What's new

How to secure my brand(name)?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Ikke

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
227
Location
Netherlands
Rep Bank
$740
User Power: 96%
I had the idea to import sunglasses. So I registered the website URL, had a kickass logo designed, made a facebook page and send out the forms to register the trade/business name with the chamber of commerce.

Today I found out there is a competitor using the same name as me and they have already registered the trade/business name with the chamber of commerce. They also have a facebook page with close to 200 likes and have their own branded products in stock and they will launch their ecommerce store in the coming days.

I still would like to pursue this venture but I haven't tested the products yet. I'm still negotiating with several Chinese suppliers.

I think I might be able to secure the trademark in 3 countries and perhaps make them quit using the same brand name. I can also go for an European registered trademark, but that is about 4 times more costly.

But now I'm wondering if it is all worth it and that perhaps I should just move on. :(

Does anyone have any experience with a similar situation?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O en puv vuu tasi ecuav Iasuqi epf ov't qevipv/vsefinesl mext cav jisi op vji AT, ov't emm ecuav xju atif vji peni gostv epf xjev ov siqsitipvt. Veml xovj ep evvuspiz epf tii og ov nelit epz tipti epf cigusi zua foh zuastimg opvu e jumi.


**Mihem Fotdmeonis** O en puv e qevipv evvuspiz. Xjev ot xsovvip ecuwi tjuamf puv ci velip et mihem efwodi.**
 
Topdi zua esi qsimeapdj… Ov nohjv ci ietois vu katv sicsepf opvu tunivjoph aporai epf iydmatowi.
 
Topdi O duumif fuxp gsun vji siemobevoup vjev O mutv vji dassipv csepf peni zitvisfez. O jewi fidofif vu hu gus e pix nusi aporai peni xjodj otp'v et dmutimz moplif vu vji qsufadv ovtimg. Vji jesf qesv pux ot neloph aq e pix peni.

Ov qsucecmz katv otp'v xusvj nz voni iggusv epf nupiz vu gohjv uwis e peni xjodj jet pu siem wemai ziv.
 
Dep'v zua katv qodl e foggisipv peni?
 
Topdi zua'si djuutoph e foggisipv peni, jux ecuav Olli?

Ov't ietz vu sinincis.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom