency, I don't like them.

Northern Ireland (UK)
Positive:
Jobs everywhere, good economy, easy to run businesses, easy to start businesses
Negative:
Bad weather, jobs are shit anyways, bad food quality, poor lifestyle, ugly country

Spain
Positive:
Amazing weather, I live near the beach, I have friends (I know it's not so important for business), food is amazing, great lifestyle, more vitamin D and more happiness.
Negative:
Shit economy, hard to start a business, high unemployment rate, low salaries.

I don't know what to do. Should I choose Northern Ireland or Spain? What would MJ do? What would you do? Am I being greedy for wanting Northern Ireland(UK)? Should I stay in Spain and build my business here?

EDIT:

I would like to add that I've been in the UK for 2 months working a shit job in night shit.

I've used WADM (Weighted Average Decision Matrix) when I was reading TMF and that helped me to decide to go to the UK but now I'm starting to change my mind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
Hi everyone,
I would like to start by letting you know that I love The Millionaire Fastlane & Unscripted (I've read 50% of the book so far, still on it).

I'm writing in the forum because I can't find good advice anywhere else...

My life sucks at the moment. I live between Spain and Northern Ireland.

I don't know if I should stay in sunny and beautiful Spain while doing my best at succeding at entrepreneurship, living with little money while building myself and my business.

Or to stay in ugly and shitty northern Ireland while being unhappy in a shit job with bad weather, shit food, and stress. There, I would also build my business and myself, but I just stay there because there I can get a job and make some money. In Spain, I don't have any job and I don't make money.

Reading Unscripted , I realized that value is more important than money, and I think I should stay in Spain, while working hard on my business and making no money at the beginning.

I'm starting an online consulting business for eCommerce brands. Nothing to do with a marketing agency, I don't like them.

Northern Ireland (UK)
Positive:
Jobs everywhere, good economy, easy to run businesses, easy to start businesses
Negative:
Bad weather, jobs are shit anyways, bad food quality, poor lifestyle, ugly country

Spain
Positive:
Amazing weather, I live near the beach, I have friends (I know it's not so important for business), food is amazing, great lifestyle, more vitamin D and more happiness.
Negative:

I don't know what to do. Should I choose Northern Ireland or Spain? What would MJ do? What would you do? Am I being greedy for wanting Northern Ireland(UK)? Should I stay in Spain and build my business here?
In TMF chapter 24, MJ writes that he uses WADM, Weighted Average Decision Matrix. to weigh out decisions for him. By stating all the factors you just used like weather, cost of living, friends and family, food etc, you write a number between 1 and 10, 10 being the highest and give each a number rating for how good that might be, so you would give weather in Ireland like a 2 probably and food in Spain maybe an 8. Then rank each factor for how important to you, and times the number you gave by the rank number, and add it all up at the end. Based on own numbers you wrote down, the highest total is the better choice. I have used this multiple times in my life for decision-making.

Hope this helped.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
In TMF chapter 24, MJ writes that he uses WADM, Weighted Average Decision Matrix. to weigh out decisions for him. By stating all the factors you just used like weather, cost of living, friends and family, food etc, you write a number between 1 and 10, 10 being the highest and give each a number rating for how good that might be, so you would give weather in Ireland like a 2 probably and food in Spain maybe an 8. Then rank each factor for how important to you, and times the number you gave by the rank number, and add it all up at the end. Based on own numbers you wrote down, the highest total is the better choice. I have used this multiple times in my life for decision-making.

Hope this helped.
Hi! Thanks for your answer!!! I forgot to mention that I used WADM to move to northern Ireland, I feel stupid now.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

You are not really asking for advice, are you? I am reading your post and seeing whiny wannabe comfortable while I make easy millions "entrepreneur".

I can't tell you where to live or what to do. But I'll tell you that there was no lifestyle bullshit in my own decision making until I've hit a certain net worth.

I write this to you because I want you to snap out of it. You know what to do, you are just looking for someone to support you through a hard time in your life. To tell you "oh no, choose the sunshine and roses, you only live once... it's ok to take it easy". No. It is not. Fight for what you want, get there and enjoy what you earned!

You'll have the training for the grit you'll need in business. If all it takes is bad food, bad lifestyle and you are already whining... can you imagine what happens when you have a family to support but have a hiccup in your business?

Snap out of it. Post a progress thread on your business. What value are you adding? Why did you choose to become a consultant for e-commerce? Doesn't sound like you are a successful 8 figure exit from e-commerce... what problem are you solving?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

My dude, go back to Spain. At least you have a better foundation to work from.

But also, quit being a whimp. Who gives a shit about the economy? These are excuses. I live in a Latin American country and this is the norm. But you know what people do? They quit complaining and get to work.

