The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Target ANYONE On Facebook (Step By Step Video Included)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Last edited:

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
This is an excellent way to use Audience Insights, and I use this for my new clients + for my new business.

TL;DW:

- Start with a broad interest category
- Go into 'Page Likes' and look for pages that indicate PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE to your niche
- Check the Facebook pages and see what they're promoting on their page & on their website. This gives you an idea of what kind of business or organization you're looking at.
- Type it into Audience Insights to see if you can target it (generally, if you can't target it, you won't be able to inspect it in Audience Insights but there are exceptions)
- If you can target it, go back to Page Likes and see the new pages that show up.
- Repeat the process, looking to narrow down for more specific PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE.
- Once you've identified some pages that indicate PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE, narrow down your audience to more accurately reflect your ideal customer

Word of warning: using this tool effectively requires a level of empathy for your customer & an understanding of what they're actually like. If you don't get this right, Audience Insights will not help you as much as it could. (For example, Sanj makes a point about animal shelters in the video)

also, Sanj spent about 12 minutes inside there for a demonstration. As he said in the video, I recommend spending an hour or more at a time, just noting down every single finding you see. Pages, organizations. Even the other tabs such as device usage, location, and even looking at pages by affinity (more likely to like). If you've never use this tool before, it's golden.

Don't try to look for 'secret interests', it's must more helpful to get a whole picture of your customer and start there, broadening out over time.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Wow! This is pure gold, just watched, fantastic!

PS. I'm a dog lover, but have only found out about Barkbox through you! :cool:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is awesome, and I had no idea this existed.
I can start broad, see what similar pages are "liked" and engaged, and then target those people.

This, combined with the Summit, has so many wheels spinning in my head.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
This is an excellent way to use Audience Insights, and I use this for my new clients + for my new business.

TL;DW:

- Start with a broad interest category
- Go into 'Page Likes' and look for pages that indicate PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE to your niche
- Check the Facebook pages and see what they're promoting on their page & on their website. This gives you an idea of what kind of business or organization you're looking at.
- Type it into Audience Insights to see if you can target it (generally, if you can't target it, you won't be able to inspect it in Audience Insights but there are exceptions)
- If you can target it, go back to Page Likes and see the new pages that show up.
- Repeat the process, looking to narrow down for more specific PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE.
- Once you've identified some pages that indicate PASSION, INTEREST, and RELEVANCE, narrow down your audience to more accurately reflect your ideal customer

Word of warning: using this tool effectively requires a level of empathy for your customer & an understanding of what they're actually like. If you don't get this right, Audience Insights will not help you as much as it could. (For example, Sanj makes a point about animal shelters in the video)

also, Sanj spent about 12 minutes inside there for a demonstration. As he said in the video, I recommend spending an hour or more at a time, just noting down every single finding you see. Pages, organizations. Even the other tabs such as device usage, location, and even looking at pages by affinity (more likely to like). If you've never use this tool before, it's golden.

Don't try to look for 'secret interests', it's must more helpful to get a whole picture of your customer and start there, broadening out over time.

Yep, I spend hours inside Audience Insights but I kept the video short just to give you an overview of my process for targeting anyone on Facebook.

There's no secret to this - find the most passionate people you can and you'll crush Facebook ads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.