The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to determine a fair partnership percentage

AbdullahR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 30, 2018
My brother and I have a SAAS platform. The tech is functional and UX is great. We have a few customers and the feedback about the product has been great.Our problem has been marketing the platform to the intended audience. We have a close friend who has a large platform, with 99% of his customers being our intended customer.

We've both recognized that entering into some sort of deal that'll allow us to market to his large audience would be beneficial. We've offered him an exclusive affiliate deal, that'll give him 25% of all of the customers that he brings to the site. He's countered and actually would like to partner with us, gaining equity in the company at 33% and him shouldering the responsibility of marketing the platform.

33% doesn't seem right. I wanted to see if anyone can share their experience in determining a proper partnership deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.