The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Message 200 Investors Per Day?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
My investment product that I am an Affiliate Marketer for requires me to do Direct Messaging to investors.

It is myself and my 2 co-founders planning on focusing on direct marketing every single day for this.

We tell them about the product over initial contact, schedule a call, and sign them up in a quick 5-10 minute consultation call. Then they invest and we get a lifetime % of their profits from there.

Our goal is to contact at least 200 investors every single day in total between the 3 of us.

To do this, we currently have to our disposal:

- 1,000 angel investor email list (Cold list I got from someone I know)

- 3 LinkedIn Premium Accounts (with limits to how many InMails we can send)

We will do things like content marketing, paid traffic, referrals, etc once we have built our Foundation of Investors via Cold Messaging investors.

This product has a minimum $250 investment amount, so anyone can invest in it really. But we are targeting a bit larger investors (eg. people with an average of $5,000-$10,000+ minimum investments).

---

2 Questions

1) What do you suggest I can do to hit our target of pitching 200 investors per day between 3 of us? (Eg. what channels, platforms, mediums, etc)

2) Would it be viable for us to send endless Connection Requests each day on LinkedIn with my Proposal in the "Add A Note" part of when you add someone on LinkedIn?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Let's see ... 200 per day X 5 days per week = 1,000 per week X 4.3 weeks in an average month = 4,300 contacts per average month.
So, out of that many people -- how many responses with how many conversions do you expect to shake out of those contacts?
If you get a good return from your contacts, will you be able to give each prospect enough time to properly serve them?

This sounds like a "shotgun" approach with long lists of "cold" leads. I like to spend a lot of time developing better leads. My best contacts come from referrals. I carefully hand pick my clients/customers. I wrote a blog about it.
How to Pick Out Your Winning Clients
You might want to look it over.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
As far as I know, the "add a note" section is limited in characters. I don't think you can say very much, so choose your characters wisely.

I get connection requests on LinkedIn on a daily basis. Typically from digital marketers and web developers. If I accept, they spam me with some boilerplate pitch and I promptly sever the connection.

You'll need a more personalized approach to the connection, so I don't think you'll be able to get the volume you want, with any real effectiveness.

Also, unless I'm misunderstanding something, what you're describing sounds suspiciously like an MLM.

They have to "invest" with you, and then you get a lifetime commission on their profits? That's not really investing so much as it is the scheme employed in "network marketing".

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So you basically want to spam 200 investors/day

Yea no

Wait, you’re the same poster who wanted to create The 5 Hour Workweek

Is "4 Hour Work Week" Copyrighted Entirely?

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 4.05.57 AM.png

So you want to create the 5 hour workweek then spam it to people on LinkedIn. Yea this is a bad idea lol

I’m not trying to knock your hustle, but I think you’re misunderstanding what we do around here. Watch this, it’s really helpful:

View: https://youtu.be/p58cbhTWz6s?t=19

Also, unless I'm misunderstanding something, what you're describing sounds suspiciously like an MLM.

Just everything is not okay.

What do you suggest I can do to hit our target of pitching 200 investors per day between 3 of us?

I suggest you don’t. Leave them alone. If you have a good business idea, they’ll come to you. Don’t annoy people like this. It’s bad karma.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Let's see ... 200 per day X 5 days per week = 1,000 per week X 4.3 weeks in an average month = 4,300 contacts per average month.
So, out of that many people -- how many responses with how many conversions do you expect to shake out of those contacts?
If you get a good return from your contacts, will you be able to give each prospect enough time to properly serve them?

This sounds like a "shotgun" approach with long lists of "cold" leads. I like to spend a lot of time developing better leads. My best contacts come from referrals. I carefully hand pick my clients/customers. I wrote a blog about it.
How to Pick Out Your Winning Clients
You might want to look it over.

Hi, thanks. Just read your article. Great stuff.

Perhaps for my situation, I can go for HNWI Investors only that fit the characteristics that you mentioned in your blog to get that Top 20%.

