The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find data for market research

Marketing, social media, advertising

Marco Aurelio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 4, 2020
Italy
Hi everyone! I am currently doing a marketing internship at a very early-stage B2B startup in the EU (I am in college and I'm doing it just to learn about business, I am not starting my own company because I don't have money and I am planning to move abroad soon).

They asked me to find data about the target customers in some states of the US, we need to understand some characteristics of these companies and if there is an interest in the product my company is offering.

I already have a list of companies in that sector in the target states. I created an online survey with questions about all the information that we need. I sent it to the companies by email but after 2 weeks I received 0 answers. In the email, I was writing that I am a student and that these data are for a university internship because I thought it would make them more willing to answer, but apparently, it didn't work.

I also tried to contact some middle-level employees of the target companies on LinkedIn, asking them to do an interview for our social media and blog. The idea was that they would share the information that we need and we could also publish the interview to make some content marketing, which would also benefit their companies because of brand exposure. I sent around 100 invitations to connect and only one guy accepted but ghosted me after I wrote him.

My last strategy was to set up an American number to call the companies (at the number they display on their websites) and ask them for the information we need. The ones who answered either told me to call later when the owner is there (and then didn't answer) or are secretaries who don't know anything about what I needed.

I am a little desperate and I don't really know which strategies I can pursue. It would be extremely helpful if someone could suggest to me some new options or share some ideas on how to improve the ones I already tried. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
So they're having you do free lead gen for them.

I am not starting my own company because I don't have money and I am planning to move abroad soon).

You know that you could just sell the service that they're having you do for the interview, right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.