The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find clients?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
Hey guys i have a question, you can be the best webdesigner, but if you have no clients and no one knows you and your web buisness than all your coding/selling/problem solving skills are worthless. So i had only 3 Clients wich paid me each 50€, i found these 3 clients over twitter and messaged them and so we got into business. But since then i could not finde any other clients and maybe i am overthinking that but its kind of difficult to find new clients. Because i do not only design "normal websites" like other webdesigner, i also make webgames etc. For 2 clients i made a website wich they can implement in OBS (live streaming programm) as a browser source for their twitch stream (it was a "who wants to be a millionaire" game), they enjoyd it and their twitch viewers as well and the 2 streamers got more viewers than they normaly had because of this game/website i made. But its dificult for finding people with those needs or maybe they dont even know yet that they could need somethink like this. For example the 2 streamers got messaged by me and i suggested the idea to them with the "who wants to be a millionaire" game and they got really happy. So you got any ideas on how to find new clients?

Thanks for your time and your replies

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
The first thing you would need to do is identify your ideal client. Like what type of clients you want to have.

Personally, to make the money I want to make, I know I have to go with local service based businesses like towing and tree care.

From there I know a lot of those guys are on home advisor and I make a prospecting list from the results of a search.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
50? I wouldn't even answer my phone for $50.

There's a few ways.

Straight up, cold hard sales: Emailing, DMing, Calling businesses

Advertising: Facebook, PPC, Youtube, Craigslist, etc.

Directories: such as Google My Business (GMB), other directory sites that have a list of web design agencies

Freelancing sites: terrible idea

Content marketing: creating content for business owners that will find your content, follow you, and eventually work with your firm once they value your work and already like you. Great way to build a web design firm/agency if you're thinking about the long term.

Referrals too

But before any of that....

What the hell are you doing charging 50 bucks (or whatever they're called in europe)?

The company my best friend works for paid tens of thousands of dollars for a WORDPRESS SITE. I could've built it in a week and someone made tens of thousands of dollars for it. You need a giant change in your perspective.

mell0w

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 4, 2020
Germany
What the hell are you doing charging 50 bucks (or whatever they're called in europe)?

Yeah, you are definitely right but as i said, i made these website for twitch streamers and i just had in my mindset that they are not willing or even able to pay that much more and other stupid stuff. But you are right, next time i will charge more! Thanks for your reply.

Fersko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 3, 2018
Yeah, you are definitely right but as i said, i made these website for twitch streamers and i just had in my mindset that they are not willing or even able to pay that much more and other stupid stuff. But you are right, next time i will charge more! Thanks for your reply.
Well maybe it's time then to change your target group?

Like you say yourself Twitch streamers are likely not interested in spending a great amount in leisure additions to their stream. It also probably doesn't earn them more money at the end.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
targeting twitch streamers for website work is about as pointless as a construction company targeting teenagers that build with lego sets.

Work with real businesses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.