I am at the stage where I have to build the foundation of my Investor Base first (eg. the first 50 investors) and centre a community around that. And grow from there.

Looks like your article was more suited towards analysing your current Top 20% which is great advice. I suppose I can apply it to my own situation by only going for the top 20%. I still have to cold-contact them... so perhaps I can send personalised messages to them initially while laser targeting them.

Each consultation takes us around 10 minutes to set them up over the phone, so we expect to handle serving them long with follow up time after too.

As far as I know, the "add a note" section is limited in characters. I don't think you can say very much, so choose your characters wisely.

I get connection requests on LinkedIn on a daily basis. Typically from digital marketers and web developers. If I accept, they spam me with some boilerplate pitch and I promptly sever the connection.

You'll need a more personalized approach to the connection, so I don't think you'll be able to get the volume you want, with any real effectiveness.

They have to "invest" with you, and then you get a lifetime commission on their profits? That's not really investing so much as it is the scheme employed in "network marketing".

Hey, thanks for that.

Perhaps I can do a personalised cold message approach? As in, I review their profile and write a personalised message based on their profile?

I get the same messages from Web Developers. I'm targeting Investors on LinkedIn who get investment requests all the time, therefore this is nothing new: But perhaps I can do a more skillful cold messaging approach by personalising the message to them?

---

So you basically want to spam 200 investors/day

Yea no

Wait, you’re the same poster who wanted to create The 5 Hour Workweek

Is "4 Hour Work Week" Copyrighted Entirely?

View attachment 21676

So you want to create the 5 hour workweek then spam it to people on LinkedIn. Yea this is a bad idea lol

I’m not trying to knock your hustle, but I think you’re misunderstanding what we do around here. Watch this, it’s really helpful:

View: https://youtu.be/p58cbhTWz6s?t=19

Just everything is not okay.

I suggest you don’t. Leave them alone. If you have a good business idea, they’ll come to you. Don’t annoy people like this. It’s bad karma.

1) I'm not selling a 5 hour work week branded product or a 4 hour work week similar info product as you may be assuming from that thread which was from the past.

2) In the last part, you said I shouldn't annoy people as they'll come to me if it's a good idea. Are you saying that I shouldn't do any cold marketing? (eg. cold calling, cold emailing, cold messaging). Tons of businesses are successful from cold selling. Capital raising almost always requires cold selling as most people don't have a massive investor network to tap into from the bat.

I've raised $250,000 for my previous start up before from cold messaging angel investors on a Cold Investor Email List + Direct LinkedIn Messaging. Hence, why I'm confident about doing it again. Just wanted to get some advice on any other possible channels.

I'm open to your ideas around how else they can come to me besides cold selling as you said "they would come to me if it's a good idea" which sounds like a "build it and they will come" mentality. Nonetheless, open to actionable ideas. It just seems your comment of "Leave people alone. If you have a good business idea, people will come to you" is insinuating that I shouldn't get my Product in front of my potential prospects. Surely you aren't saying to not do marketing/contact prospects as that would be silly, so any specific suggestions? Happy to hear them...

Again, this isn't an MLM. My question was more about my Sales/Marketing (and less about my product), but quick snap shot about my product is that its a One-Level Referral Program (Meaning I refer someone, they invest in the investment product/bot, and I gain a % of their profits from that product for life. If they refer someone to the investment product, I get nothing. Therefore, it's not an MLM.). It's an investment bot that has a one-level referral program where the reward is residual income based on your referral's profits. With that said, my question was geared more towards sales/marketing.

There's 3 of us and we're ready to hit the pavement, as capital raising as we know is also a numbers game.

I do understand that you can't just spam, but I'm looking for ideas on how to effectively contact lots of investors en masse with a decent conversion rate. Eg. best channels, approach ideas, etc.

