The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get profitable or fail fast with AdWords

Marketing, social media, advertising

Blackman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
London, UK
Using a WP landing page for the front end (I like the theme and customizability), and a Shopify checkout link. The only thing that sucks is I can't set up quantities or variations without a cumbersome setup.

Would be nice to at least validate the product with a sale!

I know it sounds really obvious, but how relevant are your keywords to your product?

When the sale is made pretty much few minutes after looking up the search term in Google (which is what usually happens with e-commerce), the keywords play a huge role in this, because if a "wrong" type of customer ends up on your landing page, then what happens after is irrelevant, no matter how good your landing page is or how attractive your offer may be.

Assuming your keywords/search terms perfectly match your product, and I really mean perfectly, then normally the next issue is the landing page.

Since you expect your visitor to make a purchase when they land on your page, what they see MUST exactly match with what they are looking for, otherwise you're wasting your time/money.

With just a single product, it should be pretty simple to make a nice, relevant landing page, but make sure it looks trustworthy and has all the usual stuff, like plenty of product photos, description, about us page, etc.

The best way to get the landing page right is to check out what your top competitors are doing and model them for ideas, layout, etc.

And at the end of the day, you will have to go through the trial and error period, but the good thing is that you are already getting traffic, so you have some numbers to play with - just make sure the traffic is relevant to what you're offering.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I know it sounds really obvious, but how relevant are your keywords to your product?

When the sale is made pretty much few minutes after looking up the search term in Google (which is what usually happens with e-commerce), the keywords play a huge role in this, because if a "wrong" type of customer ends up on your landing page, then what happens after is irrelevant, no matter how good your landing page is or how attractive your offer may be.

Assuming your keywords/search terms perfectly match your product, and I really mean perfectly, then normally the next issue is the landing page.

Since you expect your visitor to make a purchase when they land on your page, what they see MUST exactly match with what they are looking for, otherwise you're wasting your time/money.

With just a single product, it should be pretty simple to make a nice, relevant landing page, but make sure it looks trustworthy and has all the usual stuff, like plenty of product photos, description, about us page, etc.

The best way to get the landing page right is to check out what your top competitors are doing and model them for ideas, layout, etc.

And at the end of the day, you will have to go through the trial and error period, but the good thing is that you are already getting traffic, so you have some numbers to play with - just make sure the traffic is relevant to what you're offering.
I think I might have a relevancy problem. I've tweaked the LP so much and I think it looks pretty good though I am lacking any social proof or trust.

I'm targetting broader keywords like [cheap austin plumber] rather than [cheap austin emergency RV plumber]. Might need to narrow way down and accept the loss in traffic for increased relevancy.

My product is also sort of a commodity. Millions of competitors but nothing really special. Though mine is very different even though it serves the same purpose.

Like how IKEA does furniture differently than Kirkland's. Same result really, but different execution and target market.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Using a WP landing page for the front end (I like the theme and customizability), and a Shopify checkout link.

so, you basically have one page, and then when they want to checkout it takes them to another "site"? or does it integrate smoothly so the customer can't tell the difference?

The only thing that sucks is I can't set up quantities or variations without a cumbersome setup.
Use a complete Shopify store?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.