The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start when disabled ?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Hi

I am 20 years old, I have poor hearing and I have a speech impediment

What could I do without a financial contribution to start with?
What would you do if those things weren't in your way? Can that thing that you'd do be done via the internet with no verbal communication?

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
I don't really have any special skills
What do you think about selling on my own website for my products?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
I don't have a website yet, I have a small budget, I don't have a specific product so far, I would like to earn a living. As for books, I read this fastlane about 2 years ago and I got it unscritped tomorrow by courier because the Polish version is on sale recently

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
As in, what are you naturally good at? Are you a funny guy? Are you good at solving problems? Are you good at bullshitting? Are you good at understanding human behavior? What kind of person are you? What do you want to do with your life? Do you have big dreams? What are they? Do you have no clue?

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
I am a boy with big dreams and I hope that thanks to business I am able to achieve financial freedom I am not super funny as a kid I played games so I am not super sociable I am rather a sensitive person who likes to help others because I am disabled myself. I want to change my life, I spend all day at home watching TV, I waste my youth and if nothing changes now it will stay that way. I even have a problem to get any job because of hearing, so business is the only hope for a dignified life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bottomline: If you have what I want, I'm not going to care about your limitations.

Business is not about your impairment, so why make it so?

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Pick something that people will pay for and get really good at it.

I don't want to compare this with a disability but people told me my tattoos would inhibit my ability to do consulting in the legal field or turn off investors.

Turns out when you do a good job people don't care.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
You need to tune your mind to two things.

1. Finding problems - As you go about your daily business, start looking for problems that need solving. Start close to home, then move further afield.

example:

You have hearing and speech problems, so is there any particular problem that you come across all the time?

Maybe when you go to a particular place there is no provision for people in your position. For instance, ATM machines never used to cater for blind people, then one day somebody invented a fitting that allows you to plug headphones in.

The purpose of this exercise is to tune your mind to becoming a problem solver, the solutions you find may be beyond your personal capabilities, but that does not matter, you are just trying to change your mindset.

2. Working out profit & loss - Next time you go to a restaurant, or supermarket, or in fact anywhere that sells things to the public, try and work out their profit & loss.

example:

You go to your local restaurant for a meal, instead of just sitting there enjoying your food, look at the menu and the prices. Then scan around for how many tables there are, then count the staff you can see, and estimate how many kitchen staff there are.

Next, think about the possible rent of the place, and the bills, estimate how much they have to pay their staff, and then have a guess what the average customer spends and how that equates to their turnover.

Once you've done all of this, you have a rough idea of their gross profits, and how many customers they need to break even, and make a net profit. Then maybe you could start thinking how you could improve the business.

Like I said before, you're not doing this because you will necessarily open a restaurant, you're doing it to get into the entrepreneurial groove. After doing this for a while, you'll come across a problem that perhaps you can solve. That is when you'll know what to do next.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
This limiting belief sounds like the byproduct of socialization. Success is only achieved if meet certain criteria; a college degree, no disabilities, a certain look etc. Socialization; a by product of mankind will never be able to supercede the laws of reality. Dont let it rain on your parade.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Welcome to the forums Niko!

@jpanarra this is something you can help this young lad with, as (I think?) you have a similar issue.

vamana

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 8, 2020
Start a blog. Start writing about your dreams and how you are making them real. Let it be personal. Just you writing for yourself. You will find the way. People reading your blog will do so as well. Include google ads without intimidating readers. Shamelessly promote in these and other forms. You will have opportunities coming your way. Keep the door open.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Hi

Hi Niko, and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found the books.

I would encourage you to follow the story of Jon Morrow for a bit of inspiration and a glimpse of what is possible for someone with a disability.

I wish you all the very best!!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey @Niko190

I'm deaf and because of that I too have a speech impediment as well.. I don't know the severity of yours but for me, I can talk enough for people to understand me and for me that's more than enough for me to get my point across.

Especially in today's day and age, we can do emails, text messaging, DMs all different different forms of communication that doesn't need audio.

Reading unscripted will help your mindset, but the simple truth is this.

Find what you want to do/sell. Then just start selling it to people... see if you can do that first.

PS. thanks for the SO @Madame Peccato

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
George J Thompson had a speech inpediment and made his living as a public speaker and lecturer. Also hearing aids.

So I think you can still do whatever anyone else can.

Thats meant to be inspiring not mean btw , I think MJ's comment does it better though lol

yon123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 8, 2015
Hi

Hi Niko,

My 2 cents.

No matter what path you chose to follow, you need 2 most important skills.

1. Sales
2. Management

whoa, Einstein. ok..

Too broad? i ll drill it down...i ll keep it short, i promise..

Lets talk about sales.
It could be online, offline. i am more into online sales, so i will only talk about it.

Copywriting.
Its sales in print.
Your ability to take a total stranger to a paying customer will make or break your business.
How do you do so?

Start here.

I have not done even 10% of the things on this list, but i make full income like millions other online.

make it a daily habit, emboss this in your daily planner. Do it for a year, 2,3,4. This is lifetime deal. and you will want to be invested in learning this through out your lifetime.

but even if you can spend 1 hr a day, you will be a better marketer than 95% of the people who are marketing online.

Alright, so how do you make actual moola?

There are countless ways you can do it on internet and offline.

Some ideas for online.

1. start your own ecom shop
just goto YT and search Dropshipping. you dont need much investment to get started.

you can also sell on amazon, etsy or any other marketplaces.

what to sell?

google print on demand or dropshipping. again you can find very detailed material on YT. You dont need to spend any $ on any course.

2. Offer copywriting as a service.
cant say much here.

3. Offer Social media management services to businesses.
A decent biz in USA can be easily charger $800 per month for posting 15-20 posts a month. I am being very conservative. Its all about what businesses you go after.

You cant tell your message to the world if they are not listening. In other words, if you cant draw traffic to your product, service, offer, you are doomed.

So how do you get traffic?
There are many ways. Every traffic source has its own charcteristic. Like if i am promoting a fashion brand, i ll focus more on instagram & FB instead of google adwords. YT is where you should start.

Management
I am newbie here. the best book i can recommend is to start with Emyth revisited.

Hope you can get an overview from this post and some more data on where to look for.

Routing for your success. Good luck

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019

Whatever the F*ck you want.

Maybe not a door to door sales job, but i hope you get the spirit of my message.

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
Hey
I am not writing about hearing loss to complain or seek acceptance, I just wanted to mention that through my hearing I cannot do some things as effectively as a healthy person. I got a job recently in a company that deals with shipment of goods, they have their own store, their own website etc. I hope that I will get many entrepreneurial things out of this work because I would like to work in a similar system only for myself, my own product, my own website + my own store. I plan to start my area of activity in Poland and then hire someone who will answer in English

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
You know what I need? I need someone to do a basic sign language video for my clients. As in, I have the script - I want you to sign it. In ASL, if you know it. There are technical terms. There are SO MANY deaf people who are underserved because of a silly language barrier. Want the gig? PM me.

Niko190

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 7, 2017
Poland
You know what I need? I need someone to do a basic sign language video for my clients. As in, I have the script - I want you to sign it. In ASL, if you know it. There are technical terms. There are SO MANY deaf people who are underserved because of a silly language barrier. Want the gig? PM me.
Unfortunately I will not help you because I do not know sign language and anyway in Poland we do not use ASL only PJM (Polish sign language)

But thanks for your reply, maybe someone else will use your suggestion

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 27, 2021
Working for yourself can be rewarding and challenging. There are lots of organisations and free online resources that can help you turn your idea into a business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.