Would love to hear from people who have raised Six+ Figures of capital from investors in the past too.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
In the last part, you said I shouldn't annoy people as they'll come to me if it's a good idea. Are you saying that I shouldn't do any cold marketing? (eg. cold calling, cold emailing, cold messaging). Tons of businesses are successful from cold selling. Capital raising almost always requires cold selling as most people don't have a massive investor network to tap into from the bat.
Okay you could be right.. lemme reply to this fully when I have some time. But I would look into Equity Crowdfunding... it could have all the benefits you’re looking for and none of the coldcalling.

I've raised $250,000 for my previous start up before from cold messaging angel investors on a Cold Investor Email List + Direct LinkedIn Messaging. Hence, why I'm confident about doing it again. Just wanted to get some advice on any other possible channels.

Okay, appologies. We just get some bizarre ideas on this board at times.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Okay you could be right.. lemme reply to this fully when I have some time. But I would look into Equity Crowdfunding... it could have all the benefits you’re looking for and none of the coldcalling.

Okay, appologies. We just get some bizarre ideas on this board at times.

No apologies needed. I understand. Thanks for the willingness to help though.

Crowdfunding seems great (especially when you look at how willing people were to invest in ICOs last year), but Its not my product that I am marketing. So I don't know how I could do it. (Eg. Go on a Crowdfunding Site to get people to invest their $ in the automated bot that I don't own).

Have you considered just advertising instead?

Yes, I'm going to drive Paid Traffic to a Sales Funnel. However, I was thinking of doing that once I establish my Foundation of Investors from contacting prospects directly myself. That way, I can master everything at a grass-roots level and understand all of the small things for pitching+onboarding people to this product. When I have my foundation built from that, then I can invest heavily into scaling via Paid Traffic.

I am also now considering using Investment Platforms (eg. AngelList, etc) like the ones where investors come to see potential investments that you put up for display. That way, investors can come to me and I can also contact them on a Platform that is purely for them to find investment opportunities. I did this with my previous raise as well. Will probably do it simultaneously while the 3 of us pitch 200 investors per day.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
In the last part, you said I shouldn't annoy people as they'll come to me if it's a good idea. Are you saying that I shouldn't do any cold marketing? (eg. cold calling, cold emailing, cold messaging). Tons of businesses are successful from cold selling. Capital raising almost always requires cold selling as most people don't have a massive investor network to tap into from the bat.
I’m not a big fan of cold calling. Why? I don’t really like getting cold calls. But If it’s worked for you in the past, that means at least you’re offering something with perceived value. Another thing is they are investors, so by definition they are looking for stuff to invest in. So actually this is more like ‘warm calling’ than cold calling.

But there’s equity crowdfunding which is different from regular crowdfunding.... something like kickstarter you pledge money, you get a free cooler, or drone or whatever they’re kickstarting. With equity crowdfunding they own a piece of your company. I think this might be something helpful for you.

I mean i don’t know. I don’t want to knock it if it works for you, but me personally, I hate getting sales calls. But then again, they are investors who’s entire livelihood depends on investing. So maybe it’s not a bad idea.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I believe what @lowtek was trying to ascertain was are you selling the investment product? Or are you selling them the opportunity to refer somebody and get a % of that persons profits? Or both?

I would not target HNWI for this but I suppose it depends on your definition. I target high net worth where they have between $1-$5,000,000 in investable assets with a minimum investment of $250,000. These people will not invest in a product with a $250 minimum where the reasonable upside is tens of dollars.

That is all good news as is opens up the potential customer pool to a much, much larger pool.

Without much greater detail that you may or may not want to go into here it is extremely difficult for anybody to give actionable advice. Short answer is, 200/3= each of you contact 67 people a day, with a 201st person contacted to keep it equitable.

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I’m not a big fan of cold calling. Why? I don’t really like getting cold calls. But If it’s worked for you in the past, that means at least you’re offering something with perceived value. Another thing is they are investors, so by definition they are looking for stuff to invest in. So actually this is more like ‘warm calling’ than cold calling.

But there’s equity crowdfunding which is different from regular crowdfunding.... something like kickstarter you pledge money, you get a free cooler, or drone or whatever they’re kickstarting. With equity crowdfunding they own a piece of your company. I think this might be something helpful for you.