You're not ready for entrepreneurship. It won't be your golden ticket to escape your present situation.
It is absolutely the hardest thing you will ever do, and you're not tough enough for it (yet). For now, do everything you can to improve your current situation.

— Quit making excuses.
— Go to Spain. Get a sick tan.
— Work HARD to find a gig. Don't give up!
— Eat well and lift heavy weights.
— Fill your mind with power, Motivational audio is fine, like Billy Alsbrooks.
— Hang out with cool friends who are winners.
— Find out what you're good at to make more money.
— Date around when you've got some free time (you won't, you'll be working).
— When you're ready, dive into entrepreneurship.

Finally...My signature is "Beliefs Have Consequences" for a reason.

If your life sucks, there's something about what you believe that's making it suck. Change it.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
You are not really asking for advice, are you? I am reading your post and seeing whiny wannabe comfortable while I make easy millions "entrepreneur".

I can't tell you where to live or what to do. But I'll tell you that there was no lifestyle bullshit in my own decision making until I've hit a certain net worth.
This is so true. I love everything that you said. Honestly, I concluded that it doesn't matter where I’m going to stay, in both cases, I must work hard to achieve success and there's no point in losing time and energy trying to figure out where to stay because I’ll be in the same situation with my business.

I write this to you because I want you to snap out of it. You know what to do, you are just looking for someone to support you through a hard time in your life. To tell you "oh no, choose the sunshine and roses, you only live once... it's ok to take it easy". No. It is not. Fight for what you want, get there and enjoy what you earned!
At some point, I know what to do, it's just that I'm too afraid of doing it. I know that success is all about short-term sacrifice, but I'm not saying that living in Spain will be easy.

The support thing is true. My friends are already telling me "you only live once, be happy with less" or "I'd rather be poor and live in a good place with beautiful weather"

I think I should make new friends in the first place and surround myself with like-minded people, and then, have a healthy lifestyle anywhere I'd live.
Snap out of it. Post a progress thread on your business. What value are you adding? Why did you choose to become a consultant for e-commerce? Doesn't sound like you are a successful 8 figure exit from e-commerce... what problem are you solving?

I didn't have an exit in eCommerce yet. The reason I chose consulting is that I can have experience in multiple eCommerce rather than running one and just having experience in just one. Also, I'm looking forward to starting my eCommerce next year. At the moment, I'm working with an existing eCommerce being like a "co-founder" for free to be able to learn everything while providing them value and building proof of concept. That way, I can get all the experience without having to invest time and money to build a new brand.

Honestly, at first, I wanted to follow the agency path, but I'm sick of it, I just see kids and people taking a course from someone that never had an eCommerce and I think it's a bad business.

The value I provide with my consulting firm is that I help eCommerce owners increase their net revenue and grow their brand without having to rely on agencies, and how I'll do it is by building them a team to replace what an agency would do or train the team they have already because the most successful companies don't have agencies, they have teams and culture.

The process would be:
1. Give done for you and done with your support to grow
2. And then build or train their teams and leave my clients

I'm willing to sacrifice Lifetime Value and stop working with a client to make him win.

I'm also open to advise and any critics you have about my business.

And thank you so much for posting a reply, I love this community so much, the fact that here you get advice from people that's succeeding and they tell you things you might not want to hear but are the truth, makes it so valuable.

Stefan.was.here

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 14, 2022
United Kingdom
That's what I was thinking... No matter where I'll live, I'll have to hustle. At least in Spain, I have some foundation.
But also, quit being a whimp. Who gives a shit about the economy? These are excuses. I live in a Latin American country and this is the norm. But you know what people do? They quit complaining and get to work.
That's something I've been struggling a lot with. I always had excuses about how bad is Spain but while I make these excuses I just keep watching how a lot of people make money and build successful businesses.

It is absolutely the hardest thing you will ever do
Hell yeah

For now, do everything you can to improve your current situation.
So true man. It's like that quote that says "you don't have business problems, you have personal problems reflected on your business".

— Quit making excuses.

If your life sucks, there's something about what you believe that's making it suck. Change it.
Thank you so much man. I truly need to change my beliefs and start being proactive.

JoeTube

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 13, 2022

You're not ready for entrepreneurship. It won't be your golden ticket to escape your present situation.
It is absolutely the hardest thing you will ever do, and you're not tough enough for it (yet). For now, do everything you can to improve your current situation.

— Quit making excuses.

This post is so much on point and super practical. Thanks Mike!

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
This is one of the smartest things I've read
It sounds smart, because its a quote:

"Flip a coin. When it’s in the air, you’ll know what side you’re hoping for."

Apparently said by NYC mobster Arnold Rothstein, but may just be some old wisdom.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.