• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum will be undergoing some maintenance on Saturday Jan 19th and may not look normal. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last for only for up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

3. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

How to legally pay no taxes... possible?

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by André Casal, Dec 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,470
    Why are legal strategies for minimizing or eliminating your tax burden a crime?

ZF Lee, Contrarian, Kingmaker and 4 others like this.
  2. GlobalWealth

GlobalWealth Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $26,470
    He is Portuguese, but specifically asked about US tax questions and the IRS.

MTEE1985 and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  3. GlobalWealth

Rep Bank:
    $26,470
    I'll try to get a bit more practical here now.

First of all, you need to consider YOUR business and YOUR opportunity.

If your business has nexus (physical connection) to a certain jurisdiction, then you are obligated to pay tax in that jurisdiction, if any.

For example, if you own a chain of pizza restaurants in Iowa, you would have clear nexus. You would need to pay payroll tax for your employees plus income tax on your business and your personal tax.

If your business is more location independent, then you have more options.

Maybe you can "move" your business to a more tax friendly jurisdiction.

However, you would then need to consider the other factors like your citizenship, your legal residency, your tax residency (not always the same), etc.

If you have a location independent business but live in New York city, you will have a federal, state and city income tax obligation regardless of whether your business is registered in Nevada, Delaware or Seychelles.

If you are willing to give up your residency status in your home, presumably high tax country, and live in a tier 1 or 2 country, then it is easily structured for a zero tax lifestyle.

There are also some more complicated strategies available to "strip" out profit from your business for tax deferral, but typically the more complex strategies are for higher incomes (I'm not assuming your income.....or @Vigilante's gender for that matter).

ZF Lee, Contrarian, Kingmaker and 4 others like this.
  4. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,107
  5. OlivierMo

OlivierMo Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $727
    Amen brothers. Nobody thinks in terms of efficiency and productivity of government, waste, etc... They've been zombified by politicians, the bureaucratic class and the technocrats. It's fairly pathetic.

GlobalWealth and Rabby like this.
  6. OlivierMo

Rep Bank:
    $727
  7. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $12,393
    @AgainstAllOdds @CareCPA @Kak - I lost track of the thread when it went full Lord of the Flies, but RE: using cash basis accounting and putting your money in inventory to reduce income tax:

Here's what I don't understand, and I'm guessing it's because I'm missing something fundamental. If you buy all that inventory before year end, you increase your property tax when you have to report your 12/31 inventory right? Are you really coming out ahead, or are you just decreasing income tax but getting hit with property tax?

8. CareCPA

CareCPA Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,758
    Property tax does not exist on a federal level. Do you have a state-specific property tax that you're concerned about?

My general experience is that the threshold is high (or the exemption is high, depending on wording), and that tax is generally low. Usually property taxes target mainly real property (real estate) and higher-value tangible property (i.e. vehicles, heavy machinery, etc). This varies heavily by state. Example: PA does not have a tax on assets, only an income tax.

If you can provide more context, I may be able to help out more.

Kid and GlobalWealth like this.
  9. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $12,393
    So I’m in TX which is no state income tax but high property tax - I’m so used to working in big companies that I was assuming - but now that you mention threshold, I think inventory value has to be north of a certain relatively high amount before it kicks in

Kak and CareCPA like this.
  10. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,107
    Imagine if all the people who agree with this bill but believe it is impossible suddenly said, "you know what, I'm going to call my Congressman about this!"

Would the scripted Eeyore line "this could never happen" still be impossible?

11. Guest6xt1

Guest6xt1 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    Apologies to all, someone accessed my account without my permission (let it be known it's not my comment). Though it's a lesson for me to be more careful with my account.

ZF Lee likes this.
  12. OlivierMo

Rep Bank:
    $727
    I don't think it'd make any difference. Politicians are buddy buddy despite the show they're putting on. It's like 2 businesses that are supposed to compete but have some kind of common interests (e.g prices can't get too low). Their bread and butter is donations from big donors who expect tax breaks, subsidies and other advantages in return. Remove all of that and politicians stop having leverage. Power isn't usually ethical.
    Sorry for being a party pooper but looking how Western democracies are evolving, I can't be that optimistic. I think most of our elites have contempt for citizens now (Macron in France.)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.