The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION how to test market

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

good rebel

New Contributor
Apr 2, 2019
hello fastlaners
me and my friends are planning on starting a small cafe is there any way to test the market
how to estimate the total cost and working cap cost for the shop

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
When it comes to starting a bricks and mortar business such as a cafe location is your primary concern. You could pay 10x the rent in one location compared to another and it would be fully justified if the footfall is there and you have room for enough covers.

Check out similar setups close to where you want to set up. Try them out, check out their reviews. Do a head count of customers entering on different days and different times of day.

I did a head count on a competitors store just down the road to where I was opening a fast food restaurant and I counted 810 people go through their door in one hour between 3 and 4pm on a Saturday. Combine that will working out an average spend and that is very useful information.

Why are you opening a cafe? The issue I have with a small cafe is it tends to be a lifestyle business, especially if you have to share the profits between several people. Not many small cafe's make a very good living for their owners and it is expensive and difficult to scale unless you have something strong and unique you can turn into a franchise business.

OP
OP
good rebel

good rebel

New Contributor
Apr 2, 2019
When it comes to starting a bricks and mortar business such as a cafe location is your primary concern. You could pay 10x the rent in one location compared to another and it would be fully justified if the footfall is there and you have room for enough covers.

Check out similar setups close to where you want to set up. Try them out, check out their reviews. Do a head count of customers entering on different days and different times of day.

I did a head count on a competitors store just down the road to where I was opening a fast food restaurant and I counted 810 people go through their door in one hour between 3 and 4pm on a Saturday. Combine that will working out an average spend and that is very useful information.

Why are you opening a cafe? The issue I have with a small cafe is it tends to be a lifestyle business, especially if you have to share the profits between several people. Not many small cafe's make a very good living for their owners and it is expensive and difficult to scale unless you have something strong and unique you can turn into a franchise business.
yes location is an important factor that affect the business.we would not have any money to rent out any expensive place we are planning to provide a good vibe for customers at an affordable price

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Great. I will check them out and share my feedback. Thanks for sharing and helping us with your...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Was talking to @Vigilante yesterday and he suggested I try a new media to put out some of the...
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom