The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to deal with the new AI era?

Erik447

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Apr 22, 2021
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about AI and its rapid advancements. It's hard not to, with news about it everywhere I look. Unfortunately, many content creators use every bit of news to create anxiety and stress just for clicks. It's frustrating to see. Even typing AI in the YouTube search bar, most posts are meant to induce negative emotions, particularly about being replaced by this technology. As a developer, it definitely affects me. I never thought I'd see such advancement in this field so soon. Every week, it feels like my knowledge and skills become devalued. My intention is not to be another commodity in the market though. My goal is to develop a successful business, but it's starting to feel pointless because my current niche project, which seemed safe a few months ago, is now threatened by this disruptive technology, possibly rendering it useless. If that were to happen, the only option is to move on to the next thing. There is an issue though about the next thing.

I don't know how quickly AI will evolve or what its limitations will be, which makes it discouraging to work on any business idea that could suddenly be wiped out by this god-like technology. I am seeing this technology get its hands into things I would never think it could do such as art. Just look at the stuff that Nvidia came up with it. It takes time and effort to develop something. It seems like the list of things one can actually get involved with is growing shorter and shorter.

How can I stay motivated and adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of AI technology? What strategies or insights can help me continue to thrive in this uncertain future?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Stop listening to other peoples opinions on it and use it yourself.

Content creators have a vested interest in hyping this up, because all they really want is for lots of people to click on their link. Start forming your own opinions and you’ll realize, from a development standpoint, it’s a nice helpful tool but it’s not replacing you anytime soon.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
"Automation" has been the name of the game since the dawn of humanity.

Humans, driven by laziness, have been on a relentless pursuit to automate everything and increase production. We've been very successful at doing this, since now you can buy 40 pounds of rice by only working 1 day at the minimum wage. In the past, this level of abundance was unthinkable.

Software makes no exception to the rule.
Since the computer was invented, year by year software became easier to write, as automation tools became more advanced. AI is the next logical step that will be used in a lot of industries, including science and software development.

Each and every single time a massive technological breakthrough happened that enabled more automation (e.g. printing press, steam engine, electrical appliances), goods became cheaper and more readily available, quality of life improved, everybody on the planet got richer, and the economy skyrocketed.

I don't understand why some people are so stupid that they look at a gold mine of opportunity, and all they see is doom and gloom, and the impending end of the world.

Ultimate victim mindset.

Jobs get replaced. People don't.

I can't watch Youtube for more than 10 minutes without seeing some cringe AI thumbnail that makes me want to punch a hole through the monitor.

1679782662382.png

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
"Automation" has been the name of the game since the dawn of humanity.
We shouldn't forget that most people are lazy and either don't have the time or don't want to spend the effort of doing things themselves and they have their reasons. We are still buying postcards and buying stationary that we could easily make ourselves.
There are still people asking questions on the internet that they could google the answer to in less than a minute.

To me that makes AI a golden pool of opportunities for new ideas and industries to sell to people who don't want to put in the effort, because they are consumers rather than producers.

Last edited:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Lately, I've been thinking a lot about AI and its rapid advancements. It's hard not to, with news about it everywhere I look. Unfortunately, many content creators use every bit of news to create anxiety and stress just for clicks. It's frustrating to see. Even typing AI in the YouTube search bar, most posts are meant to induce negative emotions, particularly about being replaced by this technology. As a developer, it definitely affects me. I never thought I'd see such advancement in this field so soon. Every week, it feels like my knowledge and skills become devalued. My intention is not to be another commodity in the market though. My goal is to develop a successful business, but it's starting to feel pointless because my current niche project, which seemed safe a few months ago, is now threatened by this disruptive technology, possibly rendering it useless. If that were to happen, the only option is to move on to the next thing. There is an issue though about the next thing.

I don't know how quickly AI will evolve or what its limitations will be, which makes it discouraging to work on any business idea that could suddenly be wiped out by this god-like technology. I am seeing this technology get its hands into things I would never think it could do such as art. Just look at the stuff that Nvidia came up with it. It takes time and effort to develop something. It seems like the list of things one can actually get involved with is growing shorter and shorter.

How can I stay motivated and adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of AI technology? What strategies or insights can help me continue to thrive in this uncertain future?
You should be happy about it. Think in terms of faster development times, getting unstuck faster.

It's all about the execution. Now with AI, you can do the work of 10 people for the same effort.

Win win for the entrepreneur.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm one of those few here who believe AI will replace a lot of jobs including design/art-related fields (it's already happening as I type this), content writing and data processing type jobs such as accountancy. At least at the lower tier. It'll then come for the upper tier folks in these industries. I'm already spending lesser and lesser on digital design products and photography due to AI. Those $ were originally earned by people I hired on Upwork.

The way to "escape", is to go into physical products. That area will be relatively safe for the time being.

Creative_Name

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 17, 2022
At first, I was kinda sad because an AI robot would do my job as an electrician better. But then I remembered I wasn’t going to do this for 30 years. I was going to bring products into reality and make people happy.

This AI thing is great, I get an AI teacher that can teach me what’s wrong with my code, and can help me generate assets to use in what I’m building.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.