The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How would you market to teachers?

Marketing, social media, advertising

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I've started an educational website for elementary school students. Teachers are my target audience in terms of marketing, specifically 1st-4th grade elementary classroom teachers in the USA. How would you recommend marketing to them? Last year, in the site's first year, I had a lot of success with targeted Facebook ads. I'll continue those this school year, but I also had two other ideas for this year to add to the mix and wondered what you thought of them. Also, Google AdWords were NOT cost-effective, I believe because they lacked the targeting ability of Facebook.

1. Instagram ads (I'm not very familiar with Instagram and would love feedback as to whether you think this could work)

2. Affiliate marketing -- allow people to sign up to get affiliate links that they could share to others for a % of the revenue (this could be open to a limited number of people or I could go onto CJ.com or something -- love feedback there as well)

Other ideas are very welcomed, too! How would you market a website to elementary teachers?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Insta has a lower age group than FB, so it might not be the best.

Do a combination of content marketing + sponsored posts in teachers groups on FB. (It takes longer than just a pay to play post, but the ROI is much better)

Bonus points if you can get it down to geo locked groups with strong communities.

Go direct to the teachers with the affiliate program. They could use a few extra bucks a year to pay for supplies and materials.

Pinterest is another one to consider, but I'm not familiar with it.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Do a combination of content marketing + sponsored posts in teachers groups on FB. (It takes longer than just a pay to play post, but the ROI is much better)

Appreciate your post very much, but what do you mean by this?

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Appreciate your post very much, but what do you mean by this?

Similar to an email drip campaign.

Get people thinking about their problem, engage with the community, understand their mannerisms. Then show off your product. Then keep supporting the product as a member of that community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Similar to an email drip campaign.

Get people thinking about their problem, engage with the community, understand their mannerisms. Then show off your product. Then keep supporting the product as a member of that community.

Gotcha. Did something like that with one third grade facebook group last year. Good idea to do much more of that this time around. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.