The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am so glad I discovered this forum

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Hi, I'm a 19 year old college student from Miami, Florida. I currently attend FSU as a mathematics major (although I am almost done with my coursework, with one semester left, I still have enough scholarship money to stay another year so I will do that, either pursuing more mathematics courses or exercise science courses - i actually have enough courses to get three degrees, in mathematics, exercise science, and biology, so I may do just that). I think they will help with my goals, as shown below). I am looking for a forum with great principles to follow, and this forum will only increase my chances of success. I thought I wasn't going to make it until I found this forum by serendipity. Basically a few hours ago when I found about this forum by Google I decided to stop being a parasite. I cancelled all of my student loans and got my a$$ up and worked out my juggling skills (giving myself a poor excuse beforehand of why not to juggle the ball...ha ha). I took up soccer a few weeks ago and I have been practicing every day for about three weeks now (I lose count now, I just know it started early december). I hope to make it to the big leagues someday, but I know it's going to be one heck of a dirty, unpaved road. I am so happy I will get to pave my own road; I am beyond excited.
This is a goal I find realistic. I've been an athlete my whole life, and I have been running since I was young. I've also played sports like football and baseball, but didn't find my passions there. I've also weight-lifted since I was 14, so I very much so think I have a chance. Given that I practice every day, giving it 110%, seeing the light every day - I see no way I can fail. That, and maintaining my everlasting confidence. Staying another year in college can potentially open doors for me because my college does indeed have a men's soccer club that, with hard work and perseverance, can land me somewhere special - it will help a LOT with networking. So in short, the #1 thing keeping me going is this action (not a dream - because I am doing it!). It used to be school, but I don't think it is for me - just a back-up plan in case things don't work out between me and soccer, like an injury happens - God forbid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
  • Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
You've joined a business forum, but your goal is to be a soccer player?

Good luck, and what are your goals as they relate to business?
You guys live by very good principles. I need idols to look up to and good information to frequent. One of the threads I searched for basically had me agreeing with every post. The fact that trolls are non-existent here and other policies set up by this forum makes me feel at home.My goals as they relate to business: I also need to learn how to make money. I don't have a job at the moment because I am living off scholarship money...but I know that won't last forever and I am getting up my lazy a$$. I need to be around good company, and because I am online very often at the moment, this would be a good starting point I believe.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Welcome to the forum, I think you'll really enjoy this video
If you want to play soccer professionally you need to take it really seriously. It needs to be your #1 goal and always on your mind, good luck.

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
If you want to play soccer professionally you need to take it really seriously. It needs to be your #1 goal and always on your mind, good luck.
Hi Oven, thank you. Those words have been well taken into account. I am watching the video right now.

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Oh my god, I have it so much better than this guy. And yet I am still being way too lazy, in my opinion. I can be doing so much more. I'm not sitting around in trains or sidewalks. I'm living on the slowlane, at least - a million times better than the sidewalk. I *have* to do something about this! I'm going to plan more seriously and do more, starting tomorrow morning (but tonight starts the planning, despite it being christmas and all. this is my life)

Oven

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Oct 31, 2013
Another article that you might find interesting http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/my-economics-of-being-a-regular-professional-athlete-63770/

About what it's like before playing in the MLS and how Clint Irwin made it, an interesting read. Maybe you should consider keeping a journal about what you're doing to stay on track, and maybe one day you can look back on it.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Another article that you might find interesting http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/my-economics-of-being-a-regular-professional-athlete-63770/

About what it's like before playing in the MLS and how Clint Irwin made it, an interesting read. Maybe you should consider keeping a journal about what you're doing to stay on track, and maybe one day you can look back on it.
Oven: I just registered for my first 5k, 9 weeks away. I am also starting to read the article you posted.Edit - Good article.

Last edited:

Damian2015

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 22, 2013
New York
helo irishspring600, you don't need idols you need something to drive you, and as far as i read your posts i think you have that already. what you need is discipline to maintain the pace, but like everything in life big decisions start with small movements. the most important thing for you is to make a habit out of the things you have to do and as time goes you will be doing them by autopilot and not even notice them as obligations, bus as something that is as usual as brushing your teeth before bed or getting up in the morning. i will give you a piece of advice, whatever you are obligated to do but you don't like do it in the early morning it's when you have most energy and it will be easy to make yourself to do it, the easier things can be done over days. i find it somehow strange that you want to do soccer and college, i am not sure about what others will say but for me plan B distracts from plan A, i really REALLY hope all your ideas become true and you make it in the soccer world and that you don't need the plan B. good luck

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
helo irishspring600, you don't need idols you need something to drive you, and as far as i read your posts i think you have that already. what you need is discipline to maintain the pace, but like everything in life big decisions start with small movements. the most important thing for you is to make a habit out of the things you have to do and as time goes you will be doing them by autopilot and not even notice them as obligations, bus as something that is as usual as brushing your teeth before bed or getting up in the morning. i will give you a piece of advice, whatever you are obligated to do but you don't like do it in the early morning it's when you have most energy and it will be easy to make yourself to do it, the easier things can be done over days. i find it somehow strange that you want to do soccer and college, i am not sure about what others will say but for me plan B distracts from plan A, i really REALLY hope all your ideas become true and you make it in the soccer world and that you don't need the plan B. good luck
College is my plan B, but I am on scholarship and that is why I am attending college. It is a good place to network. So far my soccer skills have been improving drastically but there is so much to work on; my goal is to play for the university club in fall semester. I'm on chapter 3 of the fastlane book, just started reading today.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...