- Joined
- May 28, 2019
- Messages
- 25
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 104%
Hello
I am a 34 y/o mechanical engineer living the soul eroding 9 to 5, fixed salary life. I don't have anyone in my current circle who have done anything fast lane like. Most have taken the traditional route of go to college, get a job, etc. I'm here to connect with like minded people in my pursuit of breaking out of the mold.
I've read a handful of books on the subject of entrepreneurship, but feel paralyzed at the seemingly subjective complexity of it. It seems that there a couple of approaches to it and I find myself unsure of which to put my efforts. One school seems to be more traditional, as they would teach in a university. Lots of employees, hierarchical structures, insane amounts of market research and analysis, and of course, lots of up front capital. The other school of thought is more like what seems to be the next gen entrepreneur (like how MJ describes his business in the Fast Lane). Just one or a few people create a website or simple product or service, somehow avoiding the seemingly more complex system, but still achieving their financial goals. Am I missing something?
Good to be here. I hope we can all help each other.
I am a 34 y/o mechanical engineer living the soul eroding 9 to 5, fixed salary life. I don't have anyone in my current circle who have done anything fast lane like. Most have taken the traditional route of go to college, get a job, etc. I'm here to connect with like minded people in my pursuit of breaking out of the mold.
I've read a handful of books on the subject of entrepreneurship, but feel paralyzed at the seemingly subjective complexity of it. It seems that there a couple of approaches to it and I find myself unsure of which to put my efforts. One school seems to be more traditional, as they would teach in a university. Lots of employees, hierarchical structures, insane amounts of market research and analysis, and of course, lots of up front capital. The other school of thought is more like what seems to be the next gen entrepreneur (like how MJ describes his business in the Fast Lane). Just one or a few people create a website or simple product or service, somehow avoiding the seemingly more complex system, but still achieving their financial goals. Am I missing something?
Good to be here. I hope we can all help each other.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
