Hi!
First post, and first entrepreneurship endeavour too!
I work as a convenience store cashier in the UK and had an idea for an online business. I asked 100 of the customers I served "would you use a website that tells you exactly where and what discounts are in your local area before you leave to go to the shops?".
55% said yes, 38% said no, and 7% said maybe.
Is it time to build the website?
There's a lot of websites that do what I do (honey, Wowcher, Groupon etc.), but not many that focus on everyday groceries/toiletries/necessities. Plus, this is a very local endeavour, that I'm trying out as my first online business. I think, to start with, I'm going to scour the websites, social media pages, and adverts from local retailers and businesses and share their promotions and discounts in one place (my website) and try to build engagement before introducing subscription membership, or corporate promotional memberships.
I was thinking this is a good enough yes/no ratio to maybe launch a waiting list for access to the service? To gather contact details and more analytics? Or should I get right onto trying to build the site? I'm probably going to use a free wix.com site until I can afford to pay for a bespoke web designer.
Any feedback/scathing criticism/your worst patter welcome and appreciated
Jack
First post, and first entrepreneurship endeavour too!
I work as a convenience store cashier in the UK and had an idea for an online business. I asked 100 of the customers I served "would you use a website that tells you exactly where and what discounts are in your local area before you leave to go to the shops?".
55% said yes, 38% said no, and 7% said maybe.
Is it time to build the website?
There's a lot of websites that do what I do (honey, Wowcher, Groupon etc.), but not many that focus on everyday groceries/toiletries/necessities. Plus, this is a very local endeavour, that I'm trying out as my first online business. I think, to start with, I'm going to scour the websites, social media pages, and adverts from local retailers and businesses and share their promotions and discounts in one place (my website) and try to build engagement before introducing subscription membership, or corporate promotional memberships.
I was thinking this is a good enough yes/no ratio to maybe launch a waiting list for access to the service? To gather contact details and more analytics? Or should I get right onto trying to build the site? I'm probably going to use a free wix.com site until I can afford to pay for a bespoke web designer.
Any feedback/scathing criticism/your worst patter welcome and appreciated
Jack
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
