The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to test the market

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
Hello fastlaners,
I just bumbed into the idea when my parents where looking for a car to go on trip this Christmas .but it is very hard to find a car that matches our criteria and the car we got was very dirty(spotted a need ).
And the rate where too much.
The broker from whome we bought the car was a total jerk.

So I thought why not build a platform that help you to take rent a car /bike for travel.

OK it's more like this.
Jo want to go on a trip this summer .
He like to go in a Honda accord .Sara who lives 1km away have a Honda accord which she uses only on weekends.
This is where the website comes into play
Where Sara can list her car for renter service and Jo can take the car for the trip

This is the basic idea
1.The question is that how to I test and confirm a need for this product without spending large amount of money on building an app or website?.
2.should I code it myself (zero coding knowledge)or outsource it.

Kindly open to feedback and suggestions.

Sent from my Redmi Y1 Lite using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I think your first hurdle would be investigating how the insurance would work. That might be so expensive it would be cheaper to rent a car from Avis or whoever. It probably would be cheaper anyway.

I don't know where you are based but car rental can be insanely cheap these days. I just did a quick search for a budget car for 3 days next month and came up with this:

2019-01-05_17-41-38.jpg

That is less than $20 for 3 days hire. How are you going to compete with those prices for new/nearly new cars?

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
But in India it is expensive. Because of the car agencies takes a cut of the profit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019

young rebel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 4, 2019
OK, so I am going forward with this idea and going to test the market by creating a website with word press (MVP) and throw it with some facebook ads. let's see how it goes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.