The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Post Video Content Without Imposter Syndrome

Marketing, social media, advertising

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Note - this is an idea I just got, and wanted to put it on here just so I can be reminded of it.

I'm personally in a niche where I do not feel like an expert and don't want to give people advice on social media, and I was thinking how I could go about building an audience without doing this.

I recently started posting tons of content based on what I know and what I think would be valuable to others, and quickly ran out of ideas due to my limited experience.

So there's two insights I got:

Firstly, document don't create (Gary Vee)

But what if we took this a step forward..?

First of all, let's think about what social media really is.

It's a bunch of people who just want to talk about themselves and share their insights.

If you're in a position where you're not an "expert" in your industry yet, and therefore people won't listen to you for your advice.. why don't you instead of trying to give advice, to think of using social media as social networking?

Let's use TikTok as an example. Instead of making a TikTok video telling people something, what if you gave your input on something, and then asked for ADVICE based on that input?

What if you didn't even give your input at all and just asked people for advice so that the people in the comments act as mentors?

I mean use this forum as an example, look how much attention this thread got simply asking for advice! - GOLD! - HOT! - How Do I [NOT] Scale My Personal Training Business Significantly?

Example: If you're someone trying to build an entrepreneur personal brand, but you have no entrepreneurial experience, you can't give advice on how to make a million dollars, but you CAN give your input on your goals and plan to make a million dollars, and ask the market what they think and for THEIR input as well.

Document, don't create, and create engagement, don't give advice (unless you've got real results to share)

Agree or disagree?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Just don't talk about things that you don't know about. Over time your knowledge of the ins-and-outs of the industry will grow. In the beginning, you focus on the things that you DO know about.

If you don't know about anything, I'd advise you to inform yourself first. Speak with industry experts, see what the problems are, and then focus on speaking about those, and add your own insights to it. This way you're guaranteed that what you talk about isn't trite (it comes from actual experts), and you're adding your own twist to it which gives it personality and makes it unique.

I wouldn't personally ask for advice on social media, that's usually useless.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The best way to not feel imposter syndrome is to not be an imposter.

If you aren't the expert, defer to people who are and site sources.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Firstly, document don't create (Gary Vee)
This is BS. In fact, I've been burned by it myself trying to create YT channel where I've documented my Fastlane journey even before I've discovered Fastlane.

You have to create *relative value*. And if you are an imposter, you can't.

Go back to square one. Think where you can create ultrasignificant improvements for the market and create it. Until then - you deserve to feel as an imposter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.