Hey,
I've spent about 30,000 dollars and 2 years working on a business that had a really bad business model.
Here's the challenges I found with this business.
1. High volume product
2. Low profit product
3. Hard to reach market
4. Niche market
5. Hard to pitch product
6. Not really a big need/want
7. Not very exciting business for me personally
The business also failed the CENTS framework.
So now I'm starting over with a software product, and right now I'm going to choose a market where I can find a pain/problem to solve.
This thread is about what criterias or framework of thinking is good for choosing a market to enter!
I'm thinking the following:
1. A market where you solve a problem that is so painful that the customer says something like "Yes I want that!
Where, how and when can I get that?! Yes I'd pay for that"
2. Reachable market (the person experiencing the pain and the decision maker)
You should be able to have a way to reach the customers that fits within the business model.
3. The customer should have money to be able to pay for your product.
For example targeting businesses - high turnover/profit
4. In this case making software, ideally they should use some kind of software or desktop application already.
So you don't have to hard sell / change human behavior
5. Have a clear USP. You should understand the customer pain and problem better than the competitors and execute on that.
6. Should be a scalable and have a big market to scale it to
7. Actually think it's good to find some competitors/alternatives in the market proofing the need for a solution
8. The need for the business should be validated further
What critierias do you think is MOST IMPORTANT for choosing a market to enter?
What is good ways to find specific markets?
I've spent about 30,000 dollars and 2 years working on a business that had a really bad business model.
Here's the challenges I found with this business.
1. High volume product
2. Low profit product
3. Hard to reach market
4. Niche market
5. Hard to pitch product
6. Not really a big need/want
7. Not very exciting business for me personally
The business also failed the CENTS framework.
So now I'm starting over with a software product, and right now I'm going to choose a market where I can find a pain/problem to solve.
This thread is about what criterias or framework of thinking is good for choosing a market to enter!
I'm thinking the following:
1. A market where you solve a problem that is so painful that the customer says something like "Yes I want that!
Where, how and when can I get that?! Yes I'd pay for that"
2. Reachable market (the person experiencing the pain and the decision maker)
You should be able to have a way to reach the customers that fits within the business model.
3. The customer should have money to be able to pay for your product.
For example targeting businesses - high turnover/profit
4. In this case making software, ideally they should use some kind of software or desktop application already.
So you don't have to hard sell / change human behavior
5. Have a clear USP. You should understand the customer pain and problem better than the competitors and execute on that.
6. Should be a scalable and have a big market to scale it to
7. Actually think it's good to find some competitors/alternatives in the market proofing the need for a solution
8. The need for the business should be validated further
What critierias do you think is MOST IMPORTANT for choosing a market to enter?
What is good ways to find specific markets?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
