The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to determine a fair partnership percentage

AbdullahR

Contributor
Oct 30, 2018
My brother and I have a SAAS platform. The tech is functional and UX is great. We have a few customers and the feedback about the product has been great.Our problem has been marketing the platform to the intended audience. We have a close friend who has a large platform, with 99% of his customers being our intended customer.

We've both recognized that entering into some sort of deal that'll allow us to market to his large audience would be beneficial. We've offered him an exclusive affiliate deal, that'll give him 25% of all of the customers that he brings to the site. He's countered and actually would like to partner with us, gaining equity in the company at 33% and him shouldering the responsibility of marketing the platform.

33% doesn't seem right. I wanted to see if anyone can share their experience in determining a proper partnership deal.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom