The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to improve in cold calling at the best possible?

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
hi fellow fastlaners,
I have developed a solution regarding auto repair niche, but when I cold call the conversion rates are low and there are a lot of gatekeepers in the niche. Could I have some advice and insight on it.
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Have you been on YouTube and looked up videos for cold calling tips, watched them and implemented the tips?
Have you looked for books with cold calling tips, read them and implemented the tips?

If not then those are the first things you need to do.

A question whose answer might help me or others to give other tips - how did you get your existing customers?

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Have you been on YouTube and looked up videos for cold calling tips, watched them and implemented the tips?
Have you looked for books with cold calling tips, read them and implemented the tips?

If not then those are the first things you need to do.

A question whose answer might help me or others to give other tips - how did you get your existing customers?
I have looked up to jordan belfort in youtube and implemented his cold calling tonality. I am currently reading fanatical prospecting and finished way of the wolf straight line persuasion.
I got my existing customers through cold calling which I was relentlessly doing but I think of it as a dumb luck. I think it should be improved

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK
Cool @Laksh Ramesh - can your existing customers refer you to some of their peers? Can you get some testimonials from them? If you didn't already try those then make sure you do. I've hear Fanatical Prospecting is really good, but not read it yet.

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Cool @Laksh Ramesh - can your existing customers refer you to some of their peers? Can you get some testimonials from them? If you didn't already try those then make sure you do. I've hear Fanatical Prospecting is really good, but not read it yet.
I will try to get the referrals, thats a good idea and get some testimonials in for me. Thanks a lot for the idea!!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
hi fellow fastlaners,
I have developed a solution regarding auto repair niche, but when I cold call the conversion rates are low and there are a lot of gatekeepers in the niche. Could I have some advice and insight on it.
Thank you
Selling to B or C?

Might need to play the long game of whatsapp group, telegram group, email list.....

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
...but when I cold call the conversion rates are low and there are a lot of gatekeepers in the niche. Could I have some advice and insight on it.

Hi, I've made over 2,000 cold calls.
You say low, what are your numbers per 100 calls? Best thing I can say at this point is to keep in mind the 100/10/3 rule looking at your current results.

For every 100 calls you make, 90 wont care, 10 may be slightly interested, and only 0-3 may be ready to move forward in the sales conversation.

The next biggest tip is to just keep at it, there's a lot in these interactions you can only learn through personal experience and social wherewithal.

Are you trying to sell with your first contact, or set up a future sales meeting?

When someone picks up the phone, do your vomit your offer to them or acknowledge their time and that you're a salesman, and if they have time to hear about your offer that can help their results?

Echoing N.S., find and consume existing youtube videos, determine the why to the techniques, and practice.

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
hi fellow fastlaners,
Thank you
That’s a loaded question Laksh and I’d follow it up with a few questions for you:

What are your stats? If you don’t know them, you need to start recording them. Today.
Dials, Answers, Decision Makers, Pitches, Meetings booked or Sales depending on how your process is.

What’s your script look like? (DM to me if you’d rather not share here)

Can you find the DMs cell numbers? This will increase your conversion rates by cutting out the gatekeepers.

How are you keeping track of all your data?

I could ask endless questions on this, but these are the first that come to mind.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Pay special attention to loopings (Jordan Belfort)

Terms as "I hear what you're saying, let me ask you this" or (not interested) "I know, that's exactly the reason I'm calling" and follow up with a strong question. In their mind you have to earn more time and be relevant. WIIFM.

The best reason to showcase you can help them is by the questions that you ask. Not by what you're telling them.

Something else what always works for me is having 5 - 10 specific strong broad questions ready to pique interest (if there is any).
This is product / service specific and you can work it out.

Any conversation you already start with no customer. The situation can only get better. Remember that :)

Good luck!

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
That’s a loaded question Laksh and I’d follow it up with a few questions for you:

What are your stats? If you don’t know them, you need to start recording them. Today.
Dials, Answers, Decision Makers, Pitches, Meetings booked or Sales depending on how your process is.

What’s your script look like? (DM to me if you’d rather not share here)

Can you find the DMs cell numbers? This will increase your conversion rates by cutting out the gatekeepers.

How are you keeping track of all your data?

I could ask endless questions on this, but these are the first that come to mind.
sure I will send you the script over the dm, I could not particularly find the DMs cell numbers, maybe I have to try the chamber of commerce site in order to get it.
I have been keeping the track of my data through excel sheet, after my cold calling hours are done.
I usually did for today 71 dials in 3 hours, reached 14 decision makers, meetings booked are 0

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Hi, I've made over 2,000 cold calls.
You say low, what are your numbers per 100 calls? Best thing I can say at this point is to keep in mind the 100/10/3 rule looking at your current results.

For every 100 calls you make, 90 wont care, 10 may be slightly interested, and only 0-3 may be ready to move forward in the sales conversation.

The next biggest tip is to just keep at it, there's a lot in these interactions you can only learn through personal experience and social wherewithal.

Are you trying to sell with your first contact, or set up a future sales meeting?

When someone picks up the phone, do your vomit your offer to them or acknowledge their time and that you're a salesman, and if they have time to hear about your offer that can help their results?

Echoing N.S., find and consume existing youtube videos, determine the why to the techniques, and practice.
I do really think I have to increase my numbers up and my dialing speed as of today I did 71 dials and calls made in 2 hours. I have improved today in my tonality and was speaking with more certainty then before

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.