I mean i don’t know. I don’t want to knock it if it works for you, but me personally, I hate getting sales calls. But then again, they are investors who’s entire livelihood depends on investing. So maybe it’s not a bad idea.

Yeah, I think it differs from person to person. I don't like getting cold calls, but I would do it if it made sense from a sales/marketing point of view.

I believe what @lowtek was trying to ascertain was are you selling the investment product? Or are you selling them the opportunity to refer somebody and get a % of that persons profits? Or both?

I would not target HNWI for this but I suppose it depends on your definition. I target high net worth where they have between $1-$5,000,000 in investable assets with a minimum investment of $250,000. These people will not invest in a product with a $250 minimum where the reasonable upside is tens of dollars.

That is all good news as is opens up the potential customer pool to a much, much larger pool.

Without much greater detail that you may or may not want to go into here it is extremely difficult for anybody to give actionable advice. Short answer is, 200/3= each of you contact 67 people a day, with a 201st person contacted to keep it equitable.

Thanks also for your help.

To answer your question: I am simply pitching to an Investor to invest their $ into an Automated Trading Bot that generates them daily profits. I get a % of their profits for life. But I don't tell them to refer anyone or anything like that (as even if they did refer someone... I wouldn't get any profit since it's not multi-level. It's one level.).

It costs them nothing to set up (Takes 5 minutes to create an account) and they can invest the minimum $250 and thus scale up their investment from there, once they see the daily profits coming in.

This bot has not once failed to generate it's thousands of investors between 20%-30% Monthly ROI since inception this year. I know that sounds crazy, but it's literally true. If an investor holds all their $ in it for 12 months, that's a 10X-20X ROI Annually. Unreal.

That's why I am so adamant on being an Affiliate for it and feel investors would love it. I know lots of HNWI investors as well as smaller retail investors that are using this bot too.

The good thing is $250 is the minimum investment to "test drive" the bot if they are skeptical. Then the big investors can go ahead and invest larger amounts (eg. five, six, or seven figures etc).

Hope that provided some more detail above.

I may also look into renting email lists for my niche.

Bottom line, I'm planning to do cold selling for the first month and then start "Attraction Marketing" (eg. paid traffic, content marketing) in the second month.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
This bot has not once failed to generate it's thousands of investors between 20%-30% Monthly ROI since inception this year.

So what happens next year if the market changes?

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
So what happens next year if the market changes?

It's Crypto. Which has been in one of the worst bear markets for over 8 months. In fact, it launched during this bear market. Still 20%-30% Monthly ROI to this day. Can only imagine what it would be like in the bull market.

Anyways, it has an incredible value proposition. Just trying to figure ways to get to these investors en masse.

Maybe I can run a sales funnel with paid traffic to it en masse.

Already created an Opt In > Long Form Sales Page on ClickFunnels a couple weeks ago.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
This bot has not once failed to generate it's thousands of investors between 20%-30% Monthly ROI since inception this year. I know that sounds crazy, but it's literally true. If an investor holds all their $ in it for 12 months, that's a 10X-20X ROI Annually. Unreal.
I developed hundreds of "bots" over a 20-year period. I managed $10M in client money using the systems I developed. I have a fairly good idea how they work and what is possible.

I've never developed a trading bot for crypto, but there's nothing magic about crypto. It's just more volatile than most markets. If that was all it was, I flat wouldn't believe 20-30%/mo claims. However it's very possible that crypto is an inefficient market, meaning there is a lot of low-hanging fruit. 20 years ago it was stupid-simple to develop trading bots for stocks/futures/forex with great results. (In fact now that I think of it, I grew an account about 35%/mo for 6 months in late '99 / early '00. Hm.) As more and more people built bots, and as places like Goldman Sachs threw buckets of money and rooms-full of PhDs at the problem, it got harder and harder to trade profitably. The easy money got arbed away. It's possible GS &etc haven't found the crypto market yet, though that would surprise me.

In any event, I wouldn't count on lifetime income from this. Sooner or later more automated-trading money will flood into the crypto market, and that will squeeze out the easy pickin's. I don't trade bots at all any more because I can't find anything that reliably makes more money than it loses. Maybe I need to look at crypto...

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
I developed hundreds of "bots" over a 20-year period. I managed $10M in client money using the systems I developed. I have a fairly good idea how they work and what is possible.

I've never developed a trading bot for crypto, but there's nothing magic about crypto. It's just more volatile than most markets. If that was all it was, I flat wouldn't believe 20-30%/mo claims. However it's very possible that crypto is an inefficient market, meaning there is a lot of low-hanging fruit. 20 years ago it was stupid-simple to develop trading bots for stocks/futures/forex with great results. (In fact now that I think of it, I grew an account about 35%/mo for 6 months in late '99 / early '00. Hm.) As more and more people built bots, and as places like Goldman Sachs threw buckets of money and rooms-full of PhDs at the problem, it got harder and harder to trade profitably. The easy money got arbed away. It's possible GS &etc haven't found the crypto market yet, though that would surprise me.

In any event, I wouldn't count on lifetime income from this. Sooner or later more automated-trading money will flood into the crypto market, and that will squeeze out the easy pickin's. I don't trade bots at all any more because I can't find anything that reliably makes more money than it loses. Maybe I need to look at crypto...

Thanks Gary. I'm grateful to see someone with your valuable experience giving your 2 cents.

Agreed, that we won't see 20%-30%/mo returns forever. I believe it would go down to around 10%-20% per month, but that's still huge when you compare these to the average stock returns of say, 7% annually.

My goal is to build up a big profit from these trading bots while they last and at the same time create new diverse revenue streams targeting the HNWI Investor niche. Just like Amazon dominated books initially, I will dominate this (to get my start) while it lasts and diversify.

You bring up good points about GS, big money, more bot competition, etc all entering.

The thing about Crypto is that it is as you say volatile and also very fragmented.

My bot doesn't exactly do trading per say like traditional bots do. Different method.

With that said, happy to help you out with any Crypto-related questions.

How did you find and convert your investors for the bots you created?

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
How did you find and convert your investors for the bots you created?
I was the "Head of Research" -- the geek programming in the basement. My partner was a CTA in Chicago and had been in the Chicago trading biz for decades. He raised the money.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

yea honestly crypto had blown up in past years so it’s if you’ve put any money into it in the past year you will have had an average positive ROI.... if that trend is going to continue in future years is anyone’s guess

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
UPDATE: I personally sent 70 LinkedIn Connection Requests 12 hours ago with my quick pitch in the "Add a Note" section. Was targeted towards people who had "Crypto Investor" within their LI profile in a specific city.

Results: 3 people responded back. The other 2 wanted me to send more info and call them. 1 of them is a Managing Director of Australia's largest Capital Raising firms. 1 lawyer said it sounded like a scam (because of my 20%-30% Monthly ROI claim, which I swear is legitimate). Roughly 3% response rate. Will likely get more replies from this batch of 70 people over the next few days. too.

Going to do another 100 LI Connection Requests today to people who have "Crypto" in their profile within a certain city and will let you guys know how it goes.

Seems like my sales/marketing plan to acquire investors will be as follows:

Short Term (Month 1) = Direct Marketing Mode

Cold Emailing - My 1,000 investor email list

Cold Messaging - LinkedIn Connection Requests

Investment Platform - Putting my investment opportunity profile up on these sites and I will do both outbound+inbound with the investors on these sites

Long Term (Month 2) = Sales Funnel Mode

Content Marketing - LinkedIn, Instagram, and Blogging.

Webinars - The ability to hit thousands of people at once and converting them (Opt In > Sales Copy > Webinar Sign Up > Auto Sequence Emails > etc)

Paid Traffic - Driving paid traffic to my sales funnel